....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters

ladeback

Lurking
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I liked the poll/thread started about which coach has been best in the last 10 years. Good conversation. I hate to rip the idea, but I saw a few people mention the QB situation over the time frame also. So, here we go. Who has been our 'best' QB since Marino?

It's Pennington, and it's not even close.

I think you're going to struggle to justify anyone other than Pennington.

Second would be Jay Fiedler IMO.

pennington and not even close.

the guy can in here with a week to prepare before the start of the season, to a team that was coming off a franchise worst season, and forget improving us because winning more than 1 game would have been an improvement, he took us to the playoffs for the first time in 6 seasons, and won 11 games, with not so much talent.

penny and not even close.

and 2nd place also isnt close, fiedler.

You'd get more debate by asking who the worst QB was.

100%

so many candidates. they all sucked, but in such a short time period.

we never really had any of the qbs above stay at qb for like 2-3 seasons.

the longest tenured qb we had on that list was fiedler.

i dont know for sure if he was the worst because we had so many terrible ones, but lucas i hate the most because he ****ed our playoff chances up in 2002, when he filled in for fiedler and lost basically every game but 1.

Haha this list is so long! We've had way too many QB's in the past 13 years.

You're definitely right about that. Pennington would be the easy choice as best I suppose. As for worst....? Crap I don't know. May need to sleep on that one.

Apparently in someone's mind, the 11-5 playoff season Chad Pennington engineered was no match for the awesome feats of one Tyler Thigpen.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

You're definitely right about that. Pennington would be the easy choice as best I suppose. As for worst....? Crap I don't know. May need to sleep on that one.
Have to be Ray Lucas or John Beck IMO. Those guys singlehandedly lost games every time they stepped on the field.

lol, what did tyler thigpen do here positive?

he had one positive quarter as a dolphin, the 4th quarter vs the titans. stunk it up vs the bears.

I think Pennington is the obvious answer. That said, I don't think Gus Frerotte gets the credit he deserves sometimes. He played decently for his one and only season here in 2005, and Miami probably would have been better off with him at the helm instead of Dumbte in 2006.

Jay Fiedler. Pennington had one good year and that was it. Fiedler led the team to multiple playoff appearances and actually won a playoff game.

LOL Fiedler didnt lead ****. We won because of that Defense.

Back
Top Bottom