Al MVP Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al MVP Thread

Ray Finkle said:
Mike, again I ask the question how can Arod win the MVP award when he's not even the MVP of his own team? Rivera is clearly the Yankee MVP, without him Randy Johnson would be facing Jeremi Gonzalez or Abe Alvarez today.

Also the MVP is mainly about hitting, they have awards for good fielding and stolen bases.

I understand your point about how Arod fields and plays more of the game I really do however you can't take away the fact that although the numbers are similar Ortiz has been almost ungodly at times this year even compared to Babe Ruth with his numbers and approach to hitting. Also clearly last nights game was a good showing of who's the real MVP whether Ortiz wins it or not: Ortiz in his 1st at bat got an RBI base hit, 2nd at bat hit a hard ball right up the middle but robbed by Wang and after that didn't see another strike, while the Red Sox pitchers went after Arod the whole night. Arod is a great hitter and a Hall of Famer no doubt but he doesn't put fear into another team or pitcher like Ortiz does this year.

How is he NOT the MVP of the Yanks? Please.

And when you compare Ortiz to Ruth.........you lost all credibility.

GreenMonster said:
I guess that MikeO believes that it was A-ROD that carried his team all year long, came up with every big hit, and is the most liked guy in the clubhouse. Oh thats Ortiz..

Now its about being liked in the clubhouse? Oh my god some of you people are clueless.

If its about being liked in the clubhouse then Bonds wouldn't have 1 MVP trophy. Guys, I understand being Ortiz fans, I even understand saying he should win MVP (even though I disagree) but with some of these statements you are looking like first rate fools.

MikeO said:
Now its about being liked in the clubhouse? Oh my god some of you people are clueless.

If its about being liked in the clubhouse then Bonds wouldn't have 1 MVP trophy. Guys, I understand being Ortiz fans, I even understand saying he should win MVP (even though I disagree) but with some of these statements you are looking like first rate fools.

Statements like Tom V. says A-ROD is the MVP (yippee Gammons thinks Ortiz is the MVP), and Ortiz can win since he doesn't play in the field. Lets remember all of the other great fielders that have won the award recently like Sosa, Walker, Giambi, Gonzalez, and of course that defensive whizz in the field Mo Vaughn. Eckersely played in only 69 games in 92', you must have been horrified that a player that barely plays in a 1/3 of the games and never runs the bases can win an award for hitting, defense, base-running and the daily grind.

MikeO said:

He's not, Sheff has more big hits at clutch times, And without Mo, they are not close!

Your using sports writers for your good, listen to any talk sports radio up hear, they all say the same thing Mo is the MVP of the Yankees. From the biggest Yank homer Mike F to the guys on ESPN.

GreenMonster said:
Statements like Tom V. says A-ROD is the MVP (yippee Gammons thinks Ortiz is the MVP), and Ortiz can win since he doesn't play in the field. Lets remember all of the other great fielders that have won the award recently like Sosa, Walker, Giambi, Gonzalez, and of course that defensive whizz in the field Mo Vaughn. Eckersely played in only 69 games in 92', you must have been horrified that a player that barely plays in a 1/3 of the games and never runs the bases can win an award for hitting, defense, base-running and the daily grind.

It's not about playing GREAT defense. It's about playing defense period. The daily grind of 9 innings and getting up off the bench and picking up a glove. Eck had the greatest year of any relief pitcher in history. Want to bring up his numbers? Might want to pipe down before you start badmouthing Eck's 92' season.

I will also say this. If Ortiz DOESN'T win the home run crown, no way he should win MVP.

If they give the MVP to a DH who doesn't even hit the most home runs in the league, then its a crime.

single, double, HR for A-Rod. Guess that isn't clutch though..lol

MikeO said:
single, double, HR for A-Rod. Guess that isn't clutch though..lol

The games been over since Renteria K'ed back in the 2nd inning with the bases loaded. That homerun and double have come in a 6-2 game, so to answer your question, no that's not clutch.

We know A-rod can rack up statistics in meaningless points of games, hell just look at 2003 in Texas.

Ortiz is the real MVP, whether he wins it or not. This bias against him being a DH is ridiculous.

FaninPatsyLand said:
The games been over since Renteria K'ed back in the 2nd inning with the bases loaded. That homerun and double have come in a 6-2 game, so to answer your question, no that's not clutch.

We know A-rod can rack up statistics in meaningless points of games, hell just look at 2003 in Texas.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: you guys have a cop-out and an excuse for everything. If A-Rod went 0-4 today you guys would say, "BIG GAME AND A-ROD DOES NOTHING". A-Rod goes 3-4 and almost has the cycle and now he did it when the game was over. HE IS PART OF THE REASON THE GAME IS OVER AND OUT OF REACH!

If Chicago holds on to win, A-Rod just went 3-4 with 3 legs of the cycle in a game that WON HIS TEAM THE AL EAST and that isn't clutch? LOL LOL :lol: :lol:

You guys are amazing. Really.

MikeO said:
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: you guys have a cop-out and an excuse for everything. If A-Rod went 0-4 today you guys would say, "BIG GAME AND A-ROD DOES NOTHING". A-Rod goes 3-4 and almost has the cycle and now he did it when the game was over. HE IS PART OF THE REASON THE GAME IS OVER AND OUT OF REACH!

If Chicago holds on to win, A-Rod just went 3-4 with 3 legs of the cycle in a game that WON HIS TEAM THE AL EAST and that isn't clutch? LOL LOL :lol: :lol:

You guys are amazing. Really.

He didn't win ****, the games been over for 5 innings. You wanna talk about Sheffield who hit a bomb, and made a couple of outstanding plays defensively, that's fine.

But don't give me this A-rod garbage, we've ALL seen this from him before.

P.S. Congrats on the win.. you guys deserved it. I want Renteria's head on a ******* plate.

FaninPatsyLand said:
He didn't win ****, the games been over for 5 innings. You wanna talk about Sheffield who hit a bomb, and made a couple of outstanding plays defensively, that's fine.

But don't give me this A-rod garbage, we've ALL seen this from him before.

P.S. Congrats on the win.. you guys deserved it. I want Renteria's head on a ******* plate.

:rofl3: Whatever!

Pleae refer to him as 2005 MVP A-Rod from now on.

Thank you!

It also doesn't help Ortiz that Manny's numbers are almost identical now of his after today. A couple home runs less and only 6 RBI's less.

MikeO said:

Mike, go back and read what I wrote, I said Ortiz has been compared to Babe Ruth. I didn't compare the 2 guys nor did I say Ortiz is as good as Ruth etc. There were stats on NESN this week of both Ortiz and Ruth, I forgot what numbers they were comparing though at the moment, anyone want to help me out with it?

Ray Finkle said:
Mike, go back and read what I wrote, I said Ortiz has been compared to Babe Ruth. I didn't compare the 2 guys nor did I say Ortiz is as good as Ruth etc. There were stats on NESN this week of both Ortiz and Ruth, I forgot what numbers they were comparing though at the moment, anyone want to help me out with it?

To have Ortiz and Ruth in the same sentence is a joke. No stats to compare. Ruth (himself) was hitting more home runs than every other team in the leauge combined. Please, don't go even talking about the 2 in the same sentence.

A-Rod won the MVP today. Debate over

Finkle, I don't care what stats that crap sports station you have up there put on, Ortiz doesn't carry Ruth's jockstrap. As far as the MVP is concerned, Ortiz can have it. It seems like Red Sox fans were more obsessed with him winning the MVP then they were with winning the AL East. He can have the award, A-Rod will have his ring this year!

Back
Top Bottom