Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn .. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn ..

The highest ranked I’ve seen John Beck in this draft is as the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft and that would place him at around a 5th round selection, which is where I think he will go.

Good read, and as promising as the article makes his future look, this is still painful.

That reads like it was written by either a close Beck family member or his agent. Who cares if Beck is better than Quinn at this point. We need to know whether we think he is better than Matt Ryan.

Personally, he looked very uncomfortable and easily rattled last season. Hopefully he can fix that, but cool under fire he was not.

And I agree that the scout thought he would most likely be a 5th, we spent a high 2nd, and now we are wondering if he is the franchise QB or not. Maybe Long (either one) isn't a sure-fire pick at #1.

From what I have read, Beck essentially received little to no grooming last year. Cam essentially had him just running the oppositions look for games. He has already received tons more training/work with Lee in the last month than all of last year with Cams group combined. Maybe under the circumstances, Beck was actually incredible? Point is, he was not set up to succeed (preparation wise) last year, period...Coupled with the fact that with the talent around him was poor and there was horrible team/staff chemistry. I think he can be very good and that is what I expect...we'll see pretty soon.

From what I have read, Beck essentially received little to no grooming last year. Cam essentially had him just running the oppositions look for games. He has already received tons more training/work with Lee in the last month than all of last year with Cams group combined. Maybe under the circumstances, Beck was actually incredible? Point is, he was not set up to succeed (preparation wise) last year, period...Coupled with the fact that with the talent around him was poor and there was horrible team/staff chemistry. I think he can be very good and that is what I expect...we'll see pretty soon.

It's been my observation that people who have decided that Beck won't be good usually base it on Beck looking "scared". They don't seem to realize that this is incredibly common when QBs are put in before they are ready. And it's not really scared as much as overwhelmed. They have to think about everything instead of reacting so everybody else is faster than they are. Many QBs who went on to HOF careers had that look when they were first put in. The guy that comes to mind is Aikman. He often looked panicked during his first season and became a very good QB. IMO the he "looked scared" analysis is an incredibly poor basis for analyzing an inexperienced QB.

Beck is a much more accurate passer than Quinn .. Beck is just plain smarter and a quicker decison maker .. Quinn gets rattled when he gets hit .. Beck doesn't .. Beck plays much better in tough situations .. Beck is cool under fire .. Whereas Quinn gets hot which makes him rattled and plays worse..

cool under fire? how many times did you say you watched those films?

It's been my observation that people who have decided that Beck won't be good usually base it on Beck looking "scared". They don't seem to realize that this is incredibly common when QBs are put in before they are ready. And it's not really scared as much as overwhelmed. They have to think about everything instead of reacting so everybody else is faster than they are. Many QBs who went on to HOF careers had that look when they were first put in. The guy that comes to mind is Aikman. He often looked panicked during his first season and became a very good QB. IMO the he "looked scared" analysis is an incredibly poor basis for analyzing an inexperienced QB.

Agreed, him and Elway although better talents then Beck come to mind when seeing a deer in headlights QB in his first season. Time will tell. He did do some good things (rarely) and some downright horrible. If he just comes in more composed from the start this season that will be a step in the right direction.

Developing a QB takes time, I laugh when I see people think he is supposed to be a stud the minute he steps on the field. There was only one QB I can think of that did that Marino. ;)

People can all talk about his age since hes only 25 but if you think thats old he can play more than 10 seasons if hes that good but overall being a year or two older than quinn gives him that poise beck has over quinn. He will probabbly be back up next season but i have some strange feeling that hes gonna start a few games in the season im exicted.

he looked no more poised than the younger qb's, this is a myth.

People seem to want it both ways.Cam Cameron is a Qb guru who selected Beck on one side then CAm screwed Beck . So maybe Cam is an idiot who made an idiotic choice, not saying he is but we cant have it both ways. How many have bragged about the qb's he has developed.

I think he made great points in this article. he has a stronger arm than matt ryan, better velocity on his arm than matt ryan, just as good if not better feet work than matt ryan, and the guy had a better college career than matt ryan. give me a break about matt ryan, the guy is garbage compared to john beck...

I think he made great points in this article. he has a stronger arm than matt ryan, better velocity on his arm than matt ryan, just as good if not better feet work than matt ryan, and the guy had a better college career than matt ryan. give me a break about matt ryan, the guy is garbage compared to john beck...

its amazing how Beck makes Ryan look like Garbage but almost every scout has Ryan with a much better grade. Ryan Leaf probably had more velocity than Manning, stronger arm than Manning but we all know how that turned out. As fro Beck having a better college career. All Qb's in the Texas Tech/BYU offense seem to have very good college careers. Look how a sophmore stepped right in after Beck and will probably do better when he is done.

Plus Cameron loves Beck's quick release. Beck has the quickest release of any QB in the draft, and a quicker release than most NFL QB's playing now.. His release is almost as fast as Marino's was . Plus Beck has simply the best footwork of any QB in the draft .. He has better footwork than quite a few NFL starters .. And when you have great footwork, you have the proper balance to make the throws.. That's why Culpepper sucks, his footwork is awful and it hurts his balance into throwing those dumb interceptions. Beck is just technically sound, in mind and body ...

5 posts in a row ...Now that has to be some record here at finheaven.As for Beck he looked like crap last year and obviously it wasn't all his fault but he better improve.

With the addition of the new and improved offensive line
and hopefully someone who can play left tackle and left guard this will translate to better play by Beck.

I could care less about comparing him to Quinn or anyone for that matter.I'm not even sure he will start for us but if he does lets hope he plays better than that terrible excuse of a QB that he was last year.:boohoo:

Does it matter :shakeno:if he can throw for 47+ yards from his knees.I don't think so! His arm strength is decent, nothing more so lets not put him on that pedestal till he deserves to be there.

I hope he can be our QB of the "now and future" but I have my doubts and hopefully he can put them to rest!!

Why in the hell does brady quinn get so much publicity and attention, like those stupid commercials where he drinks that energy drink or whatever, "This is what I drink before gametime" dude you havent even started a game yet, and you got your own commercial?

its amazing how Beck makes Ryan look like Garbage but almost every scout has Ryan with a much better grade. Ryan Leaf probably had more velocity than Manning, stronger arm than Manning but we all know how that turned out. As fro Beck having a better college career. All Qb's in the Texas Tech/BYU offense seem to have very good college careers. Look how a sophmore stepped right in after Beck and will probably do better when he is done.

Obviously you're a Ryan fan and that's fine, but there are many here that want Beck to be the starter. What you don't seem to understand is Beck is already a Dolphin, already has a year of NFL experience and won't cost us a DP to move forward from this point. On the other hand, Ryan will cost the Dolphins no less the the #1 overall pick, because we won't have a trade partner to move down. Since we could use that #1 overall pick elsewhere it makes little sense to waste such a high pick on a player that according to his college career has less ability then a player we already have on our roster in Beck, who BTW was a 2nd round pick just a year ago.

I think Ryan "could succeed" in the NFL, but there is no way in hell he is close to a guarantee. Now of course no player is a guarantee, but there are others in this draft that are a lot closer to a sure thing then Ryan. When you're at #1 overall and you're about to spend 35 mil in guaranteed money, you better take as much risk as you can out of that pick.

Is there a chance Miami passes on Ryan and he has a Stellar career? Sure there is, but I'll bet the odds aren't good, why? because in order for Ryan to be a HOF QB (which you would expect to get from the #1 overall pick) the situation he steps into has to be almost perfect. Not as far as talent around the player, but the system they will play and the coaches that will help their career. You don't need that with say a DT or OT. QB is such a tough position to expect success from that if you even have a modicum of success you're considered a failure.

Miami needs an Oline, and a another WR. we have a starting RB coming off a big time knee injury and we aren't sure what he will be this coming season. We have no starting TE, Miami has needs. I think Miami can only go two ways if they stay at #1 and that's Jake or Chris Long. They provide instant talent upgrades and fill needs. They're both high character guy's with loads of heart. There is no higher risk/reward then NFL QB. Miami won't be the team to take that risk IMO.

The only amazing thing about this thread is that it has more views then mine threads.

Back
Top Bottom