Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Marvez Is Hearing Richard To Miami

I dont see Dallas doing this TBH, truth is Richard isnt that great of a candidate to begin with. He's everyone favorite up in here but its not like he got alot of interest outside of Miami. Its one thing to fire a coach with 2 losing seasons in a row and target this guy, but to fire your coach who has won his division 2/3 years and just won a playoff game because you dont want to lose such a flopable coaching prospect would be flat out stupid... But then again, its Jerry Jones so who the **** knows really...

And the offense is very important for the Cowboys. They have a young nucleus on O. Garrett is the offensive mind. Who could Richard get to be OC there if Garrett is fired? Would Jones really risk all that just to retain Richard?

All Jones would have to do is give him a promotion, a huge raise and promise him the head coaching job there when Garrett leaves. I guarantee that's what Jones does if he really wants to keep him that much. Hopefully Richard won't take it if offered though.
Considering that Garrett is only 52 that is a very dangerous proposition.

And the offense is very important for the Cowboys. They have a young nucleus on O. Garrett is the offensive mind. Who could Richard get to be OC there if Garrett is fired? Would Jones really risk all that just to retain Richard?

I highly doubt Garrett would be fired. He is the perfect coach for Jones. Jones needs a yes man. But, I do respect Jones’ love for his Cowboys.

Digital, I think you make excellent points, but I feel one piece of information should be emphasized: We're talking about the Dallas Cowboys.

If Kris Richard is offered the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys, that is the head coaching job of the Dallas Cowboys. If the Cowboys get run out of the building in Los Angeles, Jerry may decide to fire Jason Garrett, a guy who has been on the hot seat for a while now. If Jason Garrett gets canned and Jerry offers the ring to Kris Richard, why on Earth would he choose Miami over the Dallas freaking Cowboys? He knows the team, he knows the personnel, he's got more to work with, it's a team that just won a dang playoff game... and it's the Dallas Cowboys. America's team. The most talked about football team in America. Or the Miami Dolphins, a franchise that has fallen into ruin and that nobody cares about except when it's time to poke fun at the losers.

I don't like the Cowboys, but that's the truth. I can't escape it.
If Garrett gets fired it is a no-brainer. Richard would be stupid to leave the Cowboys for any franchise if the HC job is offered to him.

I think the discussion is under the assumption that Garrett is retained and "what would Jerry do" to keep Richard.

Jason Garret isn’t getting fired. No matter what happens on Sunday.

That’s not the scuttlebutt out here. Garrett has been on the hot seat for a season or two due to “underperforming” and was going to be fired if they missed the playoffs. It was even believed that had they lost to Seattle, he was out. There’s still belief that if Dallas gets blown out in LA, he’s done. Jerry Jones is unpredictable and it’s hard to know what he wants to do. We do know that Garrett isn’t 100% safe at the moment.

That’s not the scuttlebutt out here. Garrett has been on the hot seat for a season or two due to “underperforming” and was going to be fired if they missed the playoffs. It was even believed that had they lost to Seattle, he was out. There’s still belief that if Dallas gets blown out in LA, he’s done. Jerry Jones is unpredictable and it’s hard to know what he wants to do. We do know that Garrett isn’t 100% safe at the moment.

Hoping for a close, hard-fought loss on Sunday!

Maybe we look to Jason Garrett then?

Sigh.

So we fire Adam Gase for.......Kris Richard? Is this an upgrade?

So we fire Adam Gase for.......Kris Richard? Is this an upgrade?
Hard to say, two or three years down the road we'll know for sure. In the meantime, we will have to endure endless Belichick comparisons like we did the last three years.

Back
Top Bottom