....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
Great forum, ladeback. Great topic. 86 replies. Great discusions I'm assuming as I am late and do not have the time to read through. Forum heaven, brother- all you.

Wanted to go with Jay Fiedler badly in my gut. Dumbo was a battle elephant and he did it for years. But I gave my vote to Chad Pennington. How I came to love a former NYJ that I H-A-T-E-D had to take precedent over Fiedler's winning teams.

37 votes for Chad Henne guys? Really? Really? R e a l l y? If there are Dolphin staff or players in here anounce yourselves, please! That would be the best.

2011 Chad Henne might have been our best since Marino if Marshall wasn't a gutless sack of crap and he hadn't ripped apart his shoulder in week four.

Of the rest, it was a toss-up between Gus Frerotte (he played very well down the stretch that year) and Chad Pennington. Pennington got us to the playoffs and made this idiotic regime look competent. Had to vote for him.

I voted for "Ears"

... Now, had the duct tape & chewing gum held him together longer than one season - it'd be Penny.

I was hoping this thread would take off. Great replies, guys. ;]

I read the arguments, but it has to be Fiedler (no matter how much I hated him). The reason is that Pennington and Frerotte were only starters for a year on the Dolphins. Damon Huard didn't even play an entire season.

Still, I think people easily forget about Gus Frerotte, who was playing very well here in Miami. I love Chad Pennington, I really do; you can't say he was the best based on one season, it's not fair to Fiedler who hovered above mediocre for a while.

I vote other: Luck, Barkley, or Jones. All three are better than any on that list without even playing down yet.

I voted for Fiedler over Pennington, only because Pennington's injury problems limited him to one good season with us.

Fielder was amore a product of a good team than being an actual good starting qb. His armstrength severly limited our offense and allowed teams to stack the box increasingly against Ricky williams. In reality Fielder was not even ana average nfl qb. His only good season was 2002 and that was because we rode Ricky and he got some better chances because teams were stacking. The best thing about Fielder is he did not throw many interceptions but he also did not throw many td passes either

Yes, but sadly, an average QB is better than all the others we've had that were utter failures (except Pennington).

I read the arguments, but it has to be Fiedler (no matter how much I hated him). The reason is that Pennington and Frerotte were only starters for a year on the Dolphins. Damon Huard didn't even play an entire season.

Still, I think people easily forget about Gus Frerotte, who was playing very well here in Miami. I love Chad Pennington, I really do; you can't say he was the best based on one season, it's not fair to Fiedler who hovered above mediocre for a while.

Frerotte owes two of his wins to Sage Rosenfels, other than that he was a QB who put up almost non-existent offense in half his games and who preyed on weak teams.

I think Fiedler was the best he played the most for 1 season it would be Chad Pennington.

Back
Top Bottom