Andrew Luck.....can't miss!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck.....can't miss!!

trentdilfersi-1.jpg

If Andrew Luck didn't exist then Landry Jones and Matt Barkley would be getting the hype right now as possible #1 picks.

Andrew Luck exists OUTSIDE the default hype machine. People need to realize this. Andrew Luck is a LOCK for #1 because of what he brings to the table, NOT because he's simply the best prospect this year. Please let that sink in. This isn't just the best of what's available. It's a once in a lifetime prospect. There is a difference. This is NOTHING like Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, or any other default hype QB you want to bring up to make your uninformed point.

If Andrew Luck didn't exist then Landry Jones and Matt Barkley would be getting the hype right now as possible #1 picks.

Andrew Luck exists OUTSIDE the default hype machine. People need to realize this. Andrew Luck is a LOCK for #1 because of what he brings to the table, NOT because he's simply the best prospect this year. Please let that sink in. This isn't just the best of what's available. It's a once in a lifetime prospect. There is a difference. This is NOTHING like Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart, or any other default hype QB you want to bring up to make your uninformed point.

Another one......

So why is YOUR point so "informed" as opposed to mine?

The fatal flaw that a lot of people are making is that they have no concept of context.

Here are some examples:

Andrew Luck is the top prospect for the 2012 draft.
Jamarcus Russell was a top prospect in the 2007 draft.
Alex Smith was the top prospect for the 2005 draft.
Matt Leinart would have been the top prospect for the 2005 draft but became one of the top prospects in 2006.
David Carr was the top prospect in the 2002 draft.
Tim Couch was the top prospect in the 1999 draft.
Ryan Leaf was a top prospect in the 1998 draft.

For some reason, some people believe that being a top prospect in year A means they would be a top prospect in year B and year C. That is simply not the case and it's astounding that some people believe such an asinine theory.

Sometimes the top pick in the draft is rewarded by default. Being highly rated FOR THAT YEAR doesn't mean they are highly rated historically. Well guess what. Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and John Elway were highly rated historically.

Would you consider The Godfather and Chicago the same caliber of movie because they both won best picture? Were the 1989 Broncos as good as the 2007 Patriots because they both were AFC champions?

Trying to compare entities over different years because they have a similarity is beyond ridiculous.

The fatal flaw that a lot of people are making is that they have no concept of context.

Here are some examples:

Andrew Luck is the top prospect for the 2012 draft.
Jamarcus Russell was a top prospect in the 2007 draft.
Alex Smith was the top prospect for the 2005 draft.
Matt Leinart would have been the top prospect for the 2005 draft but became one of the top prospects in 2006.
David Carr was the top prospect in the 2002 draft.
Tim Couch was the top prospect in the 1999 draft.
Ryan Leaf was a top prospect in the 1998 draft.

For some reason, some people believe that being a top prospect in year A means they would be a top prospect in year B and year C. That is simply not the case and it's astounding that some people believe such an asinine theory.

Sometimes the top pick in the draft is rewarded by default. Being highly rated FOR THAT YEAR doesn't mean they are highly rated historically. Well guess what. Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and John Elway were highly rated historically.

Would you consider The Godfather and Chicago the same caliber of movie because they both won best picture? Were the 1989 Broncos as good as the 2007 Patriots because they both were AFC champions?

Trying to compare entities over different years because they have a similarity is beyond ridiculous.

No, actually people are making the case that *other* QBs have been hyped as the next ____ before. Yes, even the next Peyton Manning.

Trying to fit your argument past other people's without actually understanding it is beyond ridiculous.

No, actually people are making the case that *other* QBs have been hyped as the next ____ before. Yes, even the next Peyton Manning.

Trying to fit your argument past other people's without actually understanding it is beyond ridiculous.

The difference is all the other hyped QBs have had detractors. Guys like Matt Leinart and Alex Smith had a lot of people doubting their abilities. Luck has almost no detractors. He also has been more than a one year wonder like Leaf or Russel. People have watched him for a couple years and their opinion has not changed. He could be a bust, but everything right now points to him being a franchise QB rather than a bust.

But... they actually haven't. That's what you seem to not understand.

who has been hyped as the next Manning? and with proof please, thx

Another one......

So why is YOUR point so "informed" as opposed to mine?

probably cause i've read your posts since you've been here and the only thing i can attribute to most of the stuff i read is that smedium jersey you're sporting in your avatar has cut off the circulation to your brain...

probably cause i've read your posts since you've been here and the only thing i can attribute to most of the stuff i read is that smedium jersey you're sporting in your avatar has cut off the circulation to your brain...

Awwww...isn't that cute. There just so cute at that age......

It's an XL. You're one of those "how dare you disagree with me" types. Still, would love to know how your opinion is more informed than mine.

i'm just bustin balls about your jersey...not about your posts content however

Back
Top Bottom