And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

Any Hawaii QB you have to look at his numbers and go what would he do in a regular offense. IMO he might be in the discussion next year when he is breaking all these records but no way he wins. Smith is the best QB in the nation, there is no doubt on that. What I am suprised with is that all the draft predictions going on right now, some dont have him in the first round.

Timmy54 said:
Any Hawaii QB you have to look at his numbers and go what would he do in a regular offense. IMO he might be in the discussion next year when he is breaking all these records but no way he wins. Smith is the best QB in the nation, there is no doubt on that. What I am suprised with is that all the draft predictions going on right now, some dont have him in the first round.

I think its been proven time and time again that even great college QBs don't always translate to the NFL well.

Very true, but it seems that every year that the best QB is always taken early, except for whats his name from Nebraska that was going to become a saftey.

TroySmith10 said:
Based on what?

Sorry... Hawaii QB's have been throwing the ball all over the place for years.... Brennen throws the ball twice as much as Smith. That doesn't mean he's a better QB.

He's exactly what a system QB is...... His backup did just as well as he did, Timmy Chang did the same thing for years before them both........ he's the definition of a system QB.

Brennan does throw the ball close to twice as much. He also has twice the prduction, and better completion percentage. The defenses know if Hawaii is going to win, it is because of him. Troy Smith can have an off game, and his team can win, the same can't be said about Brennan. Just because he goes to a school where the offense has always been good, it doesn't mean he's a system QB. By that measure, Ohio State has always been nationally ranked and won games, so Troy Smith must be a system QB.

I think Smith wins by a landslide, and deserves every bit of it.

Regarding voters making up their minds early: I think they very well may have made up their mind, but I think it was more of a "It's Troy Smith's to lose..." type of thing.
If Smith had fallen flat against UM, then it would have been up in the air.

what you are missing stitches is that this isnt the MVP award, it is the best college player! Thats why Mcfadden really should get more respect than he does but Smith is going to win it. Also, Smith faces better competition than Hawaii, he has to do more to get his!

finswin56 said:
I think Smith wins by a landslide, and deserves every bit of it.

Regarding voters making up their minds early: I think they very well may have made up their mind, but I think it was more of a "It's Troy Smith's to lose..." type of thing.
If Smith had fallen flat against UM, then it would have been up in the air.

Easily a landslide.

Motion said:
I think its been proven time and time again that even great college QBs don't always translate to the NFL well.
Yeah, I've heard 2nd and 3rd round type of thing. Don't be shocked at all to see him move into the 1st round during the offseason. If he wins the NC with a big game, watch out. He sounds great during interviews, and the only knock I see holding him back is height.

Timmy54 said:
what you are missing stitches is that this isnt the MVP award, it is the best college player! Thats why Mcfadden really should get more respect than he does but Smith is going to win it. Also, Smith faces better competition than Hawaii, he has to do more to get his!

McFadden is a better college player than Smith though IMO. He does everything his team needs him to do. Runs, catches, passes, returns kicks.

And if you want to bring up the competition Brennan faces, bring up the talent around him too. Smith may have to do more to get his, but Brennan has much less to work with.

finswin56 said:
Yeah, I've heard 2nd and 3rd round type of thing. Don't be shocked at all to see him move into the 1st round during the offseason. If he wins the NC with a big game, watch out. He sounds great during interviews, and the only knock I see holding him back is height.

There are some character concerns too, from what I've read.

Stitches said:
Easily a landslide.
I like Brennan, and I think he's in a great QB system, and that he's even exceeding what a QB should do in that system. BUT, playing in the run and shoot, and being in Hawaii, make Brennan's Heisman chances come down to this: It would have to be like when ARod won the MVP for Texas. There has to be no worthy candidates from a top ranked team.

finswin56 said:
I like Brennan, and I think he's in a great QB system, and that he's even exceeding what a QB should do in that system. BUT, playing in the run and shoot, and being in Hawaii, make Brennan's Heisman chances come down to this: It would have to be like when ARod won the MVP for Texas. There has to be no worthy candidates from a top ranked team.

I don't think Brennan will ever have a chance at the Heisman because of where he plays, but where he plays should discount the season he is having. At least you admit he is exceeding what a QB should do in that system, which is what I am looking for other people to see.

finswin56 said:
My understanding is that those are behind him.

I thought so too, just something scouts are going to look into is all, just like every other prospect.

Stitches said:
There are some character concerns too, from what I've read.

that was early in his college career, now he is everyday all american boy who has turned it all around.

Back
Top Bottom