And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

DBoston80 said:
I can name 3 or 4 off the top of my head:

Rutgers, West Virginia, Wisconsin(although they cant)....Arkansas Auburn..I dont think Notre dame could beat any of these teams.

Oh yea and texas

You named 3 teams who arent eligible, nice. Texas went 9-3 and beat 1 good team so there schedule doesnt push them over ND. Also 10 wins is better than 9...RU or WVU maybe, but lets not pretend that they played schedules any tougher than NDs. There are multiple teams in the BCS who would lose to Arkansas/Auburn/WVU/RU and maybe Texas, go cry about them getting into the BCS.

There is no team who obviously deserved a BCS spot more than ND that it is a big disgrace that ND got in. There are a couple who were close, ND a Big East team, but it isnt like any of those teams mentioned clearly deserve it more.

I appreciate someone who said ND doesnt deserve it to finally name some teams though.

DonShula84 said:
You named 3 teams who arent eligible, nice. Texas went 9-3 and beat 1 good team so there schedule doesnt push them over ND. Also 10 wins is better than 9...RU or WVU maybe, but lets not pretend that they played schedules any tougher than NDs. There are multiple teams in the BCS who would lose to Arkansas/Auburn/WVU/RU and maybe Texas, go cry about them getting into the BCS.

There is no team who obviously deserved a BCS spot more than ND that it is a big disgrace that ND got in. There are a couple who were close, ND a Big East team, but it isnt like any of those teams mentioned clearly deserve it more.

ND has played 2 good teams and lost both times by 20 or more points..case closed everyone knows why ND is in and its got nothing to do with deserve.

ND's like the fat rich guy with the pretty girl, we all know how and why he got her..but we also know how its gonna end.

LSU 38 ND 20

DBoston80 said:
ND has played 2 good teams and lost both times by 20 or more points..case closed everyone knows why ND is in and its got nothing to do with deserve.

ND's like the fat rich guy with the pretty girl, we all know how and why he got her..but we also know how its gonna end.

LSU 38 ND 20

ND lost to 2 GOOD teams and won 10 games. Which is a lot more than most other teams in the country can say.

DonShula84 said:
ND lost to 2 GOOD teams and won 10 games. Which is a lot more than most other teams in the country can say.

Wonder why that is?? hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think that it should be and will be one of the biggest landsides in Heisman History in fav of Troy Smith.

Of course I haven't watched the Heisman Trophy Presentation in years and will never watch it again.

DonShula84 said:

OH YEA?!?!?!?

OU lost to 2 BAD teams

:lol: :tongue:

Marino2Clayton said:
I think that it should be and will be one of the biggest landsides in Heisman History in fav of Troy Smith.

Of course I haven't watched the Heisman Trophy Presentation in years and will never watch it again.

I watch it every year to hear ole Billy Sims to scream BOOMER SOONER

haha plus Jason will be there so ill tune in :D

Marino2Clayton said:

Well it tells you something when there are only 3 finalists. How Brennan isn't even a finalist(I know he wouldn't win it), or Slaton or Hart for that matter is beyond me. I thought they always had 5 finalists.

AirFishOne said:
in 04 didnt White, Leinart, Peterson, Bush, and Alex Smith all go to NYC?

I thought so. There have been 5 at all the presentations I remember.

Stitches said:
I thought so. There have been 5 at all the presentations I remember.

except last year

USC love children and Vince Young

When Jason White won it Larry Fitzgerald, Eli Manning, and someone else were present

I guess it depends on the amount of clear frontrunners

AirFishOne said:
except last year

USC love children and Vince Young

When Jason White won it Larry Fitzgerald, Eli Manning, and someone else were present

I guess it depends on the amount of clear frontrunners
hmmm. I guess you are right. Why I thought there was more last year, I don't know. I'm just used to 5 going I guess.

And Fitz got robbed.

Brady Quinn was invited last year but he declined for a reason I forget. He could've gone. I would imagine some of those guys may have declined the invite to prepare for their Bowl games? (they may have been told that they haven't won).

HysterikiLL said:
Brady Quinn was invited last year but he declined for a reason I forget. He could've gone. I would imagine some of those guys may have declined the invite to prepare for their Bowl games? (they may have been told that they haven't won).

Winner was set like half way through the season. I bet a bunch of people had already mailed in thier ballots.

Back
Top Bottom