Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn .. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn ..

Trent Edwards/John Beck will have better careers than Russell and Quinn. Edwards/Beck are better decision makers than the other two. They are able to make quick reads and find the open man.

This is just a bit extreme.

Don't want to pick Ryan because he isn't worth the #1? Fine.
Don't want to pick Ryan because we should get Beck some help in the draft? Great.
Does Beck have a nice arm and the skills to be a good QB for us? Yeah, sure.
Should Beck be blamed for all the issues we saw on offense last year? No, of course not.
Should a 2nd round draft pick get more than 4 games to be judged? Definitely.

But I seriously doubt that you could find an NFL GM/scout who would pick Beck over Ryan or Quinn. That really seems like a Fins homer fantasy, IMO.

Obviously you're a Ryan fan and that's fine, but there are many here that want Beck to be the starter. What you don't seem to understand is Beck is already a Dolphin, already has a year of NFL experience and won't cost us a DP to move forward from this point. On the other hand, Ryan will cost the Dolphins no less the the #1 overall pick, because we won't have a trade partner to move down. Since we could use that #1 overall pick elsewhere it makes little sense to waste such a high pick on a player that according to his college career has less ability then a player we already have on our roster in Beck, who BTW was a 2nd round pick just a year ago.

I think Ryan "could succeed" in the NFL, but there is no way in hell he is close to a guarantee. Now of course no player is a guarantee, but there are others in this draft that are a lot closer to a sure thing then Ryan. When you're at #1 overall and you're about to spend 35 mil in guaranteed money, you better take as much risk as you can out of that pick.

Is there a chance Miami passes on Ryan and he has a Stellar career? Sure there is, but I'll bet the odds aren't good, why? because in order for Ryan to be a HOF QB (which you would expect to get from the #1 overall pick) the situation he steps into has to be almost perfect. Not as far as talent around the player, but the system they will play and the coaches that will help their career. You don't need that with say a DT or OT. QB is such a tough position to expect success from that if you even have a modicum of success you're considered a failure.

Miami needs an Oline, and a another WR. we have a starting RB coming off a big time knee injury and we aren't sure what he will be this coming season. We have no starting TE, Miami has needs. I think Miami can only go two ways if they stay at #1 and that's Jake or Chris Long. They provide instant talent upgrades and fill needs. They're both high character guy's with loads of heart. There is no higher risk/reward then NFL QB. Miami won't be the team to take that risk IMO.

Btw I am a dolphin fan first, I just dont see Beck as anything other than a good backup at the pro level. I would prefer us to trade down and gain more picks. I think Chris Long would be the greatest waste at this pick. Jake Long should be the pick. I think Ryan will be a very good Qb and have no problem if we take him. As for his college career suggesting he is a lesser player than Beck, all the BYU/Texas Tech Qb's put up great numbers, take a look at Beck's replacement. I guess we should take Colt Brennan number one by your logic because his college career exclipses both players we are talking about. I dont think Beck is the stud prospect that many on this board make him out to be, I see him as an older Alex Smith. I see Ryan as a better overall leader than Beck and think he will be able to take the pounding that may be required with our team. I think its pretty obvious we are not sold on Beck since we have looked at almost every QB prospect.

Obviously you're a Ryan fan and that's fine, but there are many here that want Beck to be the starter. What you don't seem to understand is Beck is already a Dolphin, already has a year of NFL experience and won't cost us a DP to move forward from this point. On the other hand, Ryan will cost the Dolphins no less the the #1 overall pick, because we won't have a trade partner to move down. Since we could use that #1 overall pick elsewhere it makes little sense to waste such a high pick on a player that according to his college career has less ability then a player we already have on our roster in Beck, who BTW was a 2nd round pick just a year ago.

I think Ryan "could succeed" in the NFL, but there is no way in hell he is close to a guarantee. Now of course no player is a guarantee, but there are others in this draft that are a lot closer to a sure thing then Ryan. When you're at #1 overall and you're about to spend 35 mil in guaranteed money, you better take as much risk as you can out of that pick.

Is there a chance Miami passes on Ryan and he has a Stellar career? Sure there is, but I'll bet the odds aren't good, why? because in order for Ryan to be a HOF QB (which you would expect to get from the #1 overall pick) the situation he steps into has to be almost perfect. Not as far as talent around the player, but the system they will play and the coaches that will help their career. You don't need that with say a DT or OT. QB is such a tough position to expect success from that if you even have a modicum of success you're considered a failure.

Miami needs an Oline, and a another WR. we have a starting RB coming off a big time knee injury and we aren't sure what he will be this coming season. We have no starting TE, Miami has needs. I think Miami can only go two ways if they stay at #1 and that's Jake or Chris Long. They provide instant talent upgrades and fill needs. They're both high character guy's with loads of heart. There is no higher risk/reward then NFL QB. Miami won't be the team to take that risk IMO.

Nice post! I'm not sold on John Beck, but you do make valid points here without trashing every other QB that isn't on the Dolphins roster.

Btw I am a dolphin fan first, I just dont see Beck as anything other than a good backup at the pro level. I would prefer us to trade down and gain more picks. I think Chris Long would be the greatest waste at this pick. Jake Long should be the pick. I think Ryan will be a very good Qb and have no problem if we take him. As for his college career suggesting he is a lesser player than Beck, all the BYU/Texas Tech Qb's put up great numbers, take a look at Beck's replacement. I guess we should take Colt Brennan number one by your logic because his college career exclipses both players we are talking about. I dont think Beck is the stud prospect that many on this board make him out to be, I see him as an older Alex Smith. I see Ryan as a better overall leader than Beck and think he will be able to take the pounding that may be required with our team. I think its pretty obvious we are not sold on Beck since we have looked at almost every QB prospect.

I think that's a silly untrue statement, tell me the last BYU/ TT QB that put up Beck numbers.I also believe we've looked at every QB in the draft because it's what good GM's and coaches do. Nobody can predict the future so we'll just have to wait and see who the Dolphins select.

As for your comment about Chris Long, I really don't know what you're looking at, but the guy is supremely talented. I'm sure he will be a top notch NFL player. I also think the Dolphins have him very high on their board.

BTW, I didn't question your love for the Dolphins.

I think that's a silly untrue statement, tell me the last BYU/ TT QB that put up Beck numbers.I also believe we've looked at every QB in the draft because it's what good GM's and coaches do. Nobody can predict the future so we'll just have to wait and see who the Dolphins select.

As for your comment about Chris Long, I really don't know what you're looking at, but the guy is supremely talented. I'm sure he will be a top notch NFL player. I also think the Dolphins have him very high on their board.

BTW, I didn't question your love for the Dolphins.

Cody Hodges almost put up completely identical numbers to John Beck the previous season.

Brandon Domain, Kliff Klingsbery, Cody Hodges,Ty Detmer hell look at thier sophmore QB from last year Max Hall seemed to pick up right where Beck left off.

As for Long I just think offensive line is a much bigger need than a player like Long, in fact CB is a much bigger need. Chris Long is a luxury pick. Even RYan fill more of a need because we dont have a good Qb as of yet.

I wonder if anyone read his next article on how Flacco is so much better than Ryan because he threw the ball 100 yards between his knees while taking a dump lol

Back
Top Bottom