Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

In what world is Jakeem Grant listed ahead of a healthy Albert Wilson? Grant is the one who has absolutely no chance at all to make the roster. I have no idea why he hasn't been cut yet tbh.
I'll take that bet.

Grant is absolutely on the team this season.

I believe that Waddle will be our return guy despite that folks are concerned about injury. Rookies play special teams, pretty much the way it goes. I don't think Waddle is going to be a top 2 WR on our team this year, that's Parker and Fuller. Hopefully i'm wrong but regardless I think he's going to be our return man. You don't just ignore those skills.
Big no no. You don't risk the team's potential #1 weapon on return.
Look it up, how did Waddle hurt his ankle at Bama?

The Wilson of '19 started looking the Wilson of '18 by the end of the year. If he's completely healthy then it's a no brainer. You keep him.
Yep if healthy he’s easily the 4th best wr on the team, or 3rd if we don’t wanna include waddle just yet

If he’s healthy and strong and ready to go.... could be good

Big no no. You don't risk the team's potential #1 weapon on return.
Look it up, how did Waddle hurt his ankle at Bama?
He isn't the #1 weapon until he is. To proclaim any player such lofty status before ever playing an NFL down is just hyperbole.

Having said that, I agree. I would prefer we go in a different direction there.

healthy wilson is your third best receiver (after parker and fuller).

preston will make it over him due to contract, potential, and past performance with Tua.

waddle will make it, as he is our future (and hopefully present).

after that, it's who knows.

jakeem grant is a try hard guy, who is attempting to maximize his marginal receiving skills, but to compare him to albert wilson as a receiver (due to statistics or otherwise) does a disservice to wilson.
Bowden is a lock because of his versatility. I kinda think he will be in the mix as a punt returner. Flores is very aggressive so I expect waddle to get some returns too. I'm ready to move on from Grant. Love the kid but this is an easy business decision.

Bowden is a lock because of his versatility. I kinda think he will be in the mix as a punt returner. Flores is very aggressive so I expect waddle to get some returns too. I'm ready to move on from Grant. Love the kid but this is an easy business decision.
I'm happy to give bowden every opportunity. I just didn't see any real burst. Hope I'm wrong.

He isn't the #1 weapon until he is. To proclaim any player such lofty status before ever playing an NFL down is just hyperbole.

Having said that, I agree. I would prefer we go in a different direction there.
Over all 6 pick, dolphins trading back up with him as a target even over Smith, Waddle is earmarked as our #1weapon. No denying that.

Hopefully traded but that's probably wishful thinking.
Probably.

Every team is up against the cap, and struggling to hold on to the players they have.

I dont see too many willing to take on contracts for older, bottom tier players, when they can bring in young guys for a lot less to fill the bottom roster spots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom