Andrew Luck.....can't miss!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck.....can't miss!!

AFAIC, Anybody is welcome to continue to still day dream, circle jerking each other in a pique of mental masturbatory rapture. No one's stopping you, It shouldn't be "ruined" for any self-described "realists" who aren't blindly delusional when it comes to LuckReality and can separate reality from a pipedream.

Don't you think it's disingenuous for a chronic so-called "realist" to selectively request that reality now be parsed or suspended? Sorry.

ruined was too strong a word on my part but for all we know right now the jets and patriots with that awful defense and hell even the bills may all still be playing for something when we meet them late in the year...

but yeah i am a realist around here and right now at least i feel like we've got a shot at a top 2 pick and thats all i ask for...i don't think its out of the realm of possibility watching this team play we only win 3 games...not off what i'm seeing and the defense is DANGEROUSLY close to quitting already...guys jogging after the ball...infighting...this things still a powder keg...ready to explode any minute...and this oline is good for at least 3 losses by itself...if we ever get down to a team and they can pin their ears and just rush the passer we'll be destroyed...brandon marshall is teetering on just going thru the motions and you know he's gonna have a explosion at some point...the starting qb is an unknown moving forward health wise...

a lot of factors that could go completely belly up...the worst is still yet to come

Don't let Belichek 'out-Belicheck' you.... Even if he lays down in an attempt to screw you out of your destiny, I don't think even he can 'out-suck' this bunch.

The funny thing is, this cast is actually stupid enough to let Belichek give them a meaningless win that would cost them a shot at Andrew Luck so they can draft their next right guard.

'Reality' to me is that this team is bad enough to lose to every team they play from here on out. Absolutely.

Should it just not be in the cards for Miami to land Andrew Luck for whatever reason, the important thing is that the house still gets cleaned from top to bottom (hopefully anyway), and the stench of Parcells and his stumpy sidekicks is fumigated completely from the area, with a fresh start. If that journey has to begin with Matt Barkley instead, that's not so bad either.

and heres one more thing...thru the years i've seen plenty of teams who on paper look like they should beat some teams lose cause the players have just quit...and i think we're gonna see our fare share of that from our guys this year...the white flag is flying right now...we just haven't thrown it in...yet

and once that happens forget about on paper anything...

They had less at stake last year whereas the Fins coaching staff will. If you don't think Bill "Machiavelli" Belicheat with his history, won't lay down if he has the option, I've got a shiny bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap.

...and what about the jest in the same position week 17 if nothing's at stake.?

First of all, the Jets will probably be playing for their playoff lives in week 17 so we can toss that out the window.
As for the Patriots, first you are going to suggest that they will have nothing to play for in week 16, which is pretty rare. You see that in week 17, not 16. Second, even if that is the case, are you suggesting that Bellichick will have his team lay down and lose focus, even though they've been bounced out of the first round of the playoffs (essentially) the last two years?

The Patriots have one mission, and that's to with the f*!#cking Super Bowl. You think that going into the game, 14 days before the postseason starts, Bill Belichick will be thinking about preventing the Dolphins from getting the first pick? Are you f%^@cking insane??? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm referring to the article....the same "next manning" spew that is coming out about Luck. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust. I am saying we have seen this movie before. The Pac 12 is not a "powerhouse" conf., and they play a weak non conf. sched.

He has all the "tools" to be a really good QB at the next level. I just don't think it is a wise move to go "all in" to get him. There are some pretty good QB's in this draft (most of them worthy of a 1st round pick). I'm just making the point that if we don't finish with a record deserving of the 1st overall pick, we shouldn't be so blinded by Luck that we give up too much for him, rather than taking another "high quality" QB with a "less costly" pick.

You say you have a problem with Luck because he plays in the Pac-10 and we should draft another "high quality" qb lower in the draft. Well, I got bad news for you. The other QB prospects in this draft go as follows.

Matt Barkley - USC Pac 10 (same confrence)
Landry Jones - Oklahoma Big 12 (sucks)
Nick Foles - Arizona Pac 10 (same)
Russel Wilson - Wisconsin Big 10 (sucks)
Ryan Tannehill - Texas A&M (I forgot if they're big 10 or 12 but either way the both blow)

Really the only solid all around confrence these days is the SEC and there are no QB prospects from that confrence of note right now. Your'e not makin too much sense right now, just sayin.

First of all, the Jets will probably be playing for their playoff lives in week 17 so we can toss that out the window.
As for the Patriots, first you are going to suggest that they will have nothing to play for in week 16, which is pretty rare. You see that in week 17, not 16. Second, even if that is the case, are you suggesting that Bellichick will have his team lay down and lose focus, even though they've been bounced out of the first round of the playoffs (essentially) the last two years?

The Patriots have one mission, and that's to with the f*!#cking Super Bowl. You think that going into the game, 14 days before the postseason starts, Bill Belichick will be thinking about preventing the Dolphins from getting the first pick? Are you f%^@cking insane??? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

As I said.. these are but 3 of many obstacles standing between this franchise and Luck that a true realist must acknowledge. I have identified many more REAL potential hurdles.. not the least of which is the impressive Oliver Luck whose own NFL player and management, legal, intellectual and WVA alumni and directorship backgrounds (can you say "mishandling Pat White?") makes any insider traction Archie Manning may have had pale by comparison. As the guy who was replaced by Warren Moon, I think he has a perspective and self-interest in positioning his son for success, ...but more to come on that.

And with nothing to gain or lose, it's you who's ****ing nutz if you think Belicheat or even Rex will stand idly bye, helping us land a QB who could be the best to come out since PManning that he will have to face, at least 2X a year. That shiny bridge in Bklyn? I am running a clearance sale, so PM me on its details before it gets sold out from under you.

And with nothing to gain or lose, it's you who's ****ing nutz if you think Belicheat or even Rex will stand idly bye, helping us land a QB who could be the best to come out since PManning that he will have to face, at least 2X a year. That shiny bridge in Bklyn? I am running a clearance sale, so PM me on its details before it gets sold out from under you.

Right. They are going to give up playoff positioning, mess with the team's psyche and seriously compromise their chances of winning a championship all in the name of preventing a division foe from landing the first pick. That's going to be their top priority. Whatever you say dude.

Acting all pretentious when you are that wrong just makes matters worse by the way.

As I said.. these are but 3 of many obstacles standing between this franchise and Luck that a true realist must acknowledge. I have identified many more REAL potential hurdles.. not the least of which is the impressive Oliver Luck whose own NFL player and management, legal, intellectual and WVA alumni and directorship backgrounds (can you say "mishandling Pat White?") makes any insider traction Archie Manning may have had pale by comparison. As the guy who was replaced by Warren Moon, I think he has a perspective and self-interest in positioning his son for success, ...but more to come on that.

The 'Oliver Twist' is actually a valid angle.... Hell, I wouldn't let my son go play quarterback in Miami either if I could help it.

However, you draft Luck anyway.... just like the Chargers did with Eli Manning, even though Archie flat out told them that Eli wasn't going to play for them.

You draft Luck anyway, Oliver can't stop you from drafting him, he can only stop him from playing for you. After that, you have all the leverage. If they refuse to play for you, they'll figure out something very quickly that makes it worth your while. They'll make you a deal that gets Luck outta there and gives you what you need + some.

You do the right thing regardless, which is to take the best player in the draft.

I think he thinks that you are saying BB will lay down.

He is saying that. And any NFL coach that is focused on the draft before his team plays in the playoffs has much bigger problems than facing Andrew Luck twice a year.

The 'Oliver Twist' is actually a valid angle.... Hell, I wouldn't let my son go play quarterback in Miami either if I could help it.

However, you draft Luck anyway.... just like the Chargers did with Eli Manning, even though Archie flat out told them that Eli wasn't going to play for them.

You draft Luck anyway, Oliver can't stop you from drafting him, he can only stop him from playing for you. After that, you have all the leverage. If they refuse to play for you, they'll figure out something very quickly that makes it worth your while. They'll make you a deal that gets Luck outta there and gives you what need+some.

You do the right thing regardless, which is to take the best player in the draft.

Well if he sits out a season, like returning for his masters, doesn't he go back into the draft pool? If it were my son and I could orchestrate him learning at Peyton's feet and having his career managed by Polian, or even Elway, vs the owner and a new new staff, the support of which you're not sure of by an owner who ****ed up my son's coach's courtship, public opinion be damned, I'll do what I have to, leverage whichever insiders I must to well position my son for success, unlike what happened to Archie Manning or even David Carr - public opinion be damned.

god knows i wouldn't want my son playing for these clowns either but i think in the event miami did land the top pick and have a carrot like andrew luck sitting there that established well known veteran coaches like cowher and gruden and fisher would line up to be the guy to have him be their meal ticket for the next decade...

you get the rights to andrew luck in the draft and i bet money ross has PLENTY of good candidates to choose from going forward at head coach and in the front office...and the lucks buy in as well

as for beli would never throw something to keep a luck out of miami i know i wouldn't put it past him to try and keep luck out of the division...he's a schemer no doubt...but only if the pats weren't playing for anything week 16 and again with that defense giving up so many yards something tells me they'll still be playing for something then

Well if he sits out a season, like returning for his masters, doesn't he go back into the draft pool? If it were my son and I could orchestrate him learning at Peyton's feet and having his career managed by Polian, or even Elway, vs the owner and a new new staff, the support of which you're not sure of by an owner who ****ed up my son's coach's courtship, public opinion be damned, I'll do what I have to, leverage whichever insiders I must to well position my son for success, unlike what happened to Archie Manning or even David Carr - public opinion be damned.

Yep he'd go right back into the draft pool next year.... and I'd draft his a** again if I had the #1 pick again...

Hopefully Oliver won't cause such a scene though. I understand why Archie did it...

Back
Top Bottom