Alot of Non-Dolphins Fans think Ricky is "done" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of Non-Dolphins Fans think Ricky is "done"

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I have been reading on various messageboards that they think Ricky's 2002 1800+ yard season was a fluke, and that last year's version was the real Ricky and that he will soon become an obsolete back in the league.. They continually cite his 3.5 YPC average of last year and state that it is subpar.

They claim that the Chargers had an equally awful line last year yet LT2 did much better..

So what is your take on this? Obviously they havent watched every Dolphins game to make a proper analysis.. Neither have I seen Tomlinson play much, but his stats are better and he appears to be the superior back.. but some people are even comparing Ricky to TROY HAMBRICK because they had the same YPC... Cowboy fans claim their line sucked too.. So what is the deal?

Is Ricky really losing it?

If our passing game and/or OL improve, watch Ricky's YPC and total yardage soar from last year. Ricky is still in his prime.

NO......our OL & QB sucked bad LY, and Ricky still gained considerable yardage. Remember Defenses stacked up to stop him because of sub par OL and passing game, and being too conservative. RW gets 1600 yards this year.

I don't think Ricky is losing it. I think that our offensive line did absolutely nothing last year. I don't think that no blame should be placed on Ricky, but I think that there was more to his lack of success last year than his ability. I think that the improvements at wide receiver will take some attention off Ricky. However, we still need to make improvements on the right side of the line and if we don't Ricky will have a lot of trouble running in that direction.

As for LaDainian Tomlinson, his offensive line did suck last year, but it didn't suck as much as ours. Tomlinson is a better running back than Ricky IMO.

Those guy's are morons who haven't seen the games. RW's is top 3, he just doesn't have a line.

Well, they cite his 3.5 YPC rather than his yardage.. And the Cowboys and Chargers did have similar situations with their offenses.. Brees is about even with what we had at QB.. Dallas did have a better passing attack though.

Had an awfull OL last year and he still had the second best rushing season in Miami history. The best season of course was Ricky in 2002.

1. Tomlinson is the best back in the league. Potential to be one of the best ever.
2. I don't think Ricky is losing it quite yet, but I think it's unlikely that he reaches 1800 yds again. With the pounding Ricky takes, I think he has maybe only 3 good years left.

Our line was horrible, our QB couldn't go deep, and our offense had no imagination whatsoever. Ricky was a warrior last year, all dolfans know that. His stats will be better this upcoming year. That being said, I do think LT may be a better back.

When I look at some of conclusions reached in the posts on our board from Dolfans whom I would expect saw most of last year’s games, it becomes easy to dismiss the conclusions reached in the posts on other boards from Non-Dolfans whom I doubt saw more that One game.

And by the way DallasDolfan, I'll have to respectfully disagree with your signature since I moved to Texas.

There was no reason for the opposing defenses to fear our vertical passing game. All they did was stack the box to stop Rickey. To make the matter worse our O-Line played very poorly and we didn't have Mark Dixon, our best lineman arguably. With a better Q.B.(Feeley) and an improved O-Line along with David Boston in our lineup life will be easier for Rickey and he will kick major butt this year.

In case you guys didn't know, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, and Ricky Williams have been the top three backs with the most all purpose yards in the last 3 or four years. I think Ricky is a complete back but he is special becasue of his size and his breakaway speed.

Re: Alot of Non-Dolphins Fans think Ricky is "done"

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I have been reading on various messageboards that they think Ricky's 2002 1800+ yard season was a fluke, and that last year's version was the real Ricky and that he will soon become an obsolete back in the league.. They continually cite his 3.5 YPC average of last year and state that it is subpar.

They claim that the Chargers had an equally awful line last year yet LT2 did much better..

So what is your take on this? Obviously they havent watched every Dolphins game to make a proper analysis.. Neither have I seen Tomlinson play much, but his stats are better and he appears to be the superior back.. but some people are even comparing Ricky to TROY HAMBRICK because they had the same YPC... Cowboy fans claim their line sucked too.. So what is the deal?

Is Ricky really losing it?

They're all nuts....

Ricky isn't done..... not yet anyway. He will be ala Earl Campbell if the offense isn't improved around him though.

Ricky was clearly a victim last year.
A RB can suffer when one aspect of the offense sucks let alone two major areas.

Fiedler is Fiedler and no teams fear getting burned by him and rightly so because he has shown he can't with enough consistency to make a D Coordinator even think twice about selling out to stop the run.

If you have a QB that strikes zero fear into defenses and blatantly plays D to stop the run then you need a damn good O-Line to make up for it. Our OL sucked as well. We had no weapons to take any attention off of Ricky.

If the offense improves it's a no brainer that Ricky will be at a pro bowl level.

Hopefully AJ Feeley and some youth coming of age at OL will solve the problem. If not it will be a very VERY long year watching our Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom