Andy Dalton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Dalton

.362%= the current winning % of the teams the bengals have beat this year.

meh...ryan fitzpatrick like talent and upside doesn't get me all giddy...i'm lookin for more than andy dalton under center for the next decade...

.362%= the current winning % of the teams the bengals have beat this year.

You guys lost to Cleveland and Denver, you would lose to Cincy if you played them. Do I think Cincy is making a playoff run? No but no matter what the sxhed has been they have done a great job w/ a rookie QB.

I got to see the Red Rifle when he played for TCU against Air Force...he's the real deal. I think he will have a better career than Carson Palmer.

Ireland may have wanted to draft a QB in the first round, but we will never know. I'm sure you all remember after the Harbaugh fiasco, Sparano was given some control over personnel, and with that came a promise from Ireland to "draft players that can help us win now". Usually rookie QB's do not help you win now. I really believe that under different circumstaces where our coach was going to be here long term and wasnt in a "win now" mode to save his job, Ireland would have drafted a QB.

I am very happy the Jests have Mark Sanchez....with him you don't have to worry about getting a SB ring anytime soon.

That's weird, we were a game away from the SB the klast 2 years so you should have been worried. keep not worrying about him while wtaching him keep helping the jets to win.

Accuracy and intelligence will always overcome a stong arm when it comes to a QB.

QFT. A QB needs to be able to put the ball where he wants it to go (accuracy). He needs to be able to read both presnap and post-snap defenses (intelligence). He's got to be able to make good decisions quickly, have pocket presence, and be willing to do whatever he has to do to win games (that all = leadership). Too many "experts" worry too much about arm strength and not enough about the "other stuff" when they look at college QBs.

As for "being elite", who knows? It's a little early to decide if any of the rookie QBs (Newton, Ponder, Dalton, Gabbert, etc) are going to ever be "elite". A lot of young QBs who look like pretty good as rookies/sophomores when they get their first chances to play, never develop much beyond that level, and what's "good" for a rookie or sophomore QB isn't so good for a guy who's been starting for three or four years. Roethlisberger started out good and developed. Sanchez, OTOH, seems to be barely better this season than he was a year ago. Cutler has never played as well as he did his first couple of years in Denver. Bradford has struggled this year after looking pretty good as a rookie last season.

Good players/teams beat the weaker teams they are suppose too.

That's weird, we were a game away from the SB the klast 2 years so you should have been worried. keep not worrying about him while wtaching him keep helping the jets to win.

That's as close as Snatchez will ever get.

Back
Top Bottom