Amateur Video of Peyton Manning Throwing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amateur Video of Peyton Manning Throwing

I have a hard time buying the notion that vertebrae need to get used to the feeling of a helmet and shoulder pads. And either way, why the #18 jersey if not to unambiguously identify himself?

Why not? back when i played ball i wore practice jerseys with my number on... I'm not an egomaniac... its just a jersey with a number, he's just trying to get back to his old self

best way to do that is NOT wear a helmet...

Manning has always been known to be a perfectionist in how he practices... I always had my QB's wear everything as much as possible, because it simulates the game time mechanics and vision... i.e. if you don't wear pads outside of the game, you get a false sense of security throwing the ball - with pads on, there's a slight change/difference. Additionally, seeing through the face cage with the helmet rattling around your head and not forgetting the weight, it's just a way to simulate things as much as possible.

I understand that, but Peyton is rehabbing, not practicing, per se.

I think perhaps people are misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make here. This video, to me, is a false attempt at a "hidden" or "amateur" video. I think it was a planned release by Peyton to show that he's able to throw where some have said he can't. Him wearing the #18 jersey is only "weird," in other words, if he didn't plan to be on video.

As one poster said, I might be reading too much into this. That's certainly possible. But why accept the official story in cases like this, especially where there's so much on the line? Question everything.

Expect Irsay's BS tweet in 3, 2, 1 .......

To my eyes i didnt see the velocity on the ball. If anything it looked like Chad Pennington throwing.

I think perhaps people are misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make here. This video, to me, is a false attempt at a "hidden" or "amateur" video. I think it was a planned release by Peyton to show that he's able to throw where some have said he can't. Him wearing the #18 jersey is only "weird," in other words, if he didn't plan to be on video.

As one poster said, I might be reading too much into this. That's certainly possible. But why accept the official story in cases like this, especially where there's so much on the line? Question everything.

Agreed. There is so much on the line not to mention the Colts deadline approaching for Irsay to pay or cut. Need to see a little more video than 15 sec clip. Not saying there is a conspiracy. The release of this tape stuff is par for the course. Peyton and his agent know exactly what they are doing.....IF, indeed it is Peyton. Nothing out of the norm here.

Why would he be out there in a helmet and a #18 jersey as part of a rehab workout? Weird, unless a) he's an anal retentive psycho, or b) he's progressed far enough in his rehab and it's close enough to the "deadline" he wants some videos out there and he wants there to be "proof" it's him, or c) some combination of the two.

Maybe it's not even him

Why would he be out there in a helmet and a #18 jersey as part of a rehab workout? Weird, unless a) he's an anal retentive psycho, or b) he's progressed far enough in his rehab and it's close enough to the "deadline" he wants some videos out there and he wants there to be "proof" it's him, or c) some combination of the two.

Looks like a Duke jersey.

There are two things I do not doubt in this Manning thing.

1) Manning who has a high character and has achieved so much
2) Modern day medicine. Particularly when a man has so much money to get the best.

Hmm. After watching the ESPN version of the video, that first pass didn't have as much on it as I thought. Still, I suspect the Pennington comparisons will be short-lived.

Back
Top Bottom