Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)
KC Chiefs (0-3)
Denver Broncos (1-2)
Minnesota Vikings (0-3)
Carolina Panthers (1-2)

Seattle Seahawks (1-2)
Arizona Cardinals (1-2)
St. Louis Rams (0-3)

In Red, I have highlighted teams that can finish ahead of us without the danger of taking Luck because they have young, talented QBs.

The remaining are our competition in the Luck sweepstakes. We must finish lower than them in the draft rankings in order to have a good shot at getting Luck either through original draft position or trade.

Colts
Chiefs
Broncos
Seahawks

That is our competition. At first glance, it would appear that the Dolphins have more talent than these teams. However, you must also take note that we are in a much harder division. The Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks could all get wins from their weak division competition.

I have not done an analysis of their schedules, but I have looked at the Dolphins schedule, and given their loss to the Browns, and the loss of confidence in the lockerroom, I could see a freefall happening now.

In my opinion, the 2 biggest threats in the Luck sweepstakes right now are the Colts and Chiefs. The Chiefs hate their coach and have had multiple injuries. The Colts are nothing without Manning and Caldwell is a bad HC.

I will continue to update this as the season wears on.

I think Minn and Cinci could still draft Luck.

Maybe Cincy, but Minnesota just spend a really high pick on a QB. I don't think they give up on that without even seeing him play.

Maybe Cincy, but Minnesota just spend a really high pick on a QB. I don't think they give up on that without even seeing him play.

Ponder will be playing by mid-season. And he wasnt that high of a pick that they would pass on Luck imo.

Ponder will be playing by mid-season. And he wasnt that high of a pick that they would pass on Luck imo.

he was a Top-10 Pick... Thats a pretty high pick, imo.

Anyone think the Broncos will ever let Tebow play to see if they have a good young QB or not? How far will they let Orton go?

The reality by looking at our schedule is that we will only win maybe 2 games....against Denver and Kansas City.....no way we beat the Bills x2Jets x2, Patriots, Cowboys, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, or the Chargers.

At best we will go 2-14......

No, he wasnt top 10.

12th. That is still pretty damn high. I doubt the Vikings just dump that pick int he garbage after a year. Anyway, I think they finish with more wins than the Dolphins so it doesnt matter.

lets be honest here people, aint no one passing on andrew luck, period. The only team i can say with for sure will pass on luck is the st louis rams, anyone else aint passing on this kid, they will draft him and trade him for crazy amount of picks.

12th. That is still pretty damn high. I doubt the Vikings just dump that pick int he garbage after a year. Anyway, I think they finish with more wins than the Dolphins so it doesnt matter.

If I'm the Vikings and Luck in on the board, I would defintely take him. Unless Ponder gets to play this year an lights it up, you have to take Luck. Ponder was a reach at 12 and is no where near the prospect Luck is. And with the new rookie wage pool, its not like 1st round picks are making $50 mil garunteed anymore. Ponder has trade value and his contract could fit under any teams cap.

lets be honest here people, aint no one passing on andrew luck, period. The only team i can say with for sure will pass on luck is the st louis rams, anyone else aint passing on this kid, they will draft him and trade him for crazy amount of picks.

Regardless, its still attainable if they trade him... I am only worried about teams that will KEEP him. IMO, those teams are the Chiefs and Colts.

If I'm the Vikings and Luck in on the board, I would defintely take him. Unless Ponder gets to play this year an lights it up, you have to take Luck. Ponder was a reach at 12 and is no where near the prospect Luck is. And with the new rookie wage pool, its not like 1st round picks are making $50 mil garunteed anymore. Ponder has trade value and his contract could fit under any teams cap.

I think the Vikings would take Luck in a heartbeat. Like you said, Ponder was a reach at 12. He probably shouldn't have even gotten drafted in the first round.

I don't see the colts drafting Luck, I think it's too soon for them to be using a high first rounder for a qb

Back
Top Bottom