Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3] | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3]

I have been saying that all along. Luck isn't going to want to sit behind Manning for four years when he has the ability to play right away. The only way I see them drafting Luck is if they think Manning is pretty much finished at that point or they are willing to let go of Manning. I can't see them both being on the Colts for very long.

I'd be SHOCKED if the Colts didnt draft Luck. They're going to need to replace Manning at some point and with his health issues there's no way I see the Colts passing on Luck. They're smart enough to know if they passed on Luck they likely wouldnt get anywhere near as good of a replacement for Manning. Getting the #1 pick isnt easy and getting it in a year where there's a clear cut #1 pick QB also isnt easy. Dolphin fans should know this. Its not easy replacing a legend, when you get the chance you take it. You think GB would be where they were had they passed on Rodgers when he fell because they had Favre? The Colts will take Luck.

I don't see how this team could win less than 5 games.....I honestly don't think we'll have a shot at Luck. JMO

I thought the same thing until I watched that Cleveland game. It's the same **** we've seen the past 4 years. Play not to lose, shoulda woulda coulda's. I called that 1 pt loss with 8 mins left in the game. You could see it coming a mile away. I wouldnt be shocked if Miami ends up #1 over-all but I wouldnt be at all surprised if we're picking 4-8 spots. We're a couple injuries away from 3-13. For all the hate Henne gets and he deserves some because the guys erratic and inaccurate but he's doing a pretty solid job considering the pass protection he's getting and if he makes it through the season healthy he's one tough sob. Put Moore in the game and an injury to Wake or Davis/Smith and we could definitely finish with the worst record. Right now I see us in the 4-6 win range. This team could go several ways. The players could start playing decent and win 5-6 games or they could roll-over (more likely given the character of the team) and tank the year.

HOW is everyone so sure that Luck will be so great? He might be, but is is not a sure thing.

Outside of injury, Andrew Luck will at worst be an above average QB in the NFL with the potential to be the all-time great. We can't skip on that because he "might not" be... Its time to just draft a guy already!

HOW is everyone so sure that Luck will be so great? He might be, but is is not a sure thing.

I feel the same way. People are hyping him more than he deserves imo. He doesnt seem all that incredibly gifted physically to me but he's still our best bet at finding a franchise QB because he has the intangibles and experience coming out of college you look for. He wouldnt be the first highly thought of bust but he's a much safer bet than most QB's coming out of college. He's the only QB I see worthy of the #1 pick. I watch Landry Jones every week (from Oklahoma) and he's not a top 15 guy and Barkley seems to have the arm but something is missing with him, not that I wouldnt take a chance on him but Luck seems to be head and shoulders above Barkley and Jones.

Im sure people hyped up Peyton and garuanteed he had his fair share of people clamoring that he will be a bust.. Whats the point? So we shouldnt draft a franchise QB because he MIGHT be a bust? With that logic, why even bother drafting anyone at all?
I feel the same way. People are hyping him more than he deserves imo. He doesnt seem all that incredibly gifted physically to me but he's still our best bet at finding a franchise QB because he has the intangibles and experience coming out of college you look for. He wouldnt be the first highly thought of bust but he's a much safer bet than most QB's coming out of college. He's the only QB I see worthy of the #1 pick. I watch Landry Jones every week (from Oklahoma) and he's not a top 15 guy and Barkley seems to have the arm but something is missing with him, not that I wouldnt take a chance on him but Luck seems to be head and shoulders above Barkley and Jones.

I'd be SHOCKED if the Colts didnt draft Luck. They're going to need to replace Manning at some point and with his health issues there's no way I see the Colts passing on Luck. They're smart enough to know if they passed on Luck they likely wouldnt get anywhere near as good of a replacement for Manning. Getting the #1 pick isnt easy and getting it in a year where there's a clear cut #1 pick QB also isnt easy. Dolphin fans should know this. Its not easy replacing a legend, when you get the chance you take it. You think GB would be where they were had they passed on Rodgers when he fell because they had Favre? The Colts will take Luck.

They might take Luck but there is no way I see him being happy if he is stuck behind Manning for three or four years. If they take Luck, I don't see them both on the team more than a year tops. The biggest difference between this situation and the one with the Packers is Rodgers fell to the 20's before he was drafted. Luck is going to be the #1 pick and will want to play right away. Your kidding yourself if you think he will glady waste three or four years of his career waiting his turn to play behind Manning. That won't happen.

They might take Luck but there is no way I see him being happy if he is stuck behind Manning for three or four years. If they take Luck, I don't see them both on the team more than a year tops. The biggest difference between this situation and the one with the Packers is Rodgers fell to the 20's before he was drafted. Luck is going to be the #1 pick and will want to play right away. Your kidding yourself if you think he will glady waste three or four years of his career waiting his turn to play behind Manning. That won't happen.

I personally believe Manning is done, and I think the Colts know that...

That's right, it depends on how he plays when he gets his shot and if he plays well then they probably finish ahead of us because they are talented. If not then why wouldn't they draft luck, especially after the new cba

Im sure people hyped up Peyton and garuanteed he had his fair share of people clamoring that he will be a bust.. Whats the point? So we shouldnt draft a franchise QB because he MIGHT be a bust? With that logic, why even bother drafting anyone at all?
I WOULD draft him, in a NY minute,I just am not sure why some seem to consider him a guaranteed franchise savior.

I personally believe Manning is done, and I think the Colts know that...

I already said that. If they know Manning is done then drafting Luck is a no brainer. But if Manning gets healthy and wants to play three or four more years, then I can't see how you draft Luck unless you want to trade him or get rid of Manning. I just don't see them both being on the Colts because only one can start and neither of those guys are going to want to be a backup.

suckforluckweek3-1.jpg

I already said that. If they know Manning is done then drafting Luck is a no brainer. But if Manning gets healthy and wants to play three or four more years, then I can't see how you draft Luck unless you want to trade him or get rid of Manning. I just don't see them both being on the Colts because only one can start and neither of those guys are going to want to be a backup.

Well, I believe they will let Manning walk if they have a shot at Luck... Its somewhat of a no-brainer really. Its hard to think that Manning will ever fully recover from something as serious as neck surgery. Especially at the QB position.

The reality by looking at our schedule is that we will only win maybe 2 games....against Denver and Kansas City.....no way we beat the Bills x2Jets x2, Patriots, Cowboys, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, or the Chargers.

At best we will go 2-14......

whoa dude ur pushing it.. at best?? I think 1 victory at best bro have u seen marc colombo? .........

Back
Top Bottom