....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
Pennington. He led us to the playoffs after a previous 1-15 season. Did quit a bit given his physical limitations. Made the good decisions and played within his abilities. He and Bess were a good combo. Fiedler is second. Good qb to work with a power running game and solid D. Had his moments when he needed to convert a key 3rd or get a TD in the red zone. The rest is all noise. Lucas, Beck, and Feeley were the worst of the lot.

LOL Fiedler didnt lead ****. We won because of that Defense.
You can also make the argument that Pennington won because of a soft schedule, no Tom Brady and the wildcat. The fact is Pennington was only able to put together one good season for the Dolphins. His single season was better than any single Fiedler year, but Fiedler had a few good seasons.

Yeah i don't think all this pennington love is warranted. He only had one year. Feidler won 85% of his games while he was here. He also won a playoff game and was the last semblence of stability we had at qb. I'm not crapping on Penningtons acomplishments. I loved the one year he had to, but when you consider the total body of work i think its feidler hands down and it's not even close.

You can also make the argument that Pennington won because of a soft schedule, no Tom Brady and the wildcat. The fact is Pennington was only able to put together one good season for the Dolphins. His single season was better than any single Fiedler year, but Fiedler had a few good seasons.

Wasn't that soft schedule part of your reasoning for your continued support of Sparano? I dont see how you can hold it against one and not the other. Well, i do get it, but im playing ignorance for the sake of extending an olive branch.

Pennington put together a superior season, but did much much more after. He supported his teammates and helped break down defenses for Henne while he was injured. Pennington, despite a great season, willingly took a backup job despite other chances(admittedly, he got injured immediately after accepting a contract from us and starting). Most of that might not count to "best since Divinity", but it counts in my book.

Pennington had the best season, best success given the circumstances, since the holy one and continued to contribute. For that, he gets my vote.

I had a feeling this thread would make its appearance...

Good lord that list is very depressing...

I voted Henne, but I guess I was looking at the question a little differently. Pennington was definitely the best, but I was looking at who was the best guy who was going to be around awhile. Pennington was always going to be a band aid. Fiedler and Henne are close, but Henne has a far better arm although Fiedler was a better playmaker.

How awful is it when your two most promising QBs are Fiedler and Henne?

Yeah i don't think all this pennington love is warranted. He only had one year. Feidler won 85% of his games while he was here. He also won a playoff game and was the last semblence of stability we had at qb. I'm not crapping on Penningtons acomplishments. I loved the one year he had to, but when you consider the total body of work i think its feidler hands down and it's not even close.

Fielder never even had to throw the ball. Once Ricky was gone he was exposed. Jay didn't carry this team. Penny did. Also the d was better when jay was here. Pennington was an amazing qb. So heady. Only problem was he was injury prone.

Wasn't that soft schedule part of your reasoning for your continued support of Sparano? I dont see how you can hold it against one and not the other. Well, i do get it, but im playing ignorance for the sake of extending an olive branch.

Pennington put together a superior season, but did much much more after. He supported his teammates and helped break down defenses for Henne while he was injured. Pennington, despite a great season, willingly took a backup job despite other chances(admittedly, he got injured immediately after accepting a contract from us and starting). Most of that might not count to "best since Divinity", but it counts in my book.

Pennington had the best season, best success given the circumstances, since the holy one and continued to contribute. For that, he gets my vote.

To add to this, Pennington not only put together a superior season but he finished 2nd in MVP voting that year. No one since Marino came even close to what Pennington did for us in 2008. We were lucky the Jets cut him, because the Jets would have without a doubt won the division if they disregarded Favre and kept him. Jay Fielder rode dominant defenses and rushing attacks, but he wasn't as good as Pennington was for us that 1 year.

Either way, it's a sad list, and it's one of the many reasons why Ireland has to go. Failed to address the most important position in favor of safe-picks, and here's to hoping that the next guy doesn't do the same.

I voted Henne, but I guess I was looking at the question a little differently. Pennington was definitely the best, but I was looking at who was the best guy who was going to be around awhile. Pennington was always going to be a band aid. Fiedler and Henne are close, but Henne has a far better arm although Fiedler was a better playmaker.

How awful is it when your two most promising QBs are Fiedler and Henne?[/QUOTE]

aaybz4-1.gif

Pennington!

But I liked Fielder and Frerotte.

Frerotte in his only year here I thought played pretty well for an old man. He went 9-6, Sage had the other loss. This coming off a ****ty 4-12 year as well. Not to mention we started out 3-7 n closed out the season with 6 straight victories.

I will take Jay Fiedler.

This team would have been a 3 year playoff team with him at QB right now

Zack Thomas said it best. " When he was in there the fans wanted him out. When he was out they wanted him back in" People make all the excuses in the world why he was successful. With the same talent Lucas, Griese, Daunte, Feeley, Harrington couldn't do what Fiedler did. Since Fiedler Henne and Frerotte failed. Only Pennington made this a playoff team.

Excuses are the refuge of the weak. Fiedler helped make us a perenial playoff team

Back
Top Bottom