....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

....and which Quarterback since Marino was 'best'?

Which QB was best?

• Damon Huard

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Jay Fieldler

Votes: 164 34.5%
  • Ray Lucas

• Brian Griese

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Sage Rosenfels

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Daunte Culpepper

• Joey Harrington

• Cleo Lemon

• Trent Green

• John Beck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

Votes: 231 48.6%
  • Tyler Thigpen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 53 11.2%

• Total voters
jay fiedler didnt do anything but ride ricky williams ***. once he was gone so wsa JAY. next is henne. at this point if he just gets it together in the red zone hes a very good Q
B.

Pennington was in consideration for the league MVP that year, name one post Marino qb thats ever come close to that

Open and shut case. Chad Pennington. He was so good, it made Tony look like an upcoming coach.

I was reading through the thread and started looking through youtube for some highlights of past QBs Miami has employed. I randomly found a Chris Chambers (who was my favorite player) video that was actually made by our very own Nublar. Brings back memories of the chemistry Frerotte formed with Chris the year he started for us. They were a pretty nice combo to be honest. Gus liked to throw deep and was quite accurate in doing so and I remember Miami fans eating it up that season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhG1lUEwW40

You can actually thank Sage Rosenfels for that great year if memory serves me right.

Didn't Chambers get over 400 yards and like 5 TD'S from the overall playtime Rosenfels got that year?

jay fiedler didnt do anything but ride ricky williams ***. once he was gone so wsa JAY. next is henne. at this point if he just gets it together in the red zone hes a very good Q
B.

So what happened the year he had Lamar Smith? Wasn't that the last time MIami won a playoff game? Fiedler without Ricky Williams.

The problem Fiedler had was Norv Turner. Under Gailey Fiedler was a solid to good QB. Gailey understood Fiedler's limitations. On the move and outside the pocker Fiedler was a top 4 QB in the league I believe his first couple seasons. Under Gailey, many experts were predicting Pro Bowl seasons from Fiedler.

Then Norv "stubborn" Turner comes and takes over. He suddenly thinks Fiedler is a Pocket Passer and can hit out patters. He also thought Fiedler could suddenly and magically throw across the field.

Turner, then decides when Griese starts he was gonna make him the bootleg out of the pocket QB. Turner was a joke.

If Miami had Gailey, and Fiedler could have stayed healthy for his whole time here, I wouldn't have been surprised if we actually made a SB. Or, at the very least, made 1 or 2 AFC Championship games. Remember, I am stating if Fiedler stayed healthy, our playoffs would have completely changed seeding wise if Fiedler didn't get hurt. Gailey utilized Fiedlers strengths.

With that said, if Pennington could have stayed healthy, there is no denying IMO that this team would be a perennial threat in the AFC. I am not sure if he would have made us better then with Fiedler, but he probably would have.

1 season, Penny hands down
Over his tenure Fiedler.

If I had to choose right now, a healthy Fiedler and a healthy Penny. It would be a really tough choice, but I would go with Penny due to our OC

Ok let's also look at this.

Penny had the best season when it comes to recent memory? BUt in all seriousness, who believed it was our year? We had hope, and many thought we could make some noise, but did anyone really believe it was our year?

Now go back to that season with Fiedler. I forget the exact season. BUt it was when we started 4-1. Fiedler leads the team back in the 4th quarter against Denver to set up a game winning FG and it's made. At this point, Miami was the team to beat. Everything seems to be going our way.... UNTIL DUHN DUHN DUHN........ Fiedler gets his thumb broked that game.\

I look back at that season and I seriously wonder what could have been if he didn't get hurt. He was playing lights out that season. Fiedler was winning games and hitting WR'S all over the place.

When I think of that season it still pains me knowing we could have had a legit shot to do some serious damage

the biggest problem with Fieder is he should have never been a starting nfl qb, we were the only team stupid enough to make him that. He did as good as he could do but he was a huge liability

i voted for feidler b/c i forgot about penny! but def penny! hands down . . guy just was ailed by injuries his whole career. had that not been the case he would have stayed with the jets forever imo.

easy choice. Penny by a mile. his mvp type season was something one of those clowns couldn't accomplish. No doubt this team would be a playoff contender year in and out with a young Penny. everyone knocks the guys arm, but look at Henne's arm. What about the accuracy....that means ten times more for a QB.

It's fielder. 3rd in yards all time. 3rd in wins all time as a phin.

is that really saying a whole lot.. the defense was pretty good those years and so was the running game. fiedler is a good QB but nothing to write home about

And penny didn't have a good running game and defense too? 3rd best in history of the team is something to write about.

The defense wasn't good when Penny was here. Our best defensive weapon was Chad Pennington, and keeping the ball away from the other team's offense. Pennington could keep the clock rolling all game because the ball hardly hit the ground, and our T.O.P. was like it was today every game. Our defense sucks now and we only gave up 17 points because the other team didn't have the ball too much. Pennington was the same way, but unlike Henne he could engineer the methodical drive whenever it was needed to win or put the other team away. The 2008 team couldn't cover, but their own merit was that they could intercept.

Back
Top Bottom