Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain?

Yeah that's stilll how I feel. I saw some more vid on him, and he's more physical than I thought, but I still don't see that killer instinct in him. Like I said earlier, I do see it in Weatherspoon, Spikes, and Johnson though.

I have to wonder though, do you mean he looked identical to Crowder as in he lacks the killer instinct or was Crowder actually a smart player in college and somewhere along the line got dropped on his head and has no idea what he's doing now?

With that said, I still really have no complaints with McClain at 12, because I know he'll be a really good player wherever he goes. I just wouldn't be jumping off my couch, running around in excitement.

As in all of the above with Crowder. Crowder is "very" intelligent. Sparano went out of his way to say that Crowder at MLB is like having another 'coach' out there, he's that smart. Don't let Crowder's very funny sense of humor fool you, the guy knows his stuff. But yeah, I also agree with the if we select McClain at #12 I wouldn't be mad either, but not all that excited either...:lol: on that jumping off the couch and running around part. I've done that myself, that's why I find it so funny...:lol:

McClain is practically a coach on the field. These Crowder/McClain comparisons couldn't be more ridiculous.

Well, Sparano would :facepalm: at you then. Because I recall in a PC after a game Sparano mentioning that having Crowder at MLB is like having a coach out there 'he's that smart'. Coach's exact words. Sorry. Also, the slight difference with Weatherspoon and Vilma is that Weatherspoon is 10lbs heavier and can add a little more at that.

Im not saying that we are going to pick Weatherspoon, but I'd rather have him than McClain and Weatherspoon would upgrade us 'more' than McClain would. Because McClain would continue to struggle in pass coverage (which was one of our weaknesses this year) where Weatherspoon would improve us in that department.

as of now my thoughts on mcclain:

i think he is an extremely strong LB that is definitely a play maker against the run. he sheds quick, he takes great angles, he gets into the backfield. he has good speed, lateral movement might need work, but he fills well with instincts and is a sure tackler.

We need a ILB next to Crowder, one that is active and can create in backfield... i want to look more into McClain obviously, watch film and all.... but as of now, if he is there for us 1st round, he would step right in and help us out no doubt!!!

Just a heads up for some posting in this thread................ A 3-4 ILB Doesn't have to go sideline to sideline like he's a 4-3 ILB.

If your a 3-4 ILB you have to have the size to take on the Oline and be able to run with a RB or TE 10 to 15 yards down the field before they inter the zone of the SS or FS.

All this talk of running sideline to sideline in 3-4 just shows that you don't understand football and really don't know what your talking about.

If that's true, that ILBs can be slow in the 3-4, then a lot of people here will be surprised when we don't select an ILB at #12. MIA may be looking (other than a trade down for a NT) for either an OLB, FS, or Dez Bryant if he drops at #12. Because aside from noticing that our ILBs were slow, so were our OLBs. Maybe that's where our FO will go. Who knows. Especially if we find a way to sign Dansby.

honestly, I see a NT signing as more probable than signing dez bryant. something about dez and his agent I think just won't settle with our FO. we don't need holdouts. one could only hope that if dez did land here, he wouldn't hold out but you just never know.

I want to breakdown the navy game a bit more. as I remember them winnning all the while fumbling two or three times.
I didnt' see the game, but I just want to see a game where mizzou's rush D was clobbered and see what exactly happened.

I love spoons size though. just need to do more homework as I don't much attention to the lower level big twelve teams.

If that's true, that ILBs can be slow in the 3-4, then a lot of people here will be surprised when we don't select an ILB at #12. MIA may be looking (other than a trade down for a NT) for either an OLB, FS, or Dez Bryant if he drops at #12. Because aside from noticing that our ILBs were slow, so were our OLBs. Maybe that's where our FO will go. Who knows. Especially if we find a way to sign Dansby.

I think it's true to an extent. I believe that they can get by with being slower... not necesarily SLOW. doesnt' really matter to me though anyway, because mcclain, the guy in question isn't slow. he's comparable to every LB I can think of coming out this year.

as much as I'd like dansby our FO has a problem signing FA on a top tier. even with the uncapped year I just don't see it happening.

I still think mcclain is the pick. he's smart. has decent speed. great size. and in the nfl he can study film as long as he'd like. and experience in what a lot of people consider a tough defensive system at alabama.

no your not the only one, im with you on that. to be perfectly honest, i think that our need at FS is MUCH higher than at LB.....and that's just talking about defensive needs....WR is still the teams #1 need and has been for years now.

the dolphins must give Henne a TRUE #1 dominant WR to help his development and put the final piece of the offensive puzzle together. Henne is the guy, we have GREAT rb's, a GREAT O line, decent TE's and a good SUPPORTING cast of recievers...

If D Bryant is there at 12 that is who Miami should take, he is the real deal, and will be a big time superstar in the NFL, he has all the entangables, size, and speed....yeah some character issues but so did Percy Harvin and he got his **** together this season.

If Bryant isn't there, I would go with a FS....either Griffin from Texas or Taylor Mayes from USC but it sounds like he's falling....

I just think WR and FS are bigger needs than LB right now, we can get JT to stay another year and draft LB next season.

Im tired of our WR situation, if we dont draft Bryant, we sure as hell better trade for Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin, but as long as Parcells is here, it aint gonna happen.

Go WR or FS....forget that DUD from Alabama. lol

Sporano and the entire coaching staff will do their due diligence and now that we have Nolan who knows exactly what a player like Patrick Willis looks like coming out of college, getting our next ILB will be a GREAT player..whether thats McClain or someone else.

oh yes because we can trust our FO with drafting...

you think Pat White was a good pick in the second round? what a ****ing joke!

Well, Sparano would :facepalm: at you then. Because I recall in a PC after a game Sparano mentioning that having Crowder at MLB is like having a coach out there 'he's that smart'. Coach's exact words. Sorry. Also, the slight difference with Weatherspoon and Vilma is that Weatherspoon is 10lbs heavier and can add a little more at that.

Im not saying that we are going to pick Weatherspoon, but I'd rather have him than McClain and Weatherspoon would upgrade us 'more' than McClain would. Because McClain would continue to struggle in pass coverage (which was one of our weaknesses this year) where Weatherspoon would improve us in that department.
No, not really. McClain is heads and shoulders above Crowder in that aspect. McClain is actually pretty good in pass coverage. The thought that Witherspoon is elite in pass coverage is ridiculous. Is he better than McClain, yes. But not by as much as people in this thread make it out to be. If I was running a 4-3, I would welcome Witherspoon with open arms. But we don't. And McClain is superior to Witherspoon as a 3-4 prospect when looking at the skillset and physical tools of the two.

McClain is not slow. For some reason people are failing to realize this. Maybe they haven't watched a bit of tape, or even seen McClain play at all, I don't know. You do not need to to have 4.4 speed to be an elite 3-4 ILB... Just like you don't need to be 6'4" to be an elite WR.

no your not the only one, im with you on that. to be perfectly honest, i think that our need at FS is MUCH higher than at LB.....and that's just talking about defensive needs....WR is still the teams #1 need and has been for years now.

the dolphins must give Henne a TRUE #1 dominant WR to help his development and put the final piece of the offensive puzzle together. Henne is the guy, we have GREAT rb's, a GREAT O line, decent TE's and a good SUPPORTING cast of recievers...

If D Bryant is there at 12 that is who Miami should take, he is the real deal, and will be a big time superstar in the NFL, he has all the entangables, size, and speed....yeah some character issues but so did Percy Harvin and he got his **** together this season.

If Bryant isn't there, I would go with a FS....either Griffin from Texas or Taylor Mayes from USC but it sounds like he's falling....

I just think WR and FS are bigger needs than LB right now, we can get JT to stay another year and draft LB next season.

Im tired of our WR situation, if we dont draft Bryant, we sure as hell better trade for Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin, but as long as Parcells is here, it aint gonna happen.

Go WR or FS....forget that DUD from Alabama. lol
I don't think anybody can argue that defense was the reason for more losses than our offense was. After all, we did break a franchise record for consecutive games scoring 30+ points. No, WR isn't a bigger need than LB. Not a bigger need than ILB. Not a bigger need than OLB. FS? Maybe. But considering we can get better at FS with addition by subtraction, meaning stop playing two SS's, I would say no, it isn't a bigger need. We need multiple upgrades at LB. Of course I also like Chris Clemons a lot and think he is our future at FS. Not to mention this is a fairly deep Safety class, where we can find one outside of the 1st round. Not to mention this is a very weak WR class.

oh yes because we can trust our FO with drafting...

you think Pat White was a good pick in the second round? what a ****ing joke!
Yea because 1 draft pick cancels out 2 full very good drafts. Nice logic. Not to mention you nor me know if Pat White will be a bust considering he's been in the league a whopping 1 season.

.......YES! the kid is a beast hes smart 2 this kid could run the defense for the next 12-15 years

No, not really. McClain is heads and shoulders above Crowder in that aspect. McClain is actually pretty good in pass coverage. The thought that Witherspoon is elite in pass coverage is ridiculous. Is he better than McClain, yes. But not by as much as people in this thread make it out to be. If I was running a 4-3, I would welcome Witherspoon with open arms. But we don't. And McClain is superior to Witherspoon as a 3-4 prospect when looking at the skillset and physical tools of the two.

agreed

Back
Top Bottom