Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3] | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Watch [WEEK 3]

Jaguars will probably fire their staff as well, which means they'll have no loyalty to Gabbert, unless the Jags win a bunch of games with him. But, that would take them out of the Luck standings anyway.

Colts and Chiefs seem like the big competition. FYI, the Dolphins have the longest current losing streak in the NFL, so we're in first place for Luck as of now, slightly ahead of the Chiefs and Colts. It's the tiebreaker. :hump:

Does all this hype worry anybody though? Remember Ryan Leaf? We need to take a chance anyway I guess. Can't keep this up.

Leaf failed because he was a hothead. Luck is the antithesis of Leaf. He is much more like P. Manning in that regard.

im gonna start watching lucks games in entirety now. ive seen youtube clips, glimpses of games that hes played in, etc , but never actually sat in watched him play in a full game.

sat night vs ucla, cant wait 10:00

The one thing I do hope is that we dont make Mike Nolan the permanent head coach...

does anyone feel that Luck's stock will be so high that nobody will pass on him or that if a team with a young qb will want too much in a trade?

There's no such thing as giving up too much for Luck. It's a QB league, we need a QB that's a star. Do whatever it takes to get that, even if other areas suffer.

OK, 7 pages in and nobody has squarely stated the obvious, so let's get one thing crystal clear--Luck will be the #1 Overall Pick. Barring injury, or him returning to school of course. But really, Luck will be by far the highest rated PROSPECT (different than player) at the QB position in decades. He plays by far the most important position in the game, and he has everything you want.

Even if a team with a great young QB has the top pick, it will still be Luck. If St. Louis gets the pick they will trade it to another team for 3 first round picks. There are a lot of teams that would jump at that deal honestly. As a prospect he is worth his weight in gold. If we want Luck, we need to finish with the worst record in the league to get him. Otherwise, it would require mortgaging the future to even have a shot at him.

Don't be surprised to see several teams trading up to get a QB in the 2012 draft. Luck will be #1 Overall, and don't be surprised if Barkley and/or Jones are selected higher than the mock drafts project.

The real concern I have is finishing with 4 or 5 wins and getting the 3rd pick and potentially losing out on both of the top prospects and once again having to settle for some other guy.

suckforluckweek3-1.jpg

Great job! Can I use that, if I give you credit?

I pulled it off of the 4chan sports board. No idea who made it.

Back
Top Bottom