Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain?

he could come in at 345 lbs to the combine with feet like a ballerina but i'm still not bumping him too much higher cause of the concerns i have...

right now i have his value at pick #74

if he comes to the senior bowl having gained even 1 lb he comes completely off my board...

no no no no.... i did not mean it that way. you werent calling me out, i was just messing around!! sorry on confusion. i respect!!!!

and i agree McClain could become more of a Crowder type because he wase never a consistant threat in the backfield. BUT... he sheds so quick, and fills well ,and creates great angles. What he does will definitely help next to Crowder who pretty much is a smart leader/ILB... Ayodele i am sick of getting sucked in, cant shed, sealed and all throughout games. he will make his tackles way to deep beyond the scrimmage too often.

to add... McClain was awarded and rewarded often in a great defense, and coached by a great defensive coach. can't argue that. he was often spoken very highly as well as a film person, always working, watching, and learning to gain that edge... cant coplain on that!!!

and lets add one more thing... lets not discuss our own work-outs, our own abilities, cause i was destroyed in Denver at times trying to obtain a position.... and no matter what you do, us on these computer screen will never have the work ethics, abilities or all out desire these guys that make the NFL have. (where i worry of the Terrance Cody.... he may join us on these computers)

LOL at your comment about Cody. But I was talkin about Hooshoops when i mentioned the calling out thing bro, not you.

lol... what is funny is a typed the terrance cody joke in there and sent it... afterwards i noticed the hooshoops comments right before it. basically perfect timing!!!

just as of now, we are so far away from the actual draft, i still McClain or trade down.... those are my thoughts. if we can get an extra two round and a later one, that would be sweet. so much we can obtain then!!!

OG- Iupati
WR- Gilyard
DT- Ordick, Carrington, Dan Williams (still looking into these guys)
CB- though we dont really are in need... Kyle Wilson and Perrish Cox have REALLY REALLY impressed me!!!

I agree with your thoughts on both Dez and Terrence..

I really like Cody coming down the stretch of the season and he was on my top 3 of players i wanted to draft, but exactly what you said, when someone doesnt have the motivation or discipline to be in good shape for the senior bowl, it definately makes you question his drive. I will give him a second chance to show up in a little better shape in a couple weeks at the combine, but still would never use a 1st on him.

dez bryant will be in shape at the combine and the individual workouts...if he's not he's just hurting himself...and that will raise a red flag for me...but i'm not concerned about him being not in shape at all...

this is where i have issue with terrence cody...you have the biggest job interview of your life and the one that can arguably set you up for life financially and you come to said job interview at 370 lbs and looking flabby and conditioning over the course of said interview rears it's ugly head despite your weight and conditioning being the one concern that everyone in your job market had coming in about you...

that's a red flag if i ever saw one...

I may have been misunderstood or just plain wasn't clear enough with what I said. I don't think he'll be out of shape. I would imagine he will be in the best shape of his life. my concern is having not played a game in so long. I also don't like his choice of agent. minor things maybe, but concerning nonetheless. If he falls to us after looking spectacular at pro day and the combine, I'd be happy. I'd love to land mcclain, but I couldnt' blame the FO if they took dez over bryant. although, I just have a hunch they won't.

Back
Top Bottom