Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3] | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3]

Well, I believe they will let Manning walk if they have a shot at Luck... Its somewhat of a no-brainer really. Its hard to think that Manning will ever fully recover from something as serious as neck surgery. Especially at the QB position.

Then it would make sense to draft Luck in that situation. I just hope the Dolphins finish with a worst record than the Colts.

pointless thread, if you have Aaron rodgers and somehow have the #1, you still draft Luck

pointless thread, if you have Aaron rodgers and somehow have the #1, you still draft Luck

LOL, no... Reality doesn't work like that. You don't give up 2 in the hand for 1 in the bush...

Anybody that has the chance to draft Luck and doesn't is an idiot. I don't care who your QB is. Somebody will pay a kings ransom to get him.

my worse fear is actually INDY finishes worse than we do.

peytons neck could be in bad shape... they will take him if they are #1....

i love landry jones, but I put luck on about three pedestals higher than him.

It's really not fare that the colts did not sign a better free agent QB.There are some out there and they were a playoff team.Its like if they did not have manning this season then let's just concede and get the best pick...Gotta hate indy for that..Henne and the fins are way waaaaaay better then the colts and are gonna suffer cause of it!

he was a Top-10 Pick... Thats a pretty high pick, imo.

I agree. You are not gonna select Luck when you used your 1st rd, top 10 pick on Ponder. hwta happens if Ponder comes in and starts lighting it up. Then what? No way viks would use thier 1st overall pk on Luck. They would trade before they took him.

does anyone feel that Luck's stock will be so high that nobody will pass on him or that if a team with a young qb will want too much in a trade?

Jaguars will probably fire their staff as well, which means they'll have no loyalty to Gabbert, unless the Jags win a bunch of games with him. But, that would take them out of the Luck standings anyway.

Colts and Chiefs seem like the big competition. FYI, the Dolphins have the longest current losing streak in the NFL, so we're in first place for Luck as of now, slightly ahead of the Chiefs and Colts. It's the tiebreaker. :hump:

Does all this hype worry anybody though? Remember Ryan Leaf? We need to take a chance anyway I guess. Can't keep this up.

I agree. You are not gonna select Luck when you used your 1st rd, top 10 pick on Ponder. hwta happens if Ponder comes in and starts lighting it up. Then what? No way viks would use thier 1st overall pk on Luck. They would trade before they took him.

What happens is you then trade him to a desperate team for a high pick. It's pretty easy to trade a hot commodity and it's never bad to have more than 1 good QB on your roster. In a normal year I would agree with you but this year taking Luck and trading your other 1st round QB is a legitimate option. Sure, you'd lose value on Ponder and only get back a late 1st but Luck is so good and so highly touted that if it makes you better in the long run, you do it.

The Contenders:

Miami Dolphins (0-3)
Cincinnatti Bengals (1-2)
Indianapolis Colts (0-3)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)
KC Chiefs (0-3)
Denver Broncos (1-2)
Minnesota Vikings (0-3)
Carolina Panthers (1-2)

Seattle Seahawks (1-2)
Arizona Cardinals (1-2)
St. Louis Rams (0-3)

In Red, I have highlighted teams that can finish ahead of us without the danger of taking Luck because they have young, talented QBs.

The remaining are our competition in the Luck sweepstakes. We must finish lower than them in the draft rankings in order to have a good shot at getting Luck either through original draft position or trade.

Colts
Chiefs
Broncos
Seahawks

That is our competition. At first glance, it would appear that the Dolphins have more talent than these teams. However, you must also take note that we are in a much harder division. The Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks could all get wins from their weak division competition.

I have not done an analysis of their schedules, but I have looked at the Dolphins schedule, and given their loss to the Browns, and the loss of confidence in the lockerroom, I could see a freefall happening now.

In my opinion, the 2 biggest threats in the Luck sweepstakes right now are the Colts and Chiefs. The Chiefs hate their coach and have had multiple injuries. The Colts are nothing without Manning and Caldwell is a bad HC.

I will continue to update this as the season wears on.

It seems as if the general consensus around the league is that every single team would draft the guy. He's that much of a sure thing.

Back
Top Bottom