Amateur Video of Peyton Manning Throwing | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amateur Video of Peyton Manning Throwing

I couldn't tell either way how well the velocity was on his throws, this looked like it was recorded on a samsung flip phone.

Nah, you could tell he wasn't gunning it.

The point I think was to show that he could throw anywhere. Not like what people were saying that he couldn't throw to his left side or something.

Now, as far as velocity goes, why the hell would he be gunning it, in practice, in March?!?!?!

He's taking it one step at a time and making sure his rehab goes well.

I couldn't tell either way how well the velocity was on his throws, this looked like it was recorded on a samsung flip phone.

You can tell. It's not the greatest video quality but if you recognize the routes he's throwing and you're good at telling land marks, you can tell. He threw the 12 yard out to his left at about 80% of what he would be expected to produce on game day.

Nah, you could tell he wasn't gunning it.

The point I think was to show that he could throw anywhere. Not like what people were saying that he couldn't throw to his left side or something.

Now, as far as velocity goes, why the hell would he be gunning it, in practice, in March?!?!?!

He's taking it one step at a time and making sure his rehab goes well.

That "can't throw to his left" report is so mischaracterized. As if he just literally can't throw the ball to his left, like he's Zoolander or something. To me the point of that statement was, he can't throw with pro velocity to his left. Those throws, as you say, were not pro velocity. So he didn't prove anything in that video, not that it was meant to prove anything. You're right, it's March, it's a practice field at Duke University, he's not engaging in a tryout for teams...why juice it?

It's an open question that nobody knows the answer to, whether or not he CAN juice it, or he just can't.

I know this, whichever team signs him is going to ask him to go out on that field and throw that 12 yard out to his left, the 12 yard out to his right, and the 20 yard dig, and they're going to radar gun the ball. He still has plenty of time, but they're going to want to see better than practice velocity before they sign him. He's been capable of practice velocity, according to reports, since December.

Did you notice that they included a pass to the left. Probably his agent shot the secret under cover video. lol
Someone may have already beaten me to it,but word is coming out,that the videographer was indeed.........none other that Bill Belichick himself!!!

So he didn't prove anything in that video, not that it was meant to prove anything.

Well, I agree that the velocity issue is still a wait and see issue.

However, that this video serves no purpose, not so much.

It serves to prove that his rehab is going well. Many of the reports out there are making it seem as if he is indeed Zoolander and that he's barely even worth a look.

From what I saw in that video, he gets a contract from someone, if the Colts should even decide to let him go.

This is a process just like rehabbing any injury and just like you wouldn't ask a running back to make full speed cuts in March after sustaining a torn ACL, you wouldn't ask Manning to blow out his arm in March after his latest born spur 'tune up'.

Some RBs are the same after said injury, some aren't.

Manning is under the same microscope. I don't see any team asking him to gun it much if at all now. They'll see what he can do, at whatever velocity he can do it at safely. Have the docs look at him and decide to either take a flyer on him or not.

Well, I agree that the velocity issue is still a wait and see issue.

However, that this video serves no purpose, not so much.

It serves to prove that his rehab is going well. Many of the reports out there are making it seem as if he is indeed Zoolander and that he's barely even worth a look.

From what I saw in that video, he gets a contract from someone, if the Colts should even decide to let him go.

This is a process just like rehabbing any injury and just like you wouldn't ask a running back to make full speed cuts in March after sustaining a torn ACL, you wouldn't ask Manning to blow out his arm in March after his latest born spur 'tune up'.

Some RBs are the same after said injury, some aren't.

Manning is under the same microscope. I don't see any team asking him to gun it much if at all now. They'll see what he can do, at whatever velocity he can do it at safely. Have the docs looks at him and decide to either take a flyer on him or not.

I disagree with you. This video proves nothing. It shows nothing. He's throwing the football at practice velocity. That doesn't show you anything. He was throwing the football with practice velocity in December. We're three months later and this video shows more practice velocity. It doesn't mean he can't do more. But it's a simple fact of the matter that he wasn't doing more in THIS video, which I agree with the others looks orchestrated by the Manning camp.

As for your characterization of his surgeries and his rehab as being like an ACL, it's not. His first surgery on the bulging disc was in May. He had another surgery at the beginning of September. The secret surgery to remove bone spurs happened in between those two surgeries. He was throwing again by December and he's still throwing three months later. It's been 6 months since his last surgery. If it were 6 months after an ACL surgery, the player would be running routes full speed and cutting by now. The player wouldn't necessarily be cutting with the same confidence as before the surgery, the confidence is the last thing to come back, but he'd be going full by now.

Peyton Manning in THAT video was still throwing at practice speed. Whether he can do better or not I don't know. But he was throwing at practice speed back in December.

I disagree with you. This video proves nothing. It shows nothing. He's throwing the football at practice velocity. That doesn't show you anything. He was throwing the football with practice velocity in December. We're three months later and this video shows more practice velocity. It doesn't mean he can't do more. But it's a simple fact of the matter that he wasn't doing more in THIS video, which I agree with the others looks orchestrated by the Manning camp.

As for your characterization of his surgeries and his rehab as being like an ACL, it's not. His first surgery on the bulging disc was in May. He had another surgery at the beginning of September. The secret surgery to remove bone spurs happened in between those two surgeries. He was throwing again by December and he's still throwing three months later. It's been 6 months since his last surgery. If it were 6 months after an ACL surgery, the player would be running routes full speed and cutting by now. The player wouldn't necessarily be cutting with the same confidence as before the surgery, the confidence is the last thing to come back, but he'd be going full by now.

Peyton Manning in THAT video was still throwing at practice speed. Whether he can do better or not I don't know. But he was throwing at practice speed back in December.
its really hard to gauge anything from this video and be spot on. we dont know if those passes were his first few warm ups or if they were his best passes of the day.
we dont know if the speed of the video is accurate or altered. to suggest that he is far from his true self just by watching a small video is not being realistic. about the only thing we can take from this clip is his career is not over, as has been claimed by some.

I just want to ask peyton a couple of things.

How is your nerve regeneration going? Do you still feel numbness? How much compared to two months ago? Does the arm fatique after a practice with all the throwing?

stuff like that. Of course he would put a positive spin on it, but 90% communication is body language.

wow he does look good but how do we know it was done march 2nd of 2012 and not 2010

Looked pretty good to me.....even if he is only 90% of what he was before, he would be way better than anything we have had since Marino retired.

In other new's, experts have confirmed that is what Peyton Manning wearing this suit in this famous Bigfoot hoax.

[video=youtube;FWGYTHK3E30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGYTHK3E30[/video]

The video isn't very clear and doesn't really show much, the only throw that looked like he had a weak arm was the second one where he throw the out route. That ball had a lot of air under it for a Peyton Manning type throw. The video only confirms that he's working out at Duke...it does nothing, IMO, to dispel his arm strength one way or another.

Good to see that he can throw though. Some have made it sound like the guy could barely keep his arm attached to his shoulder.

Yeah, isn't it funny that all this time, he's been able to keep his workouts not only video protected, but nobody at them has said a word about them either. Now all of the sudden, somebody snuck out footage of him throwing (great too) days before his roster bonus is due???? I guess the real question may be for who's benefit was this "leaked" ? Obviously Manning, but was that for the Colts fans (P.R. for the fans) and/or new prospective teams??? Just interesting on all the timing of this.

Well... for what it's worth, he is at the UNC vs Duke game and one of the reporters said that he has been there for 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom