....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
That's a nice opinion. But almost 40% of the people who voted would disagree with you

Then again, many believed we would be making the playoffs this season.

Funny how polls work.

I think people may be using two different definitions of "best" here.

If you're talking about one's overall contribution to the Miami Dolphins over the course of his career, I think you have to go with Jay Fiedler.

If by "best" you mean the ceiling of play that was demonstrated by the player over a significant period of time, I think you have to go with Pennington, his QB rating of nearly 100 for the 2008 season, and his 2nd place finish in the MVP voting.

Pennington may not have contributed as much to the franchise as Fiedler, but Fiedler was never good enough to play at the level Pennington did in 2008.

Pennington was the best in terms of the ability he demonstrated, and Fiedler was the best in terms of how much he contributed to this particular franchise during his career.

I think people may be using two different definitions of "best" here.

If you're talking about one's overall contribution to the Miami Dolphins over the course of his career, I think you have to go with Jay Fiedler.

If by "best" you mean the ceiling of play that was demonstrated by the player over a significant period of time, I think you have to go with Pennington, his QB rating of nearly 100 for the 2008 season, and his 2nd place finish in the MVP voting.

Pennington may not have contributed as much to the franchise as Fiedler, but Fiedler was never good enough to play at the level Pennington did in 2008.

Pennington was the best in terms of the ability he demonstrated, and Fiedler was the best in terms of how much he contributed to this particular franchise during his career.

That's cause Wannstedt and Fiedler were in bed together so he stayed starting QB for years.

C'mon people. It's Penny by a country mile. He's a much better QB than Fiedler ever was. In one year we saw more quality QB play than in Fiedler's entire career. Not to mention Fiedler had Chan Gailey and Norv Turner as his OCs. Pen had Henning...Give Pen a prime Ricky and that D, then we'd have been talking Super Bowls.

Feidler won 85% of his games while he was here.
100% made up.

Pennington by a mile. Second I would say Frerotte or Fiedler.

i would have to say jay fiedler, wondered what we would have done if he didn't get injured, seems every time he got hurt thats when the season went down the tubes, still good even though wanny didn't know how to properly use him

The Noodle is a "no brainer" since he was the best of a bad lot. However with a below a 32% playoff success rate vs top 10 scoring D's as painfully confirmed by the Ravens, (and not much better than that overall), while he's a great field general, his physical limitations IMO disqualify him from being the guy I want to go into post season with either. Sure making the playoffs is an outstanding accomplishment but "one and done" is like getting to 2nd base with a date and then driving home in agony.

[h=2]Which QB was best?[/h]
  • Damon Huard
  • Jay Fieldler
  • Ray Lucas
  • Brian Griese
  • AJ Feeley
  • Sage Rosenfels
  • Gus Frerotte
  • Daunte Culpepper
  • Joey Harrington
  • Cleo Lemon
  • Trent Green
  • John Beck
  • Chad Pennington
  • Tyler Thigpen
  • Chad Henne
looking at this list it is amazing how the QB position was not fixed for so long..
i really didn't want to vote for any of them..

I think Pennington is the obvious answer. That said, I don't think Gus Frerotte gets the credit he deserves sometimes. He played decently for his one and only season here in 2005, and Miami probably would have been better off with him at the helm instead of Dumbte in 2006.

I tried to make the point about keeping Frerrotte in case Daunte got hurt in a different argument and got killed for it. Harrington may have been my least favorite QB to watch over the past 10 years.

The Noodle is a "no brainer" since he was the best of a bad lot. However with a below a 32% playoff success rate vs top 10 scoring D's as painfully confirmed by the Ravens, (and not much better than that overall), while he's a great field general, his physical limitations IMO disqualify him from being the guy I want to go into post season with either. Sure making the playoffs is an outstanding accomplishment but "one and done" is like getting to 2nd base with a date and then driving home in agony.

Just curious, who would you pick over Penny then? I cant imaging you think Fiedler would perform better

Just curious, who would you pick over Penny then? I cant imaging you think Fiedler would perform better

No, i said I voted for Penny as I don't think it's even close - and that says more about the field we had to choose from. However, given his post season track record against formidable Ds, it might be, for me at least, more torture making the playoffs and then getting humiliated by 8 defenders in the box. So in that context, my vote wasn't an enthusiastic endorsement.

Back
Top Bottom