All Roster Cuts Here | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Roster Cuts Here

We took this guy in the 5th round a few months ago.

Nice waste of a pick.

Great! We cut our 2012 5th round draft pick (Kaddu) and replace him with another team’s 2012 free agent (Sammy Brown). Why didn't we just pick Brown in the 7th round? Kaddu was 1st team Pac-12 (which may not be the SEC - but does produce a lot of NFL players) with limited football experience and good upside. But he was going to take time to develop, which the team should have known before drafting him. He will get claimed because of his skill set. We also cut Gates, our 4th round pick last year. This doesn’t make sense. Ireland is not doing a good job of drafting for this organization! Jimmy Johnson found Jason Taylor in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] round and Zach Thomas in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] round. Has Ireland even come close to doing anything like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! We cut our 2012 5th round draft pick(Kaddu) and replace him with another team’s 2012 free agent (Sammy Brown). Whydidn't we just pick Brown in the 7th round? Kaddu was 1st team Pac-12 (which may not be the SEC - but does produce a lot of NFL players) withlimited football experience and upside. He will get claimed real quickly. Wealso cut Gates, our 4th round pick last year. This doesn’t make sense. Ireland is not doing a good job of running this organization!

Ireland doesn't cut players without talking to Philbin first about it. Make no mistake, every cut that Ireland has made, Philbin was on board with.

I can't hate someone who's been a Dolphin for so long, but the dude was a model of mediocrity. The Culver Era is over. I wish him the best catching on with another team.

Good, he was awful. I would much rather see Cameron Collins on the PS than him.

disappointing, but at least we are not trying to hang onto mistakes
maybe he can make it through wavers and onto p.s.

Marty Gilyard or Shipley?

I'd like to see management bring in one of these two. From what I can remember when they came out, both could catch and were pretty quick.

Thoughts?

We took this guy in the 5th round a few months ago.

Nice waste of a pick.

exactly, the 5th round is still a round where u can find some nice players, another wasted pick

Gilyard no thanks .. Shipley if healthy but I thought that was his issue

He was a late rd draft pick. Statistically, the odds were never in his favor, so I don't see what you are getting at. I suppose its just more piling on directed at JI.

actually most 5th round picks make their teams statistically year one

I'm genuinely surprised that he's gone regardless of whether he could improve. Key learning with the Cunningham and Kaddu exits is that insufficient work was done by the scouting personnel to know what we were getting. We heard Ireland triumphantly proclaim that we killed the draft based on our board, but already we are getting lots of negative vibes with these cuts and Egnew's initial efforts, as well. I know that the probability of 5th and 6th draft picks coming good, is low. But the failure to adequately research the players ultimately selected isn't good enough.

exactly, the 5th round is still a round where u can find some nice players, another wasted pick

True. But from a statistical standpoint, the odds are still low. Consider yourself extremely fortunate when u hit on a Zach Thomas

Back
Top Bottom