And it begins! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And it begins!

Let's not put all our eggs in 1 basket. I say draft Tua and let Rosen start next year as well, then let them battle it out in Tua's sophomore year.

View attachment 25858
This makes a lot of sense. One year of seasoning is needed by most of these kids. There are very few Dan Marinos who come into the NFL as a polished product. If Rosen looks like this for the rest of the year, this is exactly what I would do.

Either way this is a wonderful scenario. Rosen played fairly well in his first start with us and we’re still in primo draft position.

Flores knows he’s not going to have many more “free years” forward. Coaches tend to live and die with their quarterback. Tua seems too hard to pass up but we’ll see how Rosen performs.

Hard to see a scenario where Rosen and Tua coexist on the team. Especially if Josh improves as the season goes on. We clearly will pull the trigger on a trade if the price is high enough.

We aren’t landing the first pick of the draft with Rosen starting. We’ll win a few.

Yeah he definitely stopped the Cardinals from getting the 1st overall pick and drafting his replacement. We have no run game, we can't stop the run, we can't stop the pass, our offense through 3 games is the worse than when we went 1-15 but other than that I'm sure Rosen can overcome those minor issues.

Yeah he definitely stopped the Cardinals from getting the 1st overall pick and drafting his replacement. We have no run game, we can't stop the run, we can't stop the pass, our offense through 3 games is the worse than when we went 1-15 but other than that I'm sure Rosen can overcome those minor issues.

Cardinals fired coaches during his rookie year, or dod you forget about that?

Cardinals fired coaches during his rookie year, or dod you forget about that?

Do you honestly believe if they didn't fire their coordinator's they would have won more than 3 games last year?

On the chance that we don't fire our OC we would still have issues with our lack of run game, lack of run defense, pass defense, terrible OL and mediocre WRs. Rosen would have to play near perfect for us to win a few with him at QB and he has yet to prove he can have even a good game start to finish let alone a near perfect game.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Seriously, the "either with me, or against me" mentality of this forum is getting out of hand.

There's dozens of possibilities between those two extremes.
agreed but draft 2 QB's next year for all I care. if you are going to **** your pants then get a 6 pack of underwear

Let's not put all our eggs in 1 basket. I say draft Tua and let Rosen start next year as well, then let them battle it out in Tua's sophomore year.

View attachment 25858

Exactly, this has been my stance all along. Draft a QB in the first round, let Rosen play next year and groom the rookie QB. Let them battle the following year, if the rookie QB is ready to take over, either keep/trade Rosen.

Rosen may get us 3 wins... and we still might have the 1st pick, but if we have #2 or #3, Chase Young would look awfully nice in aqua.

The problem comes if 2 of the wins come against the Jets. The worst thing possible would be for the Jets to get the first pick and then trade for a kings ransom. I don’t want to see the Jets getting any help. I want them to be around 8-8 every year.

The problem comes if 2 of the wins come against the Jets. The worst thing possible would be for the Jets to get the first pick and then trade for a kings ransom. I don’t want to see the Jets getting any help. I want them to be around 8-8 every year.
Darnold is expected back week 5. The jets will be fine.

Draft Tua, let them compete, may the best man win as other have already said above. It makes the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom