Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3] | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3]

Regardless, its still attainable if they trade him... I am only worried about teams that will KEEP him. IMO, those teams are the Chiefs and Colts.

Well the Vikings play at the Chiefs this Sunday, so somebody will get a win between those two teams. The Dolphins at Chiefs game is looming large for draft positon. Also the Chiefs play at the Colts in Week 5. That will be a big game as well for draft position.

I don't see the colts drafting Luck, I think it's too soon for them to be using a high first rounder for a qb

I have been saying that all along. Luck isn't going to want to sit behind Manning for four years when he has the ability to play right away. The only way I see them drafting Luck is if they think Manning is pretty much finished at that point or they are willing to let go of Manning. I can't see them both being on the Colts for very long.

Manning put into his contract a clause in which the Colts can void the remaining 3 years of his contract if he can't play again...

He wanted to protect the team.

They are tanking the season to draft Luck.

No one would ever start Collins...he ****ing sucks.

Regardless, its still attainable if they trade him... I am only worried about teams that will KEEP him. IMO, those teams are the Chiefs and Colts.

do u have any idea how many teams you are going to be competiting with to get luck in a trade? alot....

We are going to win 5-6 meaningless games...

That's what I am afraid of. They will screw themselves out of a high pick and not be able to get Luck. That would be typical for the Dolphins though.

I think Minn and Cinci could still draft Luck.

Both teams are very pleased with their draft selections. Remember, Ponder was getting the majority of the attention this offseason during the lockout. He got it because he ate up the playbook and was very involved with practicing with NFL players(not limited to his team mates, he attended Larry Fitzgeralds camp also).

As for Cincy:

On Sunday, two prolific former college passers, Cam Newton of Carolina and Andy Dalton of the Bengals, started their third pro games. Newton won, Dalton lost. What's interesting with the two kids is this: Whereas lots of young quarterbacks over the years have been handed jobs and their coaches didn't really know how long they'd play before they'd have to be pulled because of poor play or information overload, the Panthers and Bengals honestly believe Newton and Dalton are in for the long haul. The very long haul.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/index.html#ixzz1Z57YfP8z

We dont have to worry about either Cincy or Minny. Our biggest competition is KC and the Colts. I think Kerry Collins isnt bad enough to lose less than 5 games. I also believe with KC's division and Cassells contract puts us at an advantage over them too.. Actually, I hope more than believe.

We dont have to worry about either Cincy or Minny. Our biggest competition is KC and the Colts. I think Kerry Collins isnt bad enough to lose less than 5 games. I also believe with KC's division and Cassells contract puts us at an advantage over them too.. Actually, I hope more than believe.

Also want to point out, and ive said it in another thread, that the Colts have publically stated they feel Manning can give them the best chance to win more Superbowls in the next 3-4 years. Could they grab Luck? Yes. Should they grab Luck if they are picking first overall? Yes. Could they grab another dominate player to couple with Manning in hopes of making it back to the Superbowl? Absolutely.

As for Kansas City, when they fire Haley they could very well go to Josh McDaniels. If Pioli handles the personel side of things, and McDaniels coaches up Cassel again, they could skip a quarterback.

That being said, of those two predictions, i feel alot more strongly about the Colts then i do Kansas City passing on Luck.

i also believed that, but after watching kerry collins through 3 games, he can easily lose 12-13 games.

And although collins blows, curtis painter may get some playing time now, and thats all but a lock for a 14 loss season.

do u have any idea how many teams you are going to be competiting with to get luck in a trade? alot....

And many of those teams wouldnt have the ammo to move up that the Dolphins do... We really only need to worry about QB-needy teams finishing worse than us... Otherwise, we would win any trade competition.

I don't think Cincy or Arizona would pass on Luck because of Dalton and Kolb. That would be ridiculous. Even the Vikes would have to think very hard about choosing Ponder over Luck. As high as they supposedly are on him, he was still the 4th QB taken. I think these teams would be easier to trade up with, but passing on Luck just doesn't seem likely. Unless I'm underestimating the cowardice of front offices and their fear of taking a chance on a potential all-time QB. Which I might be, since they are definitely gutless. Keep this up every week, man. It's strange the things we have to root for when our team is garbage.

I don't see how this team could win less than 5 games.....I honestly don't think we'll have a shot at Luck. JMO

Which 5 are we winning? IMO at the moment the only team worse is Kansas City. I think Denver, Seattle, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Minnesota are right there with us for the #2 pick. 2 of those teams have already won. We have the Broncos at home and the Chiefs at Arrowhead. We'll be slight favorites in both but I don't think we'll have better than a 60% chance of winning them. Other than those 2 I just don't see where these wins are going to come from. There's the possibility of an upset, but more than 1 is unlikely.

Given the current status of the team, exactly what 5+ teams do you think we can beat? We could very easily get swept in our division again.
I don't see how this team could win less than 5 games.....I honestly don't think we'll have a shot at Luck. JMO

Back
Top Bottom