and the miami dolphins select... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

and the miami dolphins select...

Oh well then my bad. I read it on here he and Percy Harvin tested positive.

Not your fault. I remember that pretty well too. It was a rumor that got hot at one point. It's just an example though of how you can't always believe the rumor mills. After all there's NFLDraftBible that broke the story that Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the Combine. That turned out not to be true. Was a decent guess, because people had been speculating about Cushing on steroids for years and of course Clay Matthews went from nobody's radar to ridiculously good football player in a very short amount of time. But nonetheless, they were clean at the Combine.

No, he just has receivers that quit on their routes if they didn't manage to get open immediately.

That's just not even accurate.

Think Kendall Hunter and his 26 carries for 201 yards and 2 TDs that day might have had something to do with the reason Prince Amukamara got caught peeking in the backfield against Oklahoma State as well?

That's a big stretch. Cam Newton also passed well against those SEC defenses, including going 13 of 20 for 216 yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs against Alabama.

Jake Locker's never even come close to doing anything even remotely as impressive. Ever.

Cam Newton did pass well against SEC competition, but it's because of how much respect teams had to pay to his RUNNING ABILITY. The SAME respect you're talking about Nebraska having to pay to Kendall Hunter... or Jake Locker's "luxury" of a running game..

Very, very, very few of all those rushing yards and rushing TD's Cam Newton piled up translates to the NFL... he's going to have to learn how to beat defenses with his head. He's going to have to deal with losing, and respond... which he's never had to do before.

Jake Locker's obviously never faced Alabama before, but he had a pretty impressive performance against LSU as a junior when he almost beat them singlehandedly... passing for 320+ yards, 2 TD's and only 1 pick..

Cal's defense isn't exactly garbage, just ask Oregon.. Locker completed 82% of his passes for almost 250 yards, 3 TD's and no picks. He's had a few games where he completed anywhere from 60-67% of his passes, for 280+ yards and 4-5 TD passes and no interceptions against Oregon St. and Syracuse... Arizona, etc... with NOTHING around him.

80+ yards of those 216 passing yards, and 1 of those TD's Cam Newton had against Alabama was one of the luckiest touchdown passes he'll ever throw. Throw that same pass up to a Mark Barron who's arm isn't dragging the ground because of a torn pec and see what happens.

Trust me, there's few things I would like to see more than Cam having to face Alabama again....I can't help but like our chances.

Rickd13, shame on you.

I am really disappointed that you had to get personal with this. Are you always this sensitive about each wisecrack made about Bush? If I had a funny avatar with "Oprah" in it, would you accuse me of hating women? If I posted a picture of a cheerleader would you accuse me of being "sexist"? Wow..

As for "Dolphin39" and "lil tom gigby" who posted a "thanks" to Rickd13's comments, shame on you too. You both should have known better.

Since when is Finheaven a place where we start pointing fingers at each other based on what we "perceive" as nationality, race, gender, where we live, where we don't live etc...

I am glad to know that the majority of Finheaven does not support your "finger-pointing", "over-sensitive" rudeness.

So....... keep the political/racial thoughts inside your head, do not get personal again, and lets get back to talking Fins football o.k?

p.s For the record, I voted for Bush junior AND senior.

So quit crying about "political commentary" (which is wasn't) and, for heaven's sake....

clear.gif

I very seldom post on Finheavan, mostly just read. I'm not 10 years old and don't appreciate being scolded by somone I don't know and who doesn't know me.
For the record I don't care what your nationality is or what flag you fly as you avatar. Your caption with former President Bush's picture struck me wrong, didn't care for it. If I hurt your feelings or offended you in some way I do appologize, but you might wanna keep in mind that the "Lighten up, Francis" river runs both ways.

You just know Miami is going to trade down and take a lineman. It's not like that's a terrible idea, it's just that when your franchise doesn't have a QB, and you have a chance to take one with the talent to be a stud, you take him and figure out a lineman later.

I like Carimi for this team. I like Sherrod for this team in an extreme trade down as a LG. I like Franklin as a LG as well. But I like Ryan Mallett or Ponder more because we have to finally be bold rather than conservative at a position that the entire NFL seems to be setting up to succeed.

Hah my buddy Vince told me last night that he booked a trip for he and his girl to Jamaica without realizing it was Draft weekend. I told him he's better off. He agreed.

Mallett would be my pick, and the Dolphins must take Mallett.

That said, here is my #1 knock on Mallett: Mallett was not the best player on the field at Sugar Bowl. The best player was Pryor.
I want my first round draft pick to be the best player on the field.
ON the bright side. Mallett was often the best player on the field in a tough conference, and if not the best then second best.

That said, here is my #1 knock on Mallett: Mallett was not the best player on the field at Sugar Bowl. The best player was Pryor.
ON the bright side. Mallett was often the best player on the field in a tough conference, and if not the best then second best.

I think Pryor was the best athlete on the field, but the best player on the field THAT night was Ryan Mallet. If he had help from his receivers his stats would have been incredible . . . against a real solid Ohio State defense. Hell, his stats were still great.

Is the lack of athleticism a concern . . . I would hope so. Is it a big enough concern to overlook his ability as a passer and ability to make all the throws with a quick release, not even close . . . especially because he can manuever around in the pocket good enough to have more than enough success in the NFL.

The biggest concern is the "off the field" stuff. How bad is it? Did he experiment with coke as a college kid and he is done? Does he have post college football coke binges? Does he play "coked" up during the season? Is he really "not" a team player. The Miami Dolphins, and nobody else, need to research all these things and make sure they feel comfortable selecting him . . . in hopes of finally landing a franchise QB.

This isn't meant to be a slight towards Mallet . . . but doesn't he seem like you could catch him on a Friday night at King of Diamonds with Rick Ross on a sofa just "throwing it up" if he came down here? If he comes down to Miami he is going to get ALOT of ***** and alot of people are gonna want to be around him.

the best player on the field in the sugar bowl was cameron heyward...

honestly I'm warming up to Mallett, but my dream scenario would be some how getting a 2nd round pick and end up with the first 3 rounds being
1.Christian Ponder
2.Mikkel Leshoure
3.DJ Williams

might be a bit unrealistic but somewhat possible. I really feel we need to get a few playmakers in this draft and LeShoure and Williams are hust what the doctor ordered

Back
Top Bottom