Amendola to sign with Dolphins | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola to sign with Dolphins

Major disappointment how? He had two touchdowns in the conference championship game and 152 yards in the Super Bowl. He isn’t even their focal point of their offense yet he still accrued those statistics.

Any surehanded guy in that offense could put up the same numbers. Why do we care what numbers players put up in a New England system that can always manufacture open receivers and a QB who can find them on almost every play? That's not the way things work with non-HOF QB's.

Not understanding what they are doing
I actually like amendola
How many wide receivers are we going to use?

Any surehanded guy in that offense could put up the same numbers. Why do we care what numbers players put up in a New England system that can always manufacture open receivers and a QB who can find them on almost every play? That's not the way things work with non-HOF QB's.

Most receivers are too stupid to play in that offense.

We just signed an immensely injury prone guy whose success is based on the system and QB. The same system that features guys like Chris Hogan, who somehow wasn't good enough to crack the vaunted Dolphins receiving corps consisting of Legedu, Bess, and Hartline a few years ago. Yawn.

Odd. Some here gave Miami **** for letting Hogan go because of his success with NE.

You're probably right, but the same is true where nearly every other offense doesn't allow you to be immensely productive just by being smart.

All I'm saying is that we have had issues where our coach is frustrated that our players aren't picking up the playbook after a year-plus in the offense. I think prioritizing smart players could be a good way to go if we really believe that Adam Gase is a guy who can run a high-flying world-class offense.

Odd. Some here gave Miami **** for letting Hogan go because of his success with NE.

For the record, I like Hogan. I think Miami could have and should have made him work. The thing is, you're talking about a guy who could have stuck around on the roster as a UDFA, being paid minimum salary. I like Hogan but wouldn't want us to sign him to good money either, though I'd rather him than Amendola. Why I point it out is just how inept this team really is - we sign a similar guy for decent money (when we're supposedly strapped and full of holes) to what we wouldn't keep for nothing years ago. It's sad that an HBO production crew can spot potential while a Dolphins organization with no proven receivers outside of a Davone Bess they didn't even like could not.

Um - for half of what Landry would cost. 2 WRs and a 4th rounder for half of Landry. This was a good deal.

Landry = 16 million
8 million + 6 million = 14 million

I’m not saying this can’t work out but those numbers (if what we are told is accurate) are a tad more than half.

Landry = 16 million
8 million + 6 million = 14 million

I’m not saying this can’t work out but those numbers (if what we are told is accurate) are a tad more than half.
If Wilson's numbers are $12 million guaranteed then it's only $4 million a year not 8.

I don't like it. Just signed Wilson in slot. Amendola without Brady is just a decent aging player.

Umm, actually he was the a top receiver with the Rams before the Pats. If you said he is a risk because of his inconsistent past health history, that would be a possibility, but the man does have skills when he is on the field.

Money feels about right for Amendola, though he comes with injury concerns. Wilson and Amendola seem like 2 wide receivers that will mesh well with Tannehill.
Stills/Parker/Amendola/Wilson/Carroo/Grant. There has to be another move coming with this group, I wouldn't feel very comfortable if I was Parker.

Carroo is making pennies in NFL wages, he will be in camp. This team isn't overspending on wr's in free agency because of Carroo. If they part ways w/ Carroo before camp it's just another black mark on the inept personnel decisions.
He'll be in camp, but will he make the team? We have 5 current locks and he's not one of them. He also offers nothing on special teams.

Back
Top Bottom