Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith is a huge smokescreen!

God knows I don't want to get in the middle of this one but I would like to see one thing here, for those of you who say things like "Smith is not a franchise qb" or "there are no productive qb's worth taking that high"....I ask what specifically about what you have seen from his workouts, his college career or his character make you dislike him? I have not seen one person answer this. It seems to me that people around this board want to discredit him simply to..well..discredit him. I could sit here and make cases against Edwards, or Brown, or Benson but I must be missing on what exactly Alex Smith has done to be so looked down on.

Becks7 said:
God knows I don't want to get in the middle of this one but I would like to see one thing here, for those of you who say things like "Smith is not a franchise qb" or "there are no productive qb's worth taking that high"....I ask what specifically about what you have seen from his workouts, his college career or his character make you dislike him? I have not seen one person answer this. It seems to me that people around this board want to discredit him simply to..well..discredit him. I could sit here and make cases against Edwards, or Brown, or Benson but I must be missing on what exactly Alex Smith has done to be so looked down on.

I have answered it a few times...but I'll give you alittle taste now again...Smith played mostly from the shotgun....his footwork is awful...he doesn't know how to play behind a center....he doesn't know how to read a defense playing behind a center....it would be the same for a QB that played from Nebraska...can't ever remember one being a decent NFL QB....stay away from option style QB's...they have too much to learn....and not worth the risk of a top 10 draft pick.

Well I'm glad to know that you are a qb footwork expert but I am not..could you please explain to me in detail what makes his footwork so horrible?

Also did you just compare Alex Smith to a QB that runs the wishbone?

Like I said, could somebody give legit reasons why Alex Smith is not a top notch talent?

Becks7 said:
Well I'm glad to know that you are a qb footwork expert but I am not..could you please explain to me in detail what makes his footwork so horrible?

Also did you just compare Alex Smith to a QB that runs the wishbone?

Like I said, could somebody give legit reasons why Alex Smith is not a top notch talent?

This is going to take too much time....do you know what playing in the shotgun means? If so you should understand why in a shotgun...the QB doesn't have to take a 3-5-7 step drop....that is footwork...in a shotgun...the QB is standing yards behind the center...waiting for the football to be hiked...and I'm comparing Smith to all option style QB's...thats what he is....he didn't run out of a pro-style offense...the same as Timmy Chang.

Phinfan31 said:
Hweitz...you're in denial. You guys REALLY love your Ronnie Brown dont you?? Saban isnt doing this as a smoke screen. He will take the player with the best longterm value to this organization and that will be Alex Smith if we stay at #2. However, he WOULD like to trade down and WHY NOT look at all the options???? If I were him I would do EXACTLY the same thing. If Tampa gives him an offer that he cannot refuse then he will give up the #2 and go a different route in the draft (WR/RB with 5th, then he has a 2nd+3rd) But if Tampa doesnt give the great offer hes looking for then he WILL TAKE ALEX SMITH. He is a student of the game and if you havnt noticed who Saban has been bringing into our team...theyre all very smart guys.
you all r retarted. please stop saying that alex smith is even worth the #10 let alone the #2. if this were last years draft he would proabably be the 5th best qb. I honestly would rather take mcpherson at #2 than smith.

Alex Smith is definately a smoke screen, lets see what CHUCKIE in Tampa is willing to give up. Or is Gruden putting up a smoke screen to draft a RB?

Iowafin said:
Alex Smith is definately a smoke screen, lets see what CHUCKIE in Tampa is willing to give up. Or is Gruden putting up a smoke screen to draft a RB?

I think M. Williams....I believe he believes that the Vikes will trade up to get Williams...so he's going to trade before them...unless the Vikes make us a better offer.

I think that it is quite possible that Gruden making it look like he is interested, so that Saban takes a QB. That way Gruden can get the rb of his choice.

Kthurmus23 said:
I think that it is quite possible that Gruden making it look like he is interested, so that Saban takes a QB. That way Gruden can get the rb of his choice.

LOl thats the 1st time i heard that one. This is a chess match between Gruden and Saban :roflmao: thats the funniest thing i read all day.

Smith or Trade down. Smith is worthy of #2 and TB could use a QB for thier future. Griese has played well but he has been injury prone his whole career.

Dolphins have benn crying for a good QB since Marino retired. Of course Drew Brees was not good enough for Wanny so here we are.:cry:

Kthurmus23 said:

:shakeno: thats crazy!!! but also funny!!! :roflmao:

fishbanger said:
Dolphins have benn crying for a good QB since Marino retired. Of course Drew Brees was not good enough for Wanny so here we are.:cry:

That was one of the most painful things I've ever endured as a Dolfan, passing on Drew Brees to select Fletcher. One of the worst draft moves ever in my opinion. It was a mistake that set our franchise back years.

Becks7 said:

it beats me. he had a 32-4 td/int ratio. and lead utah to a 12-0 record.

and he's only a junior (and he graduated already)the kids smart.

but instead people want to critisize his footwork? give me a break... go find a REAL reason to discredit the guy.

4U2NV said:
That was one of the most painful things I've ever endured as a Dolfan, passing on Drew Brees to select Fletcher. One of the worst draft moves ever in my opinion. It was a mistake that set our franchise back years.

Yea Brees was a lock as a late 1st round pick.

Aquanator B1000 said:
it beats me. he had a 32-4 td/int ratio. and lead utah to a 12-0 record.

and he's only a junior (and he graduated already)the kids smart.

but instead people want to critisize his footwork? give me a break... go find a REAL reason to discredit the guy.

Its cus they still want Ronnie Brown, the greatest RB of all time.

Back
Top Bottom