Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

In the OP it was stated "Wilson says he going to be targeted more than people think".

I didn't see any reference to that. I guess I will just assume that never actually occurred.

The whole reason I asked, was because AW has never struck me as someone who would make such a remark.

Personally, I think he would be a valuable piece here, and that he is easily at least the #4 receiver, in terms of talent (speed/hands/route running).
Yeah, that's not in there. And I am also skeptical Albert is the type of guy that would make that remark when he's still on the roster bubble.

Just thought u meant where the newfound Wilson hype was coming from.

This is too funny

I love this side tangente
Something ironic in correcting a error with another error.......lol.

A superior attitude is bad enough when it's warranted. When it isn't, it's just hilarious........lol.

They've kept Albert Wilson around for 2 seasons, for a reason. They apparently like him?

And thats a good thing IMO......

A year off so he should be in good physical form. (Healthy and rested )
God forbid Waddle or Fuller need a break one day and having Wilson could be a pretty damn good thing...

You know another rocket ain't a bad thing to have opponents have to cover. Damn it's like Hard Rock is turning into Cape Canaveral II ....

Last edited:
I’m good with Albert on the roster. I’m also ok with trading him if we can get a 5th or 6th.

It’s a crowded group and he’s making some real coin but he’s got some serious wheels and presumably a healthy body.

The talent in this WR room is insane.

As a fan, if you look at this group of WRs and TEs, it truly has become a nightmare for opposing DCs to gameplan for. Defenses will have to let one or two of these guys get covered one on one. That's A HUGE problem for any team that wants to blitz.

Then, staying in zone coverage opens up so many routes. I have dissected the options that are feasible for a defense to contain this group, and the only real option is to blitz heavy and create pressured throws for Tua. That very concept then opens up the YAC quick routes for Waddle, Wilson, Fuller.

I can't stress this enough: You will see an offense that hasn't been THIS dynamic and productive since the Marks Brothers era. Maybe the Fryar years as well.

It's really not that bold to say this, obviously, since the offense had been at best average since Marino retired. However, if you REALLY take an in depth look at this offense right now and its pieces....Hawly Shite... We are in for a ride that is going to take us places we haven't experienced as fans in a long time.

For the doubters and pessimists, I completely understand resisting the idea that this team is on the cusp of competing deep into the playoffs.

I am happy to say, being one of those pessimists for decades, that those times are in the rear view mirror.

Tua is going to thrive in this offense with all of the weapons at his disposal. How do I know? Because our coach and GM have built a culture that the entire team believes in. THAT is easily the biggest difference in this team since Shula. Winning championships starts with coaching. Period.

Walsh, Landry, Knoll, Johnson, Shula, Parcels, Holmgren, Cowher, Reid, and of course ole Bill in NE.

Flores is from the pedigree of coaches that have proven they are the standard. He's starting to provide those results progressively. Next step, win a playoff game. I believe we will be there this year, with next year being the big jump to the AFC Championship game.

It's easy to doubt, because all these years we've watched those Miami teams buckle. But THIS team.... THIS coach.... THIS GM.... and THIS fan base... is ready to win. September can't get here soon enough.

They've kept Albert Wilson around for 2 seasons, for a reason. They apparently like him?
Im not sure that is really a valid assumption, considering the timeline of the facts.

He took a pretty large paycut to remain on the team after Flo came in, and was subsequently injured. At that point, our roster was reallt bad, and he was basically gauranteed his money in 2019.

2020 rolls around, and he opted out because of Covid concerns, thus effectively making any action on the team's part moot.

I think he is one of the top 6 WRs under contract, but I doubt there were any smoke filled room meetings planning on AWs eventual return.

If he proves one of the best 6 in camp, in the context of the overall roster, great. If not, that means someone else showed to be of more value.

Occam's Razor carries the day most of the time.

im one of these people, wilson opted out while grant showed up to work everyday and went to battle with his teammates
But if he isn't the better player, you are doing a disservice to your team over an irrational bias.

You may dispute the use of the word "irrational", but in the end, keeping a lesser player over a better one for "feelz" is not good policy.

If Grant were widely viewed as a team leader, or something along those lines, it might be a different thing, assuming the talent is close (which it isn't).

Your judgement seems to be that opting out = character flaw. Is that the case?

But if he isn't the better player, you are doing a disservice to your team over an irrational bias.

You may dispute the use of the word "irrational", but in the end, keeping a lesser player over a better one for "feelz" is not good policy.

If Grant were widely viewed as a team leader, or something along those lines, it might be a different thing, assuming the talent is close (which it isn't).

Your judgement seems to be that opting out = character flaw. Is that the case?
grants stuck around for a reason, hes a hard working scrappy team first guy who provides good return skills, he should be the last receiver on the roster, not catching 60-80 balls a year...

my point about the opting out is one player wanted to go to battle with his teammates and the other took a year long vacation

wilson isnt significantly better than grant and hes injury prone, so i stick with the guy who had the heart and balls to suit up

im not all for grant either so dont get me wrong, im ok if we move on but if its between wilson and grant im sticking with the grant on his heart and return ability over wilson who was too scared to go to work and will only catch 20 balls and probably get hurt again anyway

grants stuck around for a reason, hes a hard working scrappy team first guy who provides good return skills, he should be the last receiver on the roster, not catching 60-80 balls a year...

my point about the opting out is one player wanted to go to battle with his teammates and the other took a year long vacation

wilson isnt significantly better than grant and hes injury prone, so i stick with the guy who had the heart and balls to suit up

im not all for grant either so dont get me wrong, im ok if we move on but if its between wilson and grant im sticking with the grant on his heart and return ability over wilson who was too scared to go to work and will only catch 20 balls and probably get hurt again anyway
I guess we are going to have to disagree about the gap between them as receivers.

I think it is much wider than you are allowing for.

Back
Top Bottom