And it begins! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And it begins!

Draft Tua, let them compete, may the best man win as other have already said above. It makes the most sense.
I agree, draft another QB, but let me ask you this. Will the Tua fans let it go, when/if Rosen beats him out fair and square?

I agree, draft another QB, but let me ask you this. Will the Tua fans let it go, when/if Rosen beats him out fair and square?

If he's leading us to division championships, playoff wins and most importantly super bowl wins I don't think anyone would care who the QB is.

After the bye week might be the only window Rosen has to look crisp and it's against the crappy Redskins. Should be his best chance for a win before he gets inevitably injured.

I see no need to dispatch with Rosen prematurely. If anything he should start next year if we wind up with Tua or Love.

If Rosen comes our ballin and we are winning, ya I don’t see why not.

I just want the best QB for the team. I don't want a #1 drafted QB given unfair treatment if he isn't the best on the team. Let them compete every year for the starting position until one separates himself during the season.

It's a simple scenario really, if we have the #1 pick we have to take Tua (if he declares of course). In that scenario Rosen didn't play well enough to win us enough games. The questions arise really if we end up somewhere not #1, do we trade up for Tua ? We have the capital to do that, getting more than 3 wins or so with the talent on this team would be a remarkable achievement for Josh really and with all the holes to fill trading up could kill are rebuild if the price is too much.

We aren’t landing the first pick of the draft with Rosen starting. We’ll win a few.
Yeah, especially since he's leading an offense averaging a very good 6 points per game. Hard to lose with that kind of production. We might even sneak in a wild card spot if things break right!

Yeah, especially since he's leading an offense averaging a very good 6 points per game. Hard to lose with that kind of production. We might even sneak in a wild card spot if things break right!

You clearly know nothing about football. You think Tua would be doing better with this level of talent?

You clearly know nothing about football. You think Tua would be doing better with this level of talent?
Let me ask you this simple question. Is it the surrounding player's jobs to prop up the QB so he plays well or vice versa?

Excellent question. I suspect the answer is no. If Rosen were to start ahead of Tua, it would be a “waste” of time and total “mismanagement” of the QB position by the coaches in the eyes of nearly every Tua/tank proponent on this site. If Tua starts ahead of Rosen, I expect far less outcry, but still, some fans will undoubtedly be angry.

Tua fans are just beyond devoted to the kid. What’s worse, the tank job by the team has been seen by Tua fans as total validation that he will be the savior of the franchise. I get the talent, but he is so overhyped with this fanbase that it will be almost impossible to meet expectations. It is a near cult like following, and if the Fins don’t draft him or start him for some reason, I expect many tank fans will abandon this team altogether.

It's a simple scenario really, if we have the #1 pick we have to take Tua (if he declares of course). In that scenario Rosen didn't play well enough to win us enough games. The questions arise really if we end up somewhere not #1, do we trade up for Tua ? We have the capital to do that, getting more than 3 wins or so with the talent on this team would be a remarkable achievement for Josh really and with all the holes to fill trading up could kill are rebuild if the price is too much.
No way would I trade up in the next draft for the number 1 overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom