And it begins! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And it begins!

agreed but draft 2 QB's next year for all I care. if you are going to **** your pants then get a 6 pack of underwear
This might be my favorite post of the year.

For reals.

images

It's a simple scenario really, if we have the #1 pick we have to take Tua (if he declares of course). In that scenario Rosen didn't play well enough to win us enough games. The questions arise really if we end up somewhere not #1, do we trade up for Tua ? We have the capital to do that, getting more than 3 wins or so with the talent on this team would be a remarkable achievement for Josh really and with all the holes to fill trading up could kill are rebuild if the price is too much.
We need to draft as many players as possible. Since high draft picks for QB's are often a bust, lets limit our 1st round picks to BPA. One of these is likely to be a QB. That way we don't squander any potential picks. Keep in mind that every pick is only a potential NFL player. Most don't make it thru 4 years.

Rosen is showing himself to be a competent QB in the NFL. Might not sound sexy but those are not a dime a dozen. I do not get the blow-back from wanting to keep him on this roster, whether it be as franchise QB (lots left to prove for this to be the case) or quality back-up (he's already practically there, IMO).

He is already broken-in mentally, IMO, and would not cause issues should he lose the starting QB battle to a sophmore NFL QB (Tua, in this case). This is all pure speculation but why wouldn't you want a guy like Rosen on your team, regardless of what capacity that's in?

Draft Tua, let them compete, may the best man win as other have already said above. It makes the most sense.
If you draft a QB with your top pick and have a young QB like Rosen on the roster there will be no competition. The only time you let your top pick sit a year is if you have an incumbent starter on the roster you look to replace but want the new kid to pick up a few things or you have an aging vet on the roster. If you draft a QB with the #1 pick you better be sure about it because if you send him into a QB competition and loses out you just declared that you wasted a #1 pick before the season even started.

If we pick a QB with the a top 5 pick that would be the end of Rosen here no matter what. That is exactly why Rosen and Kingsburry agreed to split in Arizona. Kingsburry offered Rosen a "competition" but Rosen told him no because it would not be a fair competition. Even if Rosen would have been better he would never gotten the starting gig because that would mean the Cards had erred on their pick for Murray.

There are only two ways about it. Either Rosen shows enough that the coaching staff says "OK. Let's build around him and give him a year with some talent" or they decide that Rosen would not be it and they draft a QB and either trade or cut Rosen.

If you draft a QB with your top pick and have a young QB like Rosen on the roster there will be no competition. The only time you let your top pick sit a year is if you have an incumbent starter on the roster you look to replace but want the new kid to pick up a few things or you have an aging vet on the roster. If you draft a QB with the #1 pick you better be sure about it because if you send him into a QB competition and loses out you just declared that you wasted a #1 pick before the season even started.

If we pick a QB with the a top 5 pick that would be the end of Rosen here no matter what. That is exactly why Rosen and Kingsburry agreed to split in Arizona. Kingsburry offered Rosen a "competition" but Rosen told him no because it would not be a fair competition. Even if Rosen would have been better he would never gotten the starting gig because that would mean the Cards had erred on their pick for Murray.

There are only two ways about it. Either Rosen shows enough that the coaching staff says "OK. Let's build around him and give him a year with some talent" or they decide that Rosen would not be it and they draft a QB and either trade or cut Rosen.
Link?

Rosen is showing himself to be a competent QB in the NFL. Might not sound sexy but those are not a dime a dozen. I do not get the blow-back from wanting to keep him on this roster, whether it be as franchise QB (lots left to prove for this to be the case) or quality back-up (he's already practically there, IMO).

He is already broken-in mentally, IMO, and would not cause issues should he lose the starting QB battle to a sophmore NFL QB (Tua, in this case). This is all pure speculation but why wouldn't you want a guy like Rosen on your team, regardless of what capacity that's in?
I'm just speaking for myself, but I haven't seen anybody say that Rosen shouldn't be on the team, just that we shouldn't expect anything great out of him and he shouldn't stop us from drafting a QB in next year's draft no matter what.

My ideal situation is to have Rosen be a backup going forward.

I'm just speaking for myself, but I haven't seen anybody say that Rosen shouldn't be on the team, just that we shouldn't expect anything great out of him and he shouldn't stop us from drafting a QB in next year's draft no matter what.

My ideal situation is to have Rosen be a backup going forward.

Going forward is what time frame? Starting next year? Two years from now?

Why wouldnt you want Rosen developing into starting QB material going foward? It'd be the quickest way for this franchise to turn itself around.

Going forward is what time frame? Starting next year? Two years from now?

Why wouldnt you want Rosen developing into starting QB material going foward? It'd be the quickest way for this franchise to turn itself around.
That's why he's getting a full two years of starting to prove himself as a starting NFL QB. Throw him into an open QB competition with Tua next season if that happens for all I care.

Rosen could easily be the best backup in the NFL.

I'm coming around to the idea of having both on the team. This way we get our QB of the future and everyone knows a good backup doesn't last long before some team needs a QB and is willing to pay.

Let me ask you this simple question. Is it the surrounding player's jobs to prop up the QB so he plays well or vice versa?
it's everybody's job to prop everyone up, It's called a team for a reason. Just ask Marino, he needed the team's help.
Peyton Manning only won one for a reason also.

it's everybody's job to prop everyone up, It's called a team for a reason. Just ask Marino, he needed the team's help.
Peyton Manning only won one for a reason also.
Their problems were defense that had nothing to do with them. They were at their mercy. Did either of those QBs ever have a bad offense? Ever?

Back
Top Bottom