Am I Missing Something? (Brunell) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I Missing Something? (Brunell)

I knew it...

...2nd rounder my ***! Jax is playin us and everyone else.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7916740.htm

If Gibbs didn't like what he heard from Brunell last night at dinner and vice versa, I bet Was drops out of the running. I was wrong about one thing. Brunell's 04' cap hit is 10.5 mil! I still think he can be had for nothin and he'll be released but I could live with a 4th this year in a trade to secure his services. That's it though.

Originally posted by Cranx

Also, Culpepper, Brady, Pennington, and Bulger all had at least one year to learn behind Pro Bowl QB's (R. Cunningham, Bledsoe, Testaverde, and Warner respectively.)

Well, Bulger was a backup for Warner who was a backup to Green was a backup and had never done anything. Now Green, Warner and Bulger are all successful QBs and all were backups given the opportunity to show their stuff.

You wouldn't be on a team if you didn't have something to show you can play. Sage now has Trestman, a QB coach who can probably help a lot. Not that I want Jay to stay, but he had a crappy year without a QB coach. QB coaches do matter, as I remember Holgrem and a QB coach situation with Farve. When Farve didn't have a QB coach he threw ints left and right. So Holgrem made sure he had a QB coach.

I can't say Fielder who be the guy for us, but having a QB coach should really help our QBs, who ever we end up with.

Originally posted by Section126

Ask and you shall recieve......

Here are the QB's that reached The Super Bowl within their first 4 years of becoming a starter........

Dawson, Namath, Morrall, Morton, GRIESE, Staubach, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Ferragamo, Montana, WOODLEY, MARINO, Eason, McMahon, Elway, Esiason, Hostetler, Rypien, Aikman, Humpheries, Bledsoe, Favre, Warner, Dilfer, Collins, Brady, Warner (again), Brady (again), Delhomme.

29 out of the 76 Super Bowl Starting QB's were in their 4th year or less as a Starter. 17 of the 29 won.

TY...38%. So the odds are definitly against a QB to go to the superbowl within the 1st four years as a starter.

You could also make an argument that Brady and Warner went twice....so that number of different QBs is down to 27 (35%).

You might want to eliminate Dilfer as well. He was a 5 year starter (all with Tampa). So that number is now down to 26. collins was a starter for Carolina (3 years) and Saints (1 year). So he got his appearnace after the 4 years. Another one down: 25

I haven't really checked the retired guys.

no matter how you twist and turn the issue....the 4 year limit does not apply as a measuring stick.

favre went to the superbowl in 97..way past the 4 year marker (he started in 1992). Now down to 24.

Originally posted by A.J. Fin

Thank you Section126. Perfectly stated.
FFib, there you have it. That's all she wrote for the four year failed experiment known as Jay Fielder.
:lol:

Read my response to 126 first before you celebrate. My case has been supported by 126. Plus you should be kissing his "behind" because he did the footwork for you. Then again, facts were never your strength.

Originally posted by FFiB

Read my response to 126 first before you celebrate. My case has been supported by 126. Plus you should be kissing his "behind" because he did the footwork for you. Then again, facts were never your strength.

As always, you have to stoop to personal insults to try to "one-up" yourself.
Since your logic about the quaterbacks is so weak, I won't even address them.
Of course, I will once again report you for personal attacks. It's too bad no one can ever just have a normal conversation with you. I'm sure you have some decent facts to share. Unfortunately it is always hidden behind your insults.
What a shame.

FFib, you said guys that went to a super bowl WITHIN their first four years of STARTING........If i am in the league as a backup for 15 years and then I get a starting job.....I am in my first year of starting......As for Brady and Warner....They went twice INSIDE their first four years.....so they count.....As for Dilfer.......He had not registered more than 40 starts going into his super bowl...so he was inside his first 4 years of starting.............

It works both ways.....alot of guys like Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman etc....etc....went multiple times so it skews the number........

If you stretch it to 5 years the number grows significantly.............

I think from the numbers it shows that it is likely that if you have not made it to a Super Bowl within your first 5 years....you are likely to never make it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
There's a difference between Fiedler and Sage Rosenfels.

Rosenfels, we don't know if he can lead us to a Super Bowl.

Fiedler, we KNOW he can't.

Exactly, I say we give the guy a shot over the two incumbents or breaking the proverbial bank for Brunell...

FFib, you said guys that went to a super bowl WITHIN their first four years of STARTING........If i am in the league as a backup for 15 years and then I get a starting job.....I am in my first year of starting......As for Brady and Warner....They went twice INSIDE their first four years.....so they count.....As for Dilfer.......He had not registered more than 40 starts going into his super bowl...so he was inside his first 4 years of starting.............

It works both ways.....alot of guys like Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman etc....etc....went multiple times so it skews the number........

I think from the numbers it shows that it is likely that if you have not made it to a Super Bowl within your first 5 years....you are likely to never make it.

Dilfer saw extended action and racking up experience.The whole point of this argument is that rare to see some one come with out having much experience as starter and lead his team anywhere.Brady was just ask not to mak many mistake and led the GREAT defense to the rest.Brady first year as starter was far from anything special and shows you experience play a large role.Now Brady is a totale different QB than his first year.Now Warner had alot experience playing Arena football which helped him made quick desicion when he made the transition to the NFL.

It is very RARE to see any QB without much epxerience have a successful year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by A.J. Fin

As always, you have to stoop to personal insults to try to "one-up" yourself.
Since your logic about the quaterbacks is so weak, I won't even address them.
Of course, I will once again report you for personal attacks. It's too bad no one can ever just have a normal conversation with you. I'm sure you have some decent facts to share. Unfortunately it is always hidden behind your insults.
What a shame.

Report yourself......I asked a question and you responded with IT can count.

You might as well report yourself first.

Now having said that you may want to report your history with us. You have signed on in Dec.....you think you know me?

Here is an idea. First you report me and yourself (for starting insults) and then you ask the mod to check your IP and maybe they can tell you what user name you used to have and then come back and talk to me again.

wait...you are basing starts now on years? My understanding: a QB who starts the season is the starter.
If a QB starts 4 years 10 games per year and is injured the other 6 games per year is he now a 4 year starter or only a 2-1/2 year starter (based on games played)?

But as I said...even without arguing your stats...its still only 38%. The odds are still against a QB to go to the superbowl within 4 years of starting. Now if you want to talk 5 years ....go ahead...Jay's 5th year is coming up.

To ease the pain of arguing we can safely say: Over 50% of games per season started defines a starter...especially if that happens in consecutive years.

Originally posted by FFiB

Report yourself......I asked a question and you responded with IT can count.

You might as well report yourself first.

Now having said that you may want to report your history with us. You have signed on in Dec.....you think you know me?

Here is an idea. First you report me and yourself (for starting insults) and then you ask the mod to check your IP and maybe they can tell you what user name you used to have and then come back and talk to me again.

rrrrrrrrrrrriiiight...

Back
Top Bottom