And With the 11th Pick, the Miami Dolphins Choose.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And With the 11th Pick, the Miami Dolphins Choose....

If Bumpus is gone by the time we pick ;) I think they find a way to get Mayfield.

I think Gase wants his guy who could sit a year or two behind Ryan.

If Bump is gone by the time we pick I think they find a way to get Mayfield.

My agent keeps telling me there's a lot of heat on me right now. Hopefully, we move up to the top 5 to ensure I land in Miami.

T-bum and Gase will trade up in the first and take a slot receiver. SMMFH

Yes if Baker goes than whoever is left from your list most def should be our pick. I'm thinking...hoping...Baker is there at 11. I've watched every one of his games. I see him as best of class. His height is distracting some teams as well as an off field issue. Whoever lands him will not need another qb for 12+ years.

Another can't miss QB prospect, eh???

As any true, knowledgeable longtime football fan (who has heard the same "can't miss" crap many, many times) should realize: "past performance is not indicative of future results".....yes, that's from the world of investing/finance but it is also very valid with NFL players, especially QB's.

If not Mayfield then I want Nelson or James.
But we are forgetting what The Dolphins do. We will trade down out of 11, get two guys like Misi and Odrick and be average forever.

If Bumpus is gone by the time we pick ;) I think they find a way to get Mayfield.

This.....Gase is not putting all his eggs in Ryan’s basket after Ryan let us all down in 2017.

Mayfield is a winner and I have a feeling I get once in a while about QB’s about him.

So anyhow, I think it's funny how so many people did everything but answer the question :finger

There were however, a couple of what I would deem correct answers early on, nope and absolutely not :cigar

Have a great day everyone! :p:)

If Mayfield isn’t there, we trade back and take Jackson. Then in round 2 we take Bates( s) and a Center/ OG with one of the picks we get.

* I figure if I keep repeating it, it will happen. Isn’t that the way it works? ;-)

*sigh*

Every year I keep telling y'all ...

43 year old, 5'9" 270lb. Natural Left Guard. Fireplug outta Warwood Jr. High with a good knee & a back that's still holding up.

If we fail to draft me again, then I have no idea what the hell we're doing.
I'm 5'7" 160 43y.o. too i can play slot. If we get enough people together we could have our own team

Another can't miss QB prospect, eh???

As any true, knowledgeable longtime football fan (who has heard the same "can't miss" crap many, many times) should realize: "past performance is not indicative of future results".....yes, that's from the world of investing/finance but it is also very valid with NFL players, especially QB's.
With your logic then we don't need scouts in any sports or the draft. We should just put everyone's name in a hat and have teams just pick them out blind. Of course I can miss on some talent evaluation but you simply made a ridiculous blanket statement that is not valid in any way. I'm 41 and retired. Why because I invested in stocks based on past performance.

I’m in the minority, because I don’t see anything too special about any of the QB’s being discussed as top 5 picks. I do think Miami will be shut out of trading up, because other teams have more to offer. If they somehow pull it off, it’s because they’ve traded picks in 2019. The Bills are sitting in the drivers seat IMO. Miami is in draft purgatory. The 7 players I think will go outside of the QB’s are Nelson, Chubb, Smith, Edmonds, Fitzpatrick, James and Barkley. Mayfield is not the answer or worth the risk of trading up, giving up, what would be Miami’s 2019 1st round pick and more. If you thought cap hell is bad let’s see what it’s like once again to be without draft picks early In 2019, a year rich in defensive talent. Those 7 players will leave Miami with at least one of them to draft?

My dream pick is Barkley, realistically my pick is Allen, underrated and defined all the odds coming out of that school
Allen has always been discussed in the top 3 qbs in this class with many mentions of being the best. Where exactly do you get "underrated"?

Back
Top Bottom