Andrew Luck.....can't miss!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck.....can't miss!!

jfleag61

Active Roster
Reaction score
So Andrew Luck is the REAL DEAL. The best pro prospect since P.Manning. A must draft, franchise saving, sell your soul, trade all your picks, player. He will bring you multiple super bowls.

He plays in the pac 12 for god sake.......read on:

What can you say about Matt Leinart? He will go down as one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time. In three seasons as a starter at USC, he had a combined record of 37-2, including 34 straight victories. He took over the helm as a sophomore in 2003 for Heisman Trophy Winner Carson Palmer, and exceeded all expectations. On the year, Leinart completed just over 63% of his passes for 3,556 yards, and an amazing 38/9 TD/INT ratio. USC earned a share of the National Title in 2003, thanks in large part to Leinart's success. As a junior, he was even better. The eventual Heisman Trophy winner finished the year with 3,322 yards and 33 TD's to just six interceptions, while completing 65% of his passes. USC this time won the National Title outright. Leinart turned down the NFL and returned for his senior year with a shot to become just the second person to win two Heismans and be a part of the first 3-time National Champions. As it turned out, his backfield mate Reggie Bush stole the show on his way to the Heisman, and USC lost to Texas in the title game 41-38. But Leinart had another great season. He became a 3-time All American after completing 65.7% of his passes for 3,815 yards and 28 touchdowns to just eight interceptions. 3-time AA, one Heisman, Two National Titles, and a 37-2 career record. That's not a bad three year stretch.
Leinart is one of the most polished passers to come out of the college ranks since Peyton Manning. His ability to read defenses is second to none at the college level. USC even gave him the opportunity to call audibles at the line of scrimmage any time he wanted because of his ability to see what was developing. He has excellent timing with his receivers, and can put the ball on the money in any situation. His career completion percentage is just under 65%. Leinart has excellent touch and can float it in, or sling it into coverage if needed. He is also a good athlete for a player his size, and shows solid mobility inside the pocket. He is not a threat to run it, though he did run for six touchdowns this year, but he can avoid the rush and throw on the run once outside the pocket. What sets Leinart apart though is his leadership ability. He's played in big games every year, and more often than not, he came out on top. He will not make mistakes to cost you the game, and comes through when the game is on the line.
There is nothing physically that stands out about Leinart. He can make any throw needed, but he does not have a cannon. He is mobile, but he's not a standout athlete and is not a threat to tuck it. There were some times this year where he let his passes sail, and he won't be allowed to do that in the NFL. He has the arm strength to get the ball into coverage, he just needs to do it more often. In the NFL, a lot of the touch passes he throws will not be completed. Also, as a marked man this year, Leinart took a couple late hits to the head, and came up a little foggy at times. Just as a precaution, those slight concussions will be checked out.
Matt Leinart is the Tom Brady of college football. He just wins. He does not wow you with his physical talent and may not lead the league in any statistical category, but he puts you in position to win, and comes out on top. He has a very bright future in the NFL. He had the chance to go #1 overall last year but chose to return to school. Now, he's a top three lock, but does not look like the #1 pick because his teammate Reggie Bush is in the draft. No matter where he goes, Leinart should have an excellent NFL career.

Link:www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/matt_leinart.html

Don't know about you guys, but I don't want to give up "the farm" for another Matt Leinart.

LET THE BASHING BEGIN!!!

You're nuts. Leinart wasn't a tenth of the prospect Luck is. There are maybe five teams in the entire NFL who wouldn't draft luck if they had the pick including GB Detroit and Pitt. Leinart was passed on by teams, Luck won't be. This guy is on the same tier prospect wise as Manning and another Stanford QB who won a couple of super bowls. Leinart and Luck aren't in the same stratosphere as prospects

being a top prospect has nothing to do with how successful your team was in college...

being a top prospect has to do with your skill sets

You're nuts. Leinart wasn't a tenth of the prospect Luck is. There are maybe five teams in the entire NFL who wouldn't draft luck if they had the pick including GB Detroit and Pitt. Leinart was passed on by teams, Luck won't be. This guy is on the same tier prospect wise as Manning and another Stanford QB who won a couple of super bowls. Leinart and Luck aren't in the same stratosphere as prospects

I'm referring to the article....the same "next manning" spew that is coming out about Luck. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust. I am saying we have seen this movie before. The Pac 12 is not a "powerhouse" conf., and they play a weak non conf. sched.

He has all the "tools" to be a really good QB at the next level. I just don't think it is a wise move to go "all in" to get him. There are some pretty good QB's in this draft (most of them worthy of a 1st round pick). I'm just making the point that if we don't finish with a record deserving of the 1st overall pick, we shouldn't be so blinded by Luck that we give up too much for him, rather than taking another "high quality" QB with a "less costly" pick.

Leinart was never dubbed as the can't-miss prospect. I don't know who the hell compared him to Peyton Manning but that was an exaggeration even when he was in college and we all expected him to be good.

If you're trying to say Luck is going to be a bust, I still think he is worth the first overall pick because he has the most potential to be the next Peyton. But obviously like anyone else, the potential to bust is also there.

Matt Leinart had very average physical tools, to go along with a sense of entitlement. His college resume is what it is, although he was surrounded by the best talent in the country at virtually every position.

However, when you projected those very average physical tools to the NFL, he was really nothing more than Ken Dorsey or David Greene, who both have similar college resumes, and similar physical skillsets that just didn't project to anything above being an average NFL starter at best.

Leinart wasn't a worker, and didn't take his craft seriously as a pro, which only expedited his fall into the abyss. He had a chance to come out after his junior season and be a top 5 pick, but instead chose to go back to school another year to take a ball room dancing class and live the Hollywood lifestyle in So Cal. He already knew he wasn't up to the challenge of the NFL, and didn't care for it to begin with.

Leinart holds no comparison to Luck other than both being Pac-10 quarterbacks.... it ends there.

I'll draft Andrew Luck, the rest of you can continue drafting 'Hall of Fame' left tackles and we'll see who's team is competing for championships over the next decade...

Leinart stayed in school to party for another year in LA. Luck stayed in school to finish his engineering degree at Stanford.

Man, forget about this battle. It's already lost.

Their minds are made up. Luck is going to be the savior, no questions asked. He's like *no other* prospect that has ever came out of college (except perhaps for Manning). No amount of proof that this sort of hype has happened before is going to convince them.

Ryan Leaf was a can't miss too.

I think it's about time that somebody who actually watched Ryan Leaf play in college back this up with something..

Tell me what type of offensive system he ran at WSU and the route concepts, etc...

Explain what it was in Ryan Leaf's ONE season of big time production that translated to the NFL so well that it made him a can't miss prospect.

I'll be here...

Man, forget about this battle. It's already lost.

Their minds are made up. Luck is going to be the savior, no questions asked. He's like *no other* prospect that has ever came out of college (except perhaps for Manning). No amount of proof that this sort of hype has happened before is going to convince them.

People are simply pointing out red flags that came with all these other prospects. What red flags do you notice with Andrew Luck? That would be a more legitimate argument against him than bringing up the failures of people who weren't as highly rated as him.

I think it's about time that somebody who actually watched Ryan Leaf play in college back this up with something..

Tell me what type of offensive system he ran at WSU and the route concepts, etc...

Explain what it was in Ryan Leaf's ONE season of big time production that translated to the NFL so well that it made him a can't miss prospect.

I'll be here...

the cant......its the same tired rhetoric. Ryan Leaf was a cant miss prospect too. Andrew Luck cant play defense. We wont win unless we have a coach. Its just empty noise. Some people see the big picture and what a franchise qb can bring to a team. Some people just wanna make meaningless noise. Honestly, between the two sites im done arguing with them.

Leinart was never dubbed as the can't-miss prospect. I don't know who the hell compared him to Peyton Manning but that was an exaggeration even when he was in college and we all expected him to be good.

If you're trying to say Luck is going to be a bust, I still think he is worth the first overall pick because he has the most potential to be the next Peyton. But obviously like anyone else, the potential to bust is also there.

I did say I DIDN'T think he was going to be a bust. I'm just saying A LOT of people thought Leinart was highly thought of. I WOULD take Luck if we have the opportunity to do so without giving up the REST of our future. What good is it to have Luck if we don't have the ability to put a good team around him??

Back
Top Bottom