Andrew Luck.....can't miss!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck.....can't miss!!

Similarities in how they played the position??..... Successfully!!

They both had great numbers and were just as highly touted. That is the only point trying to be made. Please don't try to start an argument based on how differently they throw the ball, or how Luck has a quicker run style......we know already. not the point of the comment.

You cannot honestly think that Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, or Rick ****ing Mirer was as highly touted as Andrew Luck is today.

Holy ****...

You cannot honestly think that Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, or Rick ****ing Mirer was as highly touted as Andrew Luck is today.

Holy ****...

Matt Leinert was! He was projected to be highly successful in the NFL.

Are you saying that his numbers weren't just as impressive as Luck???

**** the numbers dude. No one cares about statistics. That's NOT how you evaluate a QB. That's the LAST place you would ever look.

Matt Leinart was not labeled a franchise QB. He wasn't labeled a can't-miss prospect. Merrill Hodge had Leinart as a THIRD round pick. See if anyone has Luck going anything later than the first overall pick.

Ryan Leaf wasn't labeled a franchise QB is the true sense of franchise. Not even Peyton Manning was.

To go back to the last TRUELY labeled franchise QB, you have to go all the way back to John Elway, another Stanford kid.

Luck is the perfect size, Stanford educated, makes great decisions with the football, understands complex schemes, mobile, big arm, and he's accurate. He's everything you want.

You sticking with Chad Henne? Luck might be unproven at the NFL level but everyone is out of college. You're taking a chance on everyone you draft. No way around that. But Chad Henne is a proven unproven QB in this league no matter how we slice it.

Instead of most comedic, vote Vaark for Debbie Downer this year.

Nah, a few moments of blunt brutal clarity don't compare. Realistically speaking you and a few others have this category sewn up on the basis of consistency. However, to some small extent, I can empathize with you for the blowback you sometimes receive when dispensing unpopular bubble-busting reality. :up:

Nonetheless, you did inspire me; Perhaps I'll ask the admins to slap this badge on. :idk:

311wi7n-1.jpg

**** the numbers dude. No one cares about statistics. That's NOT how you evaluate a QB. That's the LAST place you would ever look.
I get that there is more than just numbers but to say that numbers don't matter is ridiculous. So if Luck had a 45% completion rate with just as many int's as TD's and a .500 win percentage you (and every "expert") would think he was a guarantee for #1 overall? Numbers DO in fact play a part. Every Luck jock strap worshiper on here throws numbers out all the time. How many QB's with bad college numbers are thriving in the NFL? They ALL had good stats in college!

You sticking with Chad Henne? Luck might be unproven at the NFL level but everyone is out of college. You're taking a chance on everyone you draft. No way around that. But Chad Henne is a proven unproven QB in this league no matter how we slice it.

Why would this mean I don't want to draft Luck, or any great prospect? I'll stick with Henne if he performs.....I would support you if you went out and played well. I just won't bow down and throw my season away so I can then hand the team over to an unproven QB like most of you guys seem to want to do. Give him a chance if we have a shot at him, sure. I'm all for it, but I won't sell out and hang my team on the hopes of something that may NEVER happen 9 months from now.

Sign Aaron Rodgers, we still have no leadership and would only win an extra 3 games. We need more.

Dude...come on...if a kid has a 45% completion rating and all of that other crap you mentioned, I damn sure don't need to see statistics to look out on the field and realize he's not going to be the first overall pick in the draft.

Chad Henne is not performing. And in this league, with the way the league is set up and defined today, and how it benefits the offenses, you'd better have an elite QB if you want to win BIG. We just got a new collective bargaining agreement which cane fully equipped with a rookie salary cap. Now, you can draft a kid with the first overall pick, not have to pay him a ridiculous amount of money and if he doesn't pan out, it doesn't set you back a decade anymore.

Find a way to get Andrew Luck.

Dude...come on...if a kid has a 45% completion rating and all of that other crap you mentioned, I damn sure don't need to see statistics to look out on the field and realize he's not going to be the first overall pick in the draft.

You're the one that said numbers don't matter. Now you admit that they do....where is the line?

Not trying to attack you, I just don't see the sense in making EVERY single thread about this kid when we're only in October. If we have a shot at him, GET HIM. I am all for drafting a great QB prospect of the future....but he is just a PROSPECT. Give him a chance, not a trophy just yet.

OMG Andrew Luck is not a lock to become a good NFL QB. There is some risk involved taking any QB in the 1st round.

This is why the Dolphins can't get anywhere with a QB. You hear all that this sets the franchise back if he's a bust and blah blah every year from NFL Network and ESPN and start believing it. People talk about what a disaster Leaf was but what was a bigger disaster is the Dolphins QB situation for not taking one.

The Chargers took another chance and ended up with Rivers, look what the Dolphins ended up with after Marino. Speaking of Marino, how did he get here again?

Luck has a good chance but if things don't work out you have to go right back to drafting a QB. Maybe you get lucky along the way and Devlin accidently turns into Brady but I'm not holding my breath.

You're the one that said numbers don't matter. Now you admit that they do....where is the line?

Not trying to attack you, I just don't see the sense in making EVERY single thread about this kid when we're only in October. If we have a shot at him, GET HIM. I am all for drafting a great QB prospect of the future....but he is just a PROSPECT. Give him a chance, not a trophy just yet.

They DON'T matter. I'm not saying they do. If a kid is completing 45% then you don't need to see on paper he's completing 45%. You can take your eyeballs, look out on the field and say, "Hey, this kid isn't completing a whole lot of passes to open receivers."

Or, in Luck's case, we can watch him complete pass after pass and draw the conclusion that, "Hey, this kid is pretty damn accurate." We can do ALL of that without seeing one single stat.

Coaches and scouts go in FILM rooms...not stat rooms. Fantasy nerds go in stat rooms.

I dont know what is so hard to get. Someone says that Leinart was touted as the same prospect. Someone than says Mirer was. Than someone says Leaf was or couch or Carr. None of them were close to the project that Luck is. None none none. No one since Elway was ... repeat .....noone since elway was. repeat again. noone since JOHN FRICKIN ELWAY has been as highly touted as this kid. I know this has been said through out the thread but than someone will bring up some qb who wasnt in the same solar system as Luck is. I dont know why this is such a hard concept to grasp. I dont know why some people cant understand why many dolphin fans are excited that we would have the chance to get this guy.

Let me repeat again. RYAN LEAF, RICK MIRER, MATT LEINART, TIM COUCH, DAVID CARR, DREW FRICKIN BLEDSOE were not,, i repeat, were not considered nearly the same prospect as Andrew Luck. I dont know why people keep saying that they were.

The point I think the OP was trying to make by posting that article is that every year some QB is hyped up as the next best thing to spending a weekend at the Playboy Mansion. Some of those guys work out and others are busts.

Getting all worked up and believing that Luck is going to do for the Dolphins what Marino couldn't, especially when the Dolphins aren't even a lock for the #1 pick, it way too early for all of the luck sucking and many of you guys could be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment when KC, Denver, Indi etc... select Luck with the #1 pick. I'm sure the Dolphins will lock down the line with a great RT :)

I don't think anybody on this forum is suggesting that if the Dolphins have the #1 pick that they don't draft Luck. But really, we've got 12 more games. Keep it in the closet with Tom Cruise and R. Kelly. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapped_in_the_Closet_(South_Park)
I'd take what Marino did for this organization over what everybody since has done, which is put the Phins in constant competition for the SB. There are at least 3 QB's that will be available in the draft that have the potential to do that, but none come close to what Luck can bring. All the baseless comparisons to 1st round QB busts are simply uneducated (in football) nonsense.

Now, I don't agree with the Suck for Luck campaign, as I can't bring myself to root against the Phins, no matter how bad the situation is (and it is very bad). But I do think we have a legitimate shot at Luck because this team doesn't need to "suck for Luck," they just suck. 4 games in and I honestly think this team is worse than the 1-15 team. That team at least played with some heart. So, I don't get nearly as upset after a loss simply because I know the end to this heartache could be coming. No, it's not guaranteed. Ross could go full retard and keep Sparano or hire some ******* that thinks a top 5 pick should be used on the offensive line (I'll be on the fire him bandwagon immediately), but its the only hope this franchise has. New coach, new GM, and new franchise QB; and we WILL be in position for all three. It's one hell of a consolation prize.

So yes, people are excited at the mere prospect of becoming competitive again, which will only come with a new coaching staff that understands the significance of the most important position in football. If you are content with mediocrity, good on ya. This past decade must have been amazing.

WOW.. I have never seen a player so built up to fail in my life.

There is so much pressure and expectations on Luck now it would be a miracle for him to success here with the cynicle fans

If he didn't Light it up like Matt Ryan in his first season he would be flame broiled!

Luck gets tossed in this team with no defense and no running game = failure. There is no magic 1 player that can change a team. We need to clean house from the waterboy to the GM. Period.
Yes there is, a franchise QB. Nothing else matters until you have that, not the reverse. Please review the past decade of Miami Dolphins football.

Similarities in how they played the position??..... Successfully!!

They both had great numbers and were just as highly touted. That is the only point trying to be made. Please don't try to start an argument based on how differently they throw the ball, or how Luck has a quicker run style......we know already. not the point of the comment.
So there was no point then, just a baseless comparison. Gotcha.

So what is the argument here? Everybody seems to be in agreement that if Luck is there when we pick we should take him. So are we just arguing over how bad we should want this guy on the team? The reality is right now this team looks bad enough to get the first pick in the draft and if we do there is no reason we should not take Luck. Even if he does bust, you still have to take that chance.

Back
Top Bottom