Alex Smith: Good value at #2 ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith: Good value at #2 ?

TXFinFan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that quite a few mock drafts have changed Miami's pick to Alex Smith. Probably because of the connection to Scott Linehan. They also seem to think that Saban announcing that he was sticking with AJ Feeley as the starter next year, was just a smokescreen to throw people off.

My question is: Is Alex Smith a good value pick at #2?

Also, wouldn't we need to cut Sage Rosenfels before the draft to make room for Smith?

The draft is like playing poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you hit big, sometimes you lose big!

TXFinFan said:
I've noticed that quite a few mock drafts have changed Miami's pick to Alex Smith. Probably because of the connection to Scott Linehan. They also seem to think that Saban announcing that he was sticking with AJ Feeley as the starter next year, was just a smokescreen to throw people off.

Also, wouldn't we need to cut Sage Rosenfels before the draft to make room for Smith?

I think he is worth it

no we dont need to cut sage...smith is good but his arm sucks and he really hasnt played that tough of competition at utah...on the other hand rodgers has an amazing arm and hes very accurate too

TXFinFan said:

Nick Saban hasn't told anyone anything. Right now the draft board could have him at #1 but well never know that until the draft.

I am perhaps the biggest Alex Smith fan on the board, and I would love to see him picked at #2.

As for Sage, as I understand it, he's a free agent, so it's not a matter of cutting him as much as not re-signing him. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

DrAstroZoom said:
I am perhaps the biggest Alex Smith fan on the board, and I would love to see him picked at #2.

As for Sage, as I understand it, he's a free agent, so it's not a matter of cutting him as much as not re-signing him. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

nope, you're right, Sage is a free man

Buddwalk said:
no we dont need to cut sage...smith is good but his arm sucks and he really hasnt played that tough of competition at utah...on the other hand rodgers has an amazing arm and hes very accurate too

Personally, I'd rather have Rodgers too, but I think SF will take him. If we have AJ and Gus Frerrote and we draft Alex Smith, how can we keep Sage?

I would die a little inside if we picked Alex Smith. I watched him play and I don't think he was good enough against the ****ty teams that he played to warrant him as the number 2 pick.

TXFinFan said:
Personally, I'd rather have Rodgers too, but I think SF will take him. If we have AJ and Gus Frerrote and we draft Alex Smith, how can we keep Sage?

Cut AJ! Sorry, could not help myself! :(

Buddwalk said:

Saying "his arm sucks" really is overstating things. As for competition, look at Utah's schedule this year. Their nonconference schedule was pretty impressive.

Scott Andrew said:
Isn't Rodgers generally considered better then Smith?

Rodgers came from a WCO-like system at Cal, we are running more of what the Utes did last year, with different sets, including a bunch of shotgun

I would rather have Orton, Cambell, or Lefors to groom. AJ will get next season to proove himself....

NJL52 said:
I would die a little inside if we picked Alex Smith. I watched him play and I don't think he was good enough against the ****ty teams that he played to warrant him as the number 2 pick.

I take it you didnt see him romp in the Fiesta Bowl?

not to mention that Utah went undefeated, so I dont see how he wasnt good enough against sh!tty teams

Back
Top Bottom