Andrew Luck.....can't miss!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck.....can't miss!!

People are simply pointing out red flags that came with all these other prospects. What red flags do you notice with Andrew Luck? That would be a more legitimate argument against him than bringing up the failures of people who weren't as highly rated as him.

The last sentence is the problem with that argument. There *have* been people rated as highly as Luck.

Remember Rick Mirer? Another can't miss prospect. The next Montana. No red flags either. Or another guy from the same draft: Drew Bledsoe. The next Marino. Went 1-2 IIRC.

It's not about downgrading Luck. It's about remembering this hype has happened before, with mixed results. Yes, Manning became everything he was supposed to be and more. Others, with similar hype, haven't.

It's just something worth remembering. I'm not against drafting him by any means; you just have to remember there are no sure things.

The last sentence is the problem with that argument. There *have* been people rated as highly as Luck.

Remember Rick Mirer? Another can't miss prospect. The next Montana. No red flags either. Or another guy from the same draft: Drew Bledsoe. The next Marino. Went 1-2 IIRC.

It's not about downgrading Luck. It's about remembering this hype has happened before, with mixed results. Yes, Manning became everything he was supposed to be and more. Others, with similar hype, haven't.

It's just something worth remembering. I'm not against drafting him by any means; you just have to remember there are no sure things.

This!

It's getting ridiculous now. Saying something that seems in any way negative about Luck on here is like you're insulting everyone's mother. Saying that we shouldn't give our first born for a college player doesn't mean anyone thinks he is less than stellar. He is. He just cannot single-handedly fix the Miami Dolphins.
Please stop comparing this kid to Manning's football intelligence.......it's completely ridiculous. The same football "experts" you are all hanging on every word of about him, would laugh in your face.

Read the article that was written by "experts" when Leinert was in the same spot.....sounds just as highly touted. Take the blinders off and just be objective. The kid is very good ok? Until this organization gets an overhaul from the top down it doesn't matter who you draft, they will fail in the long run.

You are making things up now. Mirer was never rated as highly as Luck and was never considered cant miss. Couch, Carr, Stafford, Bradford and even Cam Newton and Carson Palmer werent rated as high of a prospect as Luck. If you wanna keep ignorning that fact than go ahead. The last two qbs that had the same hype and were rated as high as Luck were Manning and Elway. You wanna bring up Leaf and Leinart and put them in the same sentence as Luck in terms of prospects than go ahead but you are dead wrong.

Aikman didnt get the same hype or wasnt thought of as much of a "cant miss" prospect as Luck. If it makes you sleep better by making things up or clumping Luck with other qbs that arent in the same stratosphere as Luck is as a prospect than enjoy hiding your head under the sand

man, i said it once ima say it again. Leinert had too much talent on that team that made him look better the advertised.

Im preying we get him. Even if we finish top 5. We can draft him but trading up. Trade the house of picks this year and next year.

You are making things up now. Mirer was never rated as highly as Luck and was never considered cant miss. Couch, Carr, Stafford, Bradford and even Cam Newton and Carson Palmer werent rated as high of a prospect as Luck. If you wanna keep ignorning that fact than go ahead. The last two qbs that had the same hype and were rated as high as Luck were Manning and Elway. You wanna bring up Leaf and Leinart and put them in the same sentence as Luck in terms of prospects than go ahead but you are dead wrong.

Aikman didnt get the same hype or wasnt thought of as much of a "cant miss" prospect as Luck. If it makes you sleep better by making things up or clumping Luck with other qbs that arent in the same stratosphere as Luck is as a prospect than enjoy hiding your head under the sand

Fine, I'm the one hallucinating.

why in gods name is andrew luck being compared to matt leinart??? i mean what is wrong with you guys...you talk out of your *****...matt leinart tim tebow...tim couch...ryan leaf for gods sakes

clean your loop...

I'd be thrilled to end up with Andrew Luck if it's in the cards - due to his high predictive probability of success (but not "guarantee"). However, "in the cards" for me means a season trying to be salvaged - but unsuccessfully by everyone involved. Cause that's the way I'm hard-wired!

However, I've identified about 8-11 reasons (so far) as to why, even if our suckage continues, in probability, considering the obstacles faced, we will not end up with Andrew Luck ....and thus all this LuckSucking thread obsession, in retrospect will appear no more than the mental masturbation it is.

Self-labeled "realists" talk about this team sucking, but disingenuinely lose any semblance of similar perspective when it comes to the Luck pipe dream. Sure it's good for the soul and psyche if you think there's a silver lining lurking just beyond the clouds or a bright light at the end of the tunnel, but when the smoke clears, there's even a bigger letdown in store when the dream is predicated more on hope than pragmatic reality.

nz1zkl-1.jpg

it might be a pipe dream vaark but watching this team play football its the only hope we got...so do me a favor and stop trying to ruin it...its the first week of october and its the only thing we've got to look forward to...

the losses will keep piling up as long as sparanos in the building...and mike nolan if we switched to him won't make a hill of beans difference either...so its possible but not probable we get luck...right now at least...and its a whole lot more possible than this team righting the ship in the next 13 weeks

I'm referring to the article....the same "next manning" spew that is coming out about Luck. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust. I am saying we have seen this movie before. The Pac 12 is not a "powerhouse" conf., and they play a weak non conf. sched.

He has all the "tools" to be a really good QB at the next level. I just don't think it is a wise move to go "all in" to get him. There are some pretty good QB's in this draft (most of them worthy of a 1st round pick). I'm just making the point that if we don't finish with a record deserving of the 1st overall pick, we shouldn't be so blinded by Luck that we give up too much for him, rather than taking another "high quality" QB with a "less costly" pick.

Do you have to be from the SEC to be good?

yeah...who thinks the pats backups wouldn't hand us a loss the way things are going??? ha ha...

it might be a pipe dream vaark but watching this team play football its the only hope we got...so do me a favor and stop trying to ruin it...its the first week of october and its the only thing we've got to look forward to...

the losses will keep piling up as long as sparanos in the building...and mike nolan if we switched to him won't make a hill of beans difference either...so its possible but not probable we get luck...right now at least...and its a whole lot more possible than this team righting the ship in the next 13 weeks

AFAIC, Anybody is welcome to continue to still day dream, circle jerking each other in a pique of mental masturbatory rapture. No one's stopping you, It shouldn't be "ruined" for any self-described "realists" who aren't blindly delusional when it comes to LuckReality and can separate reality from a pipedream.

Don't you think it's disingenuous for a chronic so-called "realist" to selectively request that reality now be parsed or suspended? Sorry.

The Patriots showed little interest in playing the Dolphins in week 17 last year and they still led 24-0 at halftime.

They had less at stake last year whereas the Fins coaching staff will. If you don't think Bill "Machiavelli" Belicheat with his history, won't lay down if he has the option, I've got a shiny bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap.

...and what about the jest in the same position week 17 if nothing's at stake.?

So Andrew Luck is the REAL DEAL. The best pro prospect since P.Manning. A must draft, franchise saving, sell your soul, trade all your picks, player. He will bring you multiple super bowls.

He plays in the pac 12 for god sake.......read on:

What can you say about Matt Leinart? He will go down as one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time. In three seasons as a starter at USC, he had a combined record of 37-2, including 34 straight victories. He took over the helm as a sophomore in 2003 for Heisman Trophy Winner Carson Palmer, and exceeded all expectations. On the year, Leinart completed just over 63% of his passes for 3,556 yards, and an amazing 38/9 TD/INT ratio. USC earned a share of the National Title in 2003, thanks in large part to Leinart's success. As a junior, he was even better. The eventual Heisman Trophy winner finished the year with 3,322 yards and 33 TD's to just six interceptions, while completing 65% of his passes. USC this time won the National Title outright. Leinart turned down the NFL and returned for his senior year with a shot to become just the second person to win two Heismans and be a part of the first 3-time National Champions. As it turned out, his backfield mate Reggie Bush stole the show on his way to the Heisman, and USC lost to Texas in the title game 41-38. But Leinart had another great season. He became a 3-time All American after completing 65.7% of his passes for 3,815 yards and 28 touchdowns to just eight interceptions. 3-time AA, one Heisman, Two National Titles, and a 37-2 career record. That's not a bad three year stretch.
Leinart is one of the most polished passers to come out of the college ranks since Peyton Manning. His ability to read defenses is second to none at the college level. USC even gave him the opportunity to call audibles at the line of scrimmage any time he wanted because of his ability to see what was developing. He has excellent timing with his receivers, and can put the ball on the money in any situation. His career completion percentage is just under 65%. Leinart has excellent touch and can float it in, or sling it into coverage if needed. He is also a good athlete for a player his size, and shows solid mobility inside the pocket. He is not a threat to run it, though he did run for six touchdowns this year, but he can avoid the rush and throw on the run once outside the pocket. What sets Leinart apart though is his leadership ability. He's played in big games every year, and more often than not, he came out on top. He will not make mistakes to cost you the game, and comes through when the game is on the line.
There is nothing physically that stands out about Leinart. He can make any throw needed, but he does not have a cannon. He is mobile, but he's not a standout athlete and is not a threat to tuck it. There were some times this year where he let his passes sail, and he won't be allowed to do that in the NFL. He has the arm strength to get the ball into coverage, he just needs to do it more often. In the NFL, a lot of the touch passes he throws will not be completed. Also, as a marked man this year, Leinart took a couple late hits to the head, and came up a little foggy at times. Just as a precaution, those slight concussions will be checked out.
Matt Leinart is the Tom Brady of college football. He just wins. He does not wow you with his physical talent and may not lead the league in any statistical category, but he puts you in position to win, and comes out on top. He has a very bright future in the NFL. He had the chance to go #1 overall last year but chose to return to school. Now, he's a top three lock, but does not look like the #1 pick because his teammate Reggie Bush is in the draft. No matter where he goes, Leinart should have an excellent NFL career.

Link:www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/matt_leinart.html

Don't know about you guys, but I don't want to give up "the farm" for another Matt Leinart.

LET THE BASHING BEGIN!!!

OK, first of all let me say that the article that you posted that slurps Matt Leinart is so off base it's not even funny. Leinart was viewed as a good prospect by some because of the level of success that he had in a great system behind a great offensive line with a **** load of talent around him at the skill positions.
He struggled with his accuraccy down the field, he had below average physical skills and his work ethic often came into question.
Andrew Luck plays for a nothing program at Stanford and really has no talent around him to speak of. He has carried that team week in and week out ever since he got there in every sense of the phrase. The kid has all of the physical and intangible traits you look for in a quarterback prospect.
Could Luck be a bust? Of course!!! But the simple fact is that the consensus amongst NFL scouts is that Luck is the best QB prospect to come out in YEARS!
Just because two QBs get drafted #1 overall, or top 5 overall, doesn't mean they are similar prospects. QBs are always overvalued and generally the best QB in the draft goes either #1 or top 5 every year. With that being said, most everyone agrees that Luck is 2-3x the prospect that a David Carr or a Jamarcus Russel was.
Again, is there a possibility that Luck busts, absolutely. But the odds are that the kid is going to be a home run. I would be shocked if he does not become one of the better QBs in football by year 4-5 in his career.

Back
Top Bottom