Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn .. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn ..

I don't think Gonzalez is the better reciever and don't have any worries about Ginn's size. He won't be getting tackled or hit that much and will be going down the field a lot. Chambers and Hagan will be our guys over the middle while Ginn will supposed to be going down the field.
I hope not, He is small though...he looks like a damn gazelle running down the field.

Every year people are impressed with QBs throwing from their knees. It was the reason Boller was so amazing, ?

You are missing the point.. It is the other aspects to Beck that make him a very good QB .. The strong arm is just icing on the cake..

I'm hoping Beck is the answer for us

Ginn is the same size as a certain Marvin Harrison (I think he worked out ok for Indy)

As of right now Gonzoles was the more polished OSU reciever, but you can't take away Ginns big play ability, and that he was recruited by OSU as a CB, not WR. So his last two seasons were his only ones at WR, and he made tremendous improvements in that time. We got a faster version of Reggie Bush guys....

Can't wait to see some vids from this weekend Minicamp hope the post some videos on sun sentinel or miami site!

I don't think Gonzalez is the better reciever and don't have any worries about Ginn's size. He won't be getting tackled or hit that much and will be going down the field a lot. Chambers and Hagan will be our guys over the middle while Ginn will supposed to be going down the field.

I was listening to Joe Rose yesterday and he said that Quinn wasn't as slight of build as he was made out to be. He said he was standing with him Sunday while interviewing him and that he was not a small guy, that he was not Lamar Thomas skinny...

I was listening to Joe Rose yesterday and he said that Quinn wasn't as slight of build as he was made out to be. He said he was standing with him Sunday while interviewing him and that he was not a small guy, that he was not Lamar Thomas skinny...

I take it you meant Ginn...?

Every year people are impressed with QBs throwing from their knees. It was the reason Boller was so amazing, how'd that work out? And the article is basically already calling Beck a legend in the NFL, did his dad write it?
The point I take from this is that one of the biggest knocks on Beck was his lack of arm strength (the other being his age). Most if not all scouting reports that I've seen have raved about his accuracy and decision making, but slam his arm strength. So, if he's able to throw the ball through the uprights from the 47-yard line, then it doesn't sound like arm strength should be an issue.

Every year people are impressed with QBs throwing from their knees. It was the reason Boller was so amazing, how'd that work out? And the article is basically already calling Beck a legend in the NFL, did his dad write it?

Like that's the only reason to be impressed by Beck:rolleyes2

Who cares that his accuracy, quick release and intelligence may be equally as impressive.

Why did you do that over the course of like eight posts instead of just one?

I like what you're saying, my only problem is that you really didn't talk about what Quinn does well. I mean he is a good QB. I hope Beck works out for us and I like what you're saying, but Quinn is still pretty solid. I'll be honest I was kinda hoping for Stanton, liked the cannon. But Beck's intangibles seem to be really solid. I also liked what he said in his press conference about if you can numb it, you can play. That's a tough QB.[/quote]

That was a great line. And after reading that scouting report, I'm feeling much better about this kid.

The issue with his arm strength is not so much that he can't throw it hard or far; he can. But some say that he can't throw it hard or far with good accuracy. He seems to be extremely accurate when throwing the ball inside 10 to 20 yards and particularly when he isn't having to put a lot on it. But the knock has been that when he has to put zip on it, he can but he loses some of that great accuracy that people love about him. I have also heard his fans argue that is not the case and that he was asked not to throw the ball so hard while at BYU, not because he wasn't accurate but because his recievers couldn't catch them.
Cam made a coment about how he can work with an accurate QB to help him become more accurate (Beck) but he has never had success working with an inaccurate QB (Quinn). This may mean that Cam noticed the accuracy problems on the hard thrown balls but believes he can help him improve in that area. If so that would be a little concerning but not that much really. The fact is we got a guy in the 2nd round that has very little negatives and it seems people are hard pressed to find his weaknesses. Quinn on the other hand has pleanty of them and they are well documented.

John Beck is going to be an ace! Period.

Good article ... it gave me alot of info about Beck that I didn't know.

Only thing is ... does it seem to anyone else like his mom wrote it? :chuckle:

I give it 4 stars.

Back
Top Bottom