....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
The Best short term was Pennington, long-term it was clearly Fiedler. Hang in there Dolfans eventually this owner will wake up and get it.
If you want straight & passionate Dolphins talk tune in 3-7pm (640AM/640SPORTS.COM) or listen anywhere with a FREE App called "Tune in Radio".
Ask me a Dolphins or Fantasy football question on http://twitter.com/bigoshow

I know who has been the worst QB since Marino retired....Ray Lucas.

Topw 2 were Chad P and Jay F. I voted for Jay F beacuse he was here for a numbers of years and at least we were in the running for the palyoffs most of his years.

This whole argument is like debating which porta-potty is the best to take a dump in, they all pale in comparison to your own ****ter.

jay fiedler didnt do anything but ride ricky williams ***. once he was gone so wsa JAY. next is henne. at this point if he just gets it together in the red zone hes a very good Q
B.

Not true, Fielder had to step up in 2001 because Lamar Smith was terrible.

Not true, Fielder had to step up in 2001 because Lamar Smith was terrible.

Lamar Smith was one of the worst starting running backs in NFL history in 2001, not just Dolphins history. When we gave Fiedler a running game, he was averaging 30 PPG in 2002 until he broke his thumb. After that, he never got his real mojo back.

My top 3:

1. Pennington- best QB performance in terms of numbers since Marino, turned around a 1-15 team with unproven and minimal talent outside of the running game.

2. Fiedler- He was winner when no one expected him to be; the only QB since Marino to win a playoff game with us. Had he not gotten injured in 2002, that Miami team was a legit Super Bowl contender and even beat the red hot Raiders in late 2002.

3. Tie between Frerotte and Huard. Frerotte had a decent year with us in 2005. For Huard, even though this was still during the "Marino years," Huard was the reason that the Dolphins made the playoffs in 1999 (Once Marino came back from injury, with the exception of the game against the Colts in December and the Seahawks in the playoffs, Marino was sub-par at best). He also helped us to win a key game @Indy the Sunday after Thanksgiving in 2000, right when it looked like that season might go all for not.

Bottom 3:

1. Ray Lucas- a Dolphin killer (both as a Jet and a Dolphin), he was the prime reason that Miami missed the playoffs in 2002 in which we were bound to make a deep run.

2. Daunte- Many expected that Duante would take us to the playoffs after a 9-7 season but he was a complete joke that was nothing without Moss. He should have never come to this team in the first place, but our scouting was bad and our Front Office was cheap which resulted in a wasted 2nd round pick when we had the money to sign Brees. For the most part, we still have not recovered from this move.

3. John Beck- a wasted 2nd round pick on a guy who was already 26 by the time he took his first snap. If for some reason he does become a decent QB should Rex be benched, I'll eat my words.

I would have to say Fielder. He was here longer and won more games and took us to the playoffs. I think people who annoint Pennington have short memories. Fiedler too a lot of heat because he wasn't Marino, but we'd gladly take a guy like that now.

I'm not saying Pennington isn't good.. but the best? If Tom Brady doesn't get injured do we still have this conversation? Fielder was a tough SOB... Pennington went down on a freak play, that ended his career, that look liked a fart dislocated his shoulder.

It's real tough. But I think the body of work in a Dolphin uniform makes the edge go to Fielder.

It's Fieldler simply because he got us multiple 10 win seasons.

Penny was fantastic for us, but 1 year is too small a sample size.

This is a bogus poll. I am a bit upset that Pat White didnt even garner consideration!

Hilarious to see people calling Fiedler a winner when the only reason we weren't elite during his time here was because of his below average QB abilities.

He was a below average "game manager" with a weak arm and spotty accuracy. People say he was smart but I really cannot name any other attribute of his that he was even average at.

When Fielder was our QB we routinely sent 5+ guys from the defense to the pro bowl, even sending 8 one year I believe. We had the best corners in the game, JT and ZT in their prime, and solid safety play.

Our defense was stacked, and we'd still get bounced in the first round cause Fiedler couldn't move the ball. The dude was a mediocre quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom