Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn .. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing Article on why Beck is BETTER than Quinn ..

the main reason Beck will be better is that he is far more accurate of a passer, they both know how to read defenses well but the accuracy puts Beck on top

People can all talk about his age since hes only 25 but if you think thats old he can play more than 10 seasons if hes that good but overall being a year or two older than quinn gives him that poise beck has over quinn. He will probabbly be back up next season but i have some strange feeling that hes gonna start a few games in the season im exicted.

Oh please, since when does AGE automatically equal MATURITY/POISE? That is just a lame excuse that people use to cover up the fact that he's old for a rookie. How old was Alex Smith when he was the QB of Utah? Let me guess, he was immature since he was just like 20, correct? And 19 year old Amobi Okoye? Lemme guess...he cracks under pressure like humpty dumpty.

I know the whole "Roger Staubach did it" argument but for every Staubach there's a Chris Weinke too. It's not an issue now I know but long term it COULD be, if we plan on him being our long-term QB (Which I hope happens, no doubt)

Let's not forget, Beck played better than Quinn against common opponents such as USC and Air Force .. Both BYU and Notre Dame played those teams .. I watched the tapes, and Beck executed with much better precision (and mechanical and methodical) rate than Quinn against those common opponents ..

......... There are loose ends to Quinn's game that you just don't feel with Beck when studying both of them .. You just feel safe with Beck guiding your team when watching .. It's kinda like in hockey when you have an ace goalie, you aren't worried when the other team brings the puck into your zone because your confident in your great goalie to stop the puck.. With a shaky goalie, you get more worried... I got the same feeling watching Beck and Quinn.. With Beck being the sure handed goalie and Quinn the shaky one ..
That's really the best analogy I can think of ..
I'm sure Cameron felt the same way when studying them ..

yeah, but you must've got the 2004 BYU-USC tape that cut out Beck's 3 picks. In hockey terms, that's called a "hat-trick". Brady had 0 INTs, that's called a "shut-out."

here are the head-to-head matchups from 2004 and 2005, as well as this year's Air Force stats:
2004 Stats:
Beck: 7-10 for 96 (long of 50), 0 TD and 0 INT
Quinn: 26-47 for 265 (long of 54), 1 TD and 0 INT
2005 Stats:
Beck's stats: 26-45 for 317yds, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs (1 for a Pick-6)
Quinn's stats: 32-41 for 467yds, 6 TDs, 0 INTs

Totals:
Beck: 33-55 (60%) for 413, 2 TD, 2 INT (1 TD return)
Quinn: 58-88 (65%) for 732, 6 TD, 0 INT

Against Air Force in 2006:
Beck: 23-31 for 258 (74% 11.2per), 3 TDs, 0 INT
Quinn: 14-19 for 207 (74% 14.8per), 4 TDs, 0 INT

fairly even against AF, except Quinn was a little more efficient. H2H, not even close...

this year, against USC, BQ had a solid game, despite the rest of his team (i.e. the entire defense) sucking...
his line: 22-45 for 274 and 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Just remember what age steve young started at.. And remember Roger Staubach started at age 27 since he was in the military.. All he did was lead the cowboys to multiple super bowl titles ..

Steve Young started playing professional football and was a starter in the USFL at 23 and in the NFL at 24. This is nothing like Beck.

Yeah , bit Beck can read defenses better, and he thinks faster than Quinn.. Those little extra miliseconds in the brain can be the difference between a very good QB to a below average one..

Beck thinks faster than Quinn lol, wow thats out there.If you like Beck fine but Quinn was a better prospect. Leaf was a great prospect too so that does not mean that Beck wont turn out better. I personally think Quinn will be a much better pro.

wow did he really say chris weinkie he was 31 when he got drafted or something.. and his football age is younger.. whille he was on his mission im sure he wasnt get rushed by lb's. im not the biggest beck fan... to me he seems like the good old safe backup.. wont lose the game but wont win it.. and for the next few years we are gonna need a qb who can win us a few...

on a side note... can someone explain to me why so many people are sold on jason allen.. please explain..

anyone we take in the draft will cost big $$$ and perform on the field this looks like a good draft for the top guys to me

Beck is a much more accurate passer than Quinn .. Beck is just plain smarter and a quicker decison maker .. Quinn gets rattled when he gets hit .. Beck doesn't .. Beck plays much better in tough situations .. Beck is cool under fire .. Whereas Quinn gets hot which makes him rattled and plays worse..

Beck sure didn't look very cool under fire last year and definitely looked rattled. This is ridiculous. You can't crucify Quinn for struggling under pressure and then absolve Beck for the same thing.

I find it interesting he discusses Beck's low release point as a weakness and how it will probably need to change in the NFL. I read this week that is one of the things we have Beck working on this off-season. Certainly raises this persons credibility a bit.

Beck sure didn't look very cool under fire last year and definitely looked rattled. This is ridiculous. You can't crucify Quinn for struggling under pressure and then absolve Beck for the same thing.

This was posted before the season if I'm not mistaken.

Wow. According do this guy Brady Quinn can't do anything right. Good thing you guys got Beck.

It's great to get excited about Beck, but he still has a lot of work to do before being considered a starting QB in this league. I was not impressed in the least while watching him play in 2007, and most of the time he was down right terrible....

We'll see what Beck has come mini-camp when he's matched up against McCown. I'll be watching close that's for sure. By the way, this isn't college anymore....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom