Alot of Non-Dolphins Fans think Ricky is "done" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alot of Non-Dolphins Fans think Ricky is "done"

Originally posted by Dolphinizzle

The Dolphins O-Line didn't change a lot from the 2002-2003 season. Ricky was reported to have dropped some weight last season, in order to increase his speed. I think this was a poor decision. There were countless times when Ricky Tippy-Toed behind the Line of scrimmage waiting for a hole to open.

That was the major difference I saw from 02 to 03, not the O-line.
Ricky is a power back. The type of back that should have the mentality of, "If there's not a hole, make a hole." which he did in 02. Now I'm not blameing Ricky for anything. He has no help, he's our offensive work horse, and teams know that. Teams were ready for Ricky in 03, and instead of getting Ricky some help, DW decided to stack the defense some more... surprise... surprise...

Ricky will get 1600+ this season if the O-line situation is fixed. He will get 1800+ if he realizes what type of runner he is and works on that, and the O-line gets fixed. His YPC will increase by about 2 YPC more. Which would be about 5.5 ypc. With a better receiving corpse, Ricky will take a lot less abuse, and won't have the defense stack the line for him. I look for him to have a really good season.

But as of right now, I don't think Ricky is a top 3.

Priest Holmes
Ladanian Tomlinson
Jamal Lewis
Clinton Portis
Ahman Green

all currently better backs than Ricky IMO.

Ricky was the very best in 2002, and if the Line gets taken care of he may be a top 3 in 04, but that remains to be seen.

That is not a very intellegent statement to make. All you did was name the backs that had a better year than Ricky Last year.

I agree... even if he did carry the ball a lot last year....
I don't think too many teams would turn down a BAD YEAR of 1300+ yards.

1300+ yards and people call him "done"...

PUH LEASE.

Here is the key....

receiving corpse,

That was what we had last year. Our receiving corpses did not receive - much. And our QB didn't help either. Let's face it, no one, absolutely NO ONE is going to run well against continuosly stacked defenses - Ricky, LaDanian, or Sanders, Jim Brown, or even Csonka, without a dominating OL. That we did not have last year. If the team has an ADEQUATE OL this year, if Boston and Chambers can do anything near what their best years have been, and if Feeley is as good as RS thinks he is -which is a definite upgrade over Fiedler - then RW will not have to carry the team on his shoulder pads, specially if Minor gets some time to give the other team something to think about, and then the team will be better on Offence - and that rest's the Defense and that should lead to an improved season.

If we get some superior help on OL in either the draft or after June 1 - then that ratchets up all of the rest. It gives the QB time to find the best receiver, RW more holes to run through, and a third down defense some real opportunities to break things open.

1 LT is the best back in the league

2 he is a diff style back in that he has more speed, slashing, cut back type abilitie, Ricky is a north south runner.

3 SD receivers 123 were better, not by much but better in the fact that they had 3 to 4 receivers that could stretch the field with Boston, Calwell, Parker and Dwight, altho Caldwell was hurt alot. Hard to stack 8 and 9 in the box against those options and Lt who can cut back on a dime and is fast. plus as bad as brees is was, if they were wide open deep he dint miss as many as we did.people at least respected their ability to beet them over teh top, noone respect that ability w/ us.

4 Dallas had 3 good receivers a decent TE, again the deep ball was at least repected, ours wasnt.

5 Both SD and Dallas o-lines may not been great, but they were better than ours, I saw a few Sd games and never saw LT getting hit as sson as he got the ball like Ricky was.

6 I will say it one more time, Ricky style hurt him because of our offense last year, he is North south runner, we saw in 2002 that ha has moves once he gets going and i in the secondary, but he is not the quick of the get go in the backfield runner that LT is, so to say he is finished becuase he cant do what LT did is ridiculous. Watch what Lt does when he gets a qb and receivers to go along with him. People will be saying Holmes who? LT is a special back that not many can compare with.

As far as Hambrik goes, ask any defense Coord who gives them the most bnightmares between the 2, Ricky or Hamdik? Teams didnt stalk 8 and 9 in teh box every play against Hamdik, he didnt scare any defenses.

Back
Top Bottom