Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Am I the only one the doesn't really want McClain?

i saw some pretty rough change of direction in the open field from chris clemons...like guy would put his foot in the ground and make a cut and clemons had major issues being able to do the same thing...like almost falling down and never getting within 3 yards of said ballcarrier despite the ballcarrier running downhill at him...

i don't know about clemons personally

it's just that the stats dont' back up your arguments. he has tfls is each of so and jr years. yet you say he rarely meets and the LOS and waits for plays to develope.

sacks are the same way. he shown he can break up passes, even pick the ball off.

it's debatable whether anybody is a top ten pick, thats because each person has a different opinion. but that debate would be about your only argument I would tend to agree with.

I think your a fool to question whether anybody on this forum has played ball. I would be willing to bet that over 95% of the posters on here have. That's just something somebody says when they have hurt feelings and get too defensive.

Sorry bro, you most definately didn't hurt my feelings. And I dont think i've shown any signs of being defensive. I just continue to try and argue my point that I like McClain, just not more than Dez Bryant or E. Thomas. If those two are there, I think we should take them first. And if we lose Ronnie, I think Spiller should be our pick. If all of those players are gone, then I like McClain as our pick. But i'd like to take one of the first 3 guys and then take the best LB available with our 2nd pick. I'm still confused as to why you and hooshoops act like i'm calling McClain a mid rounder. I've just pointed out things that IMO are weaknesses. And its not as if i'm the only person who feels this way. The only thing I've said he is BAD at is blitzing.. The other things he does well, just some of the things not good enough to be top 10.. but again, that's my opinion and i dont feel like i'm completely off base like you are making it seem.. If i didnt kno any better I'd think you and McClain were seein each other the way you defend him and get all excited when someone says he's not great at something.. I dont kno, maybe you're not doin each other.. In that case, are you his dad or somethin?

in this McClain thread there is massive talk on Dez Bryant...

OK DEZ.... if he ever fell miraculously to us, would you want to take such a hyped WR so early. think of all the busts. he has a lot of same types of character, and same types of skill sets then many of the busts in the NFL... look how quick many 1st rounders either had a short career, never fully made it, or jsut completely dissapeared at the WR spot.

i am not knocking Dez at this time... i am just asking, are you willing to take this pick for a prayer of obtaining that top WR?????

I see your point, but you can say that about every single position in the draft. There are a number of players at each position that dont live up to their draft slot. Every pick is a gamble, there is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. I would agree that LB's have a much higher success rate, but lets say that Bryant and McClain both live up to their hype and potential.. McClain would be a good pick, but I'd take Bryant.

I see your point, but you can say that about every single position in the draft. There are a number of players at each position that dont live up to their draft slot. Every pick is a gamble, there is no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. I would agree that LB's have a much higher success rate, but lets say that Bryant and McClain both live up to their hype and potential.. McClain would be a good pick, but I'd take Bryant.

the difference beign, most potential draft pics, didn't basically take a vacation all of last year.

You're ignorant. As if he chose to sit out. And I can garuntee he has been workin his butt off trying to stay in the best shape possible. If deion is his mentor, deion won't let him throw away his potential. And do u really think its going to hurt his production? Crabtree's situation was worse, he picked things up just fine.

Sorry bro, you most definately didn't hurt my feelings. And I dont think i've shown any signs of being defensive. I just continue to try and argue my point that I like McClain, just not more than Dez Bryant or E. Thomas. If those two are there, I think we should take them first. And if we lose Ronnie, I think Spiller should be our pick. If all of those players are gone, then I like McClain as our pick. But i'd like to take one of the first 3 guys and then take the best LB available with our 2nd pick. I'm still confused as to why you and hooshoops act like i'm calling McClain a mid rounder. I've just pointed out things that IMO are weaknesses. And its not as if i'm the only person who feels this way. The only thing I've said he is BAD at is blitzing.. The other things he does well, just some of the things not good enough to be top 10.. but again, that's my opinion and i dont feel like i'm completely off base like you are making it seem.. If i didnt kno any better I'd think you and McClain were seein each other the way you defend him and get all excited when someone says he's not great at something.. I dont kno, maybe you're not doin each other.. In that case, are you his dad or somethin?

so now you're calling me out...look i don't really care what value you have on mcclain...you made some statements about mcclain as a poor blitzer and playmaker that i countered and thought that there would be some decent discussion but you honestly didn't want to take it any further...so i dropped it...

i do find it kind of odd that even though you think mcclain will be a pretty good but not great player you have him 4th on your list behind bryant spiller and earl thomas of guys you'd rather have at pick #12...

maybe it's me but if i thought any of the guys i have as choices for pick #12 were not franchise players as prospects they wouldn't even be on my list period...not with a pick that high...

i'm looking for pro bowlers and playmakers with that top pick not "pretty good" anything...

You're ignorant. As if he chose to sit out. And I can garuntee he has been workin his butt off trying to stay in the best shape possible. If deion is his mentor, deion won't let him throw away his potential. And do u really think its going to hurt his production? Crabtree's situation was worse, he picked things up just fine.

I'm not ignorant at all. He hasn't played in a game In a LONG time. I work out everyday, I'm in great shape. I'm profusely doubting that I could go out for 60 minutes with no rust in a game.

how was crabtrees situation worse. Were it not for the holdout everything would have been fine.

I think it could adversely affect his production, which I hope you won't interpret to mean it would be irretrievably damaged.

if anything this extra time that bryant has gotten to train for the combine etc is gonna benefit him...not hinder him...

more time to work with a speed coach to get a good takeoff down and proper head and arm usage for the 40...

more time to work drills specifically used at the combine and for strength and conditioning...

if bryant gets to camp on time just like all the other 1st rounders who sign within the first week of camp rust won't be an issue...at all

2413 and DCR no need to attack eachother... you both state good points!!!

and i agree, you can say bust to many positions. but Dez scares me still, especially when WR's tend to be found a dime a dozen, found in later rounds.... maybe even found in the kid i been looking into before he blown up more antionally in the Senior Bowl (Mardy Gilyard)... there are others too to check out as well.

i would rather take a playmaking ILB to fit next to Crowder, cause we have been desperately missing that key position for way too long. if anything as well trade down a bit... a G- Iupati is very very interesting fo a pick... plus we need a NT for our 3-4 with our questionable and aging line-up as of now.

ILB is my number one this draft though... and plus Dez wise to go back to that, i doubt he will fall so low. a smaller Golden Tate would intrigue me more than him too!!!

I wasn't calling you out. I was making mention that you and 2413 (shoot, now i just called him out, sorry bro) act as though I hate and completely dislike McClain as a prospect. But yea, I think McClain will be pretty good, he could end up being great. All I did was point out things that I saw that kept me from believing he is a top 10 pick. To me, a pretty good player is someone who has a nice long career, made it to a pro bowl or two(a player like a bart scott or lance briggs, just not an Urlacher or a Ray Lewis).. So yea, i would take a player like that at 12. I just think the other 3 guys i mentioned have potential to be GREAT. or at the very least GAMECHANGERS. That is why I have McClain in the conversation. He COULD end up being Crowder, or he could end up being very good, possibly great. Does that make sense?

2413, I'm pretty sure Dez Bryant is doing a different workout than you are bud. He's doing workouts that keep him in football shape as best as possible.
The reason Crabtree's situation is worse is because of this..
Crabtree got hurt before the combine. Couldnt work out until pro day. didnt do any of the offseason program, missed first 5 games. His break from football was just as long as Bryant's will be.
Bryant missed the final 9 or 10 games, but he had this entire time to get in shape, barring any injuries, he'll have the whole off season to get back into football shape. Every player is rusty after the off season. It wont take Bryant any longer than the average player to get back in shape. Players miss entire seasons due to injury, cant participate in the off season workouts, and still come back and contribute the following season (ronnie brown, greg cam, tom brady, edgerin james, willis McGahee coming out of college, drew brees, just to name a few we're all familiar with). With that said, I'm sure Dez Bryant will be just fine, and if nothing else, you'd assume he's pissed about missing the season and ready to go.

I really like golden tate as well.

As i've said, I wouldnt be upset if we took McClain at all. I just like the other playmakers that "could" be there a little more than him because of potential. I also hope that weatherspoon lasts til the 2nd. As others have made mention of, I think he would complement crowder very well.

dez bryant will be in shape at the combine and the individual workouts...if he's not he's just hurting himself...and that will raise a red flag for me...but i'm not concerned about him being not in shape at all...

this is where i have issue with terrence cody...you have the biggest job interview of your life and the one that can arguably set you up for life financially and you come to said job interview at 370 lbs and looking flabby and conditioning over the course of said interview rears it's ugly head despite your weight and conditioning being the one concern that everyone in your job market had coming in about you...

that's a red flag if i ever saw one...

no no no no.... i did not mean it that way. you werent calling me out, i was just messing around!! sorry on confusion. i respect!!!!

and i agree McClain could become more of a Crowder type because he wase never a consistant threat in the backfield. BUT... he sheds so quick, and fills well ,and creates great angles. What he does will definitely help next to Crowder who pretty much is a smart leader/ILB... Ayodele i am sick of getting sucked in, cant shed, sealed and all throughout games. he will make his tackles way to deep beyond the scrimmage too often.

to add... McClain was awarded and rewarded often in a great defense, and coached by a great defensive coach. can't argue that. he was often spoken very highly as well as a film person, always working, watching, and learning to gain that edge... cant coplain on that!!!

and lets add one more thing... lets not discuss our own work-outs, our own abilities, cause i was destroyed in Denver at times trying to obtain a position.... and no matter what you do, us on these computer screen will never have the work ethics, abilities or all out desire these guys that make the NFL have. (where i worry of the Terrance Cody.... he may join us on these computers)

I wasn't calling you out. I was making mention that you and 2413 (shoot, now i just called him out, sorry bro) act as though I hate and completely dislike McClain as a prospect. But yea, I think McClain will be pretty good, he could end up being great. All I did was point out things that I saw that kept me from believing he is a top 10 pick. To me, a pretty good player is someone who has a nice long career, made it to a pro bowl or two(a player like a bart scott or lance briggs, just not an Urlacher or a Ray Lewis).. So yea, i would take a player like that at 12. I just think the other 3 guys i mentioned have potential to be GREAT. or at the very least GAMECHANGERS. That is why I have McClain in the conversation. He COULD end up being Crowder, or he could end up being very good, possibly great. Does that make sense?

2413, I'm pretty sure Dez Bryant is doing a different workout than you are bud. He's doing workouts that keep him in football shape as best as possible.
The reason Crabtree's situation is worse is because of this..
Crabtree got hurt before the combine. Couldnt work out until pro day. didnt do any of the offseason program, missed first 5 games. His break from football was just as long as Bryant's will be.
Bryant missed the final 9 or 10 games, but he had this entire time to get in shape, barring any injuries, he'll have the whole off season to get back into football shape. Every player is rusty after the off season. It wont take Bryant any longer than the average player to get back in shape. Players miss entire seasons due to injury, cant participate in the off season workouts, and still come back and contribute the following season (ronnie brown, greg cam, tom brady, edgerin james, willis McGahee coming out of college, drew brees, just to name a few we're all familiar with). With that said, I'm sure Dez Bryant will be just fine, and if nothing else, you'd assume he's pissed about missing the season and ready to go.

I agree with your thoughts on both Dez and Terrence..

I really like Cody coming down the stretch of the season and he was on my top 3 of players i wanted to draft, but exactly what you said, when someone doesnt have the motivation or discipline to be in good shape for the senior bowl, it definately makes you question his drive. I will give him a second chance to show up in a little better shape in a couple weeks at the combine, but still would never use a 1st on him.

Back
Top Bottom