Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Wilson Back to his former Speedy Self?

I guess we are going to have to disagree about the gap between them as receivers.

I think it is much wider than you are allowing for.
wilson has only gone over 400 yards twice in his career and neither were with miami, he has 3 kick returns in his career for a total of 52 yards, 0 punt returns, 0 punt return yards

to me grant is more valuable for his return game, the receiving yards would be similar in the amount of balls wr6 is going to see, wilson has a career 2.6 receptions a game...hardly going to make any kind of difference for the offense

wilson catch % - 65.4
grant catch % - 61.8

when you add in the fact one showed up to work everyday and the other stayed home its an easy decision for me

I wonder how many of them a team would dare to cover with a single DB. Parker and Williams I could see but they can win the 50/50 ball with size and high point ability. Waddle, Fuller, and Wilson are guys who demand you respect their speed. So I'm seeing big cushion or safety help. There aren't many LB'ers that can hang with Gesicki. Seems like something has to give if the OL can give Tua the time for deep crossing routes to develop.

I expect a lot of short passes. I want to see routes to Doaks and Brown plus Long and Shaheen with the intention of trucking CB's/DB's.

Demoralize with power and then with speed. Am I being too optimistic?
"Demoralize Them" needs to be our camp motto!

wilson has only gone over 400 yards twice in his career and neither were with miami, he has 3 kick returns in his career for a total of 52 yards, 0 punt returns, 0 punt return yards

to me grant is more valuable for his return game, the receiving yards would be similar in the amount of balls wr6 is going to see, wilson has a career 2.6 receptions a game...hardly going to make any kind of difference for the offense

wilson catch % - 65.4
grant catch % - 61.8

when you add in the fact one showed up to work everyday and the other stayed home its an easy decision for me

I don't expect Wilson to fumble or drop the ball whenever he gets a look.

Can you honestly say the same with Grant? Or are you too much of a fan boy to see the guy sucks?

2018 Albert Wilson was impressive. I could see Wilson or Hurns pushing out Williams. Williams has potential. He pushed out Ford as he should have. But the rest of these guys catch the ball. They all have catch rates around 60% and they don’t drop the ball as much. Even if we go 6 WRs I think he’s out. We are stacked in the passing game. For once we should be the offense that makes picking up first downs look easy. That’s what I want to see. Which is why I think Williams is out. Even though he’s a great red zone guy, he’s also a guy who can stall a drive or put us in a third and long because he couldn’t hold onto the ball.

Can you honestly say the same with Grant? Or are you too much of a fan boy to see the guy sucks?
fanboy? albert wilsons 335 yards and 2tds isnt as valuable as grants returning skills and their catch % is a difference of 4% (65 and 61)

grant career return numbers 10.9yds per punt and 24.8yds per kick return

best returner in history devin hester 11.7yd per punt and 24.9yds per kick return

wilson catch % - 65.4
grant catch % - 61.8

I believe that Waddle will be our return guy despite that folks are concerned about injury. Rookies play special teams, pretty much the way it goes. I don't think Waddle is going to be a top 2 WR on our team this year, that's Parker and Fuller. Hopefully i'm wrong but regardless I think he's going to be our return man. You don't just ignore those skills.

That’s actually a misconception. Grant only has 5 drops in his last 121 targets. Which is very good.

That’s actually a misconception. Grant only has 5 drops in his last 121 targets. Which is very good.
Nice find. I wouldn't have guessed that. I do think that #6 spot comes down to Wilson or Grant. Perry and Merritt could be practice squad.

Parker and Williams give you two WR's with size. Fuller, Wilson, and Waddle all have serious speed. Our backs can catch and our TE's are a nice group. We added a new RT and a couple of power RB's. Also made some nice additions on the defense.

I would love nothing more than to attract the interest of a great OC.
Please be mindful of what you post. It's causing strange sensations in my pants.

Right now... my keeper six is

Fuller
Parker
Williams
Waddle
Bowden
Wilson

Perry to the Practice squad after week one (when Fuller is suspended).

The rest can go, with the possible exception of Merritt or Locksley to the PS.

I would take an eighth round supplemental pick for Grant and Hurns...

I may be one of few that believe Williams may be the odd man out, I see Wilson and Grant being more Tua receivers where Williams was mor Fitz. With Parker and Geiscki we have our 50/50 guys

Wilson says he going to be targeted more than people think. Many gave up on the guy after he was leading the league in YAC. The fins who were near last in the league in yards after catch now have 3 guys who can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. If the offensive line holds up this team should go deep into the playoffs. Now is the time for Tua to deliver!
More like with Waddle and Fuller his place on the team is in serious jeopardy.

healthy wilson is your third best receiver (after parker and fuller).

preston will make it over him due to contract, potential, and past performance with Tua.

waddle will make it, as he is our future (and hopefully present).

after that, it's who knows.

jakeem grant is a try hard guy, who is attempting to maximize his marginal receiving skills, but to compare him to albert wilson as a receiver (due to statistics or otherwise) does a disservice to wilson.

healthy wilson is your third best receiver (after parker and fuller).

preston will make it over him due to contract, potential, and past performance with Tua.

waddle will make it, as he is our future (and hopefully present).

after that, it's who knows.

jakeem grant is a try hard guy, who is attempting to maximize his marginal receiving skills, but to compare him to albert wilson as a receiver (due to statistics or otherwise) does a disservice to wilson.
McCain was also a try-hard guy... and when Flores got a chance, he upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom