....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
Hilarious to see people calling Fiedler a winner when the only reason we weren't elite during his time here was because of his below average QB abilities.

He was a below average "game manager" with a weak arm and spotty accuracy. People say he was smart but I really cannot name any other attribute of his that he was even average at.

When Fielder was our QB we routinely sent 5+ guys from the defense to the pro bowl, even sending 8 one year I believe. We had the best corners in the game, JT and ZT in their prime, and solid safety play.

Our defense was stacked, and we'd still get bounced in the first round cause Fiedler couldn't move the ball. The dude was a mediocre quarterback.

Yup. Our defense was incredible during those years and week in and week out it was Fiedler's bonehead throws and dying quails that kept the Dolphins from being dominant. Remember the Patriots game to end the season? Yeah, boy I'm glad we had Jay Fiedler at QB, guys.

Yup. Our defense was incredible during those years and week in and week out it was Fiedler's bonehead throws and dying quails that kept the Dolphins from being dominant. Remember the Patriots game to end the season? Yeah, boy I'm glad we had Jay Fiedler at QB, guys.

That Patriots game was a failure of the entire team, minus Ricky Williams. The defense played a part in blowing an 11 point lead, letting the Pats drive for a TD, a tying Fg, and then the winning FG. They were ok but they folded under pressure.

Regardless.. Feidler made more plays than any QB we've had since combined. Including Pennington.

Hard for some to argue Pennington being great , the way he self destructed in the playoffs.

Regardless.. Feidler made more plays than any QB we've had since combined. Including Pennington.

Hard for some to argue Pennington being great , the way he self destructed in the playoffs.
Have you ever taken a look at Fiedler in the playoffs? 1 TD 7 (!) INTs. Penny got his *** kicked in one game against a great D. Yet his passer rating in that game is higher than any playoff game Fiedler has ever had. Fiedler's playoff passer rating is around 40. Playmaker my ***. Let this idolization of that **** awful QB come to an end.

Pennington got killed in the playoffs because the whole team did. There wasn't a single player on the team that was halfway worthwhile that day.

Fiedler's shortcomings undoubtedly contributed to the Dolphins' failures of those years. But the defense was far from incredible. Incredible defenses don't fold as consistently as that one did, and they show up in big games. The defense that JJ built is best described as overrated. And while Fiedler's lack of big-play talent may have kept the Dolphins from being a dominant team, they surely would have done much better had the defense ever performed up to its billing in games that really mattered.

Back
Top Bottom