Andy Dalton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Dalton

Good O-line + Good running game + Good defense is the formula for a sucessful Rookie QB. Always has been. Now overtime you want to develop that rookie so that he isnt just a game Manager, but now a game CHANGER. Thats the hard part. Thats the difference between the Elite and the Good/Great QBs. Rodgers, Brees, Manning(s), Brady, Big Ben can win you games. Smith, Dalton, Ryan, Pennington, manage games. Dalton has done very well thus far and looks to have a promising career. BUT I still think Cam Newton will have a better overall career. Cam has shown he can take the team on his shoulders at times already. I cant say I have seen that with Dalton.

Not only do I think Newton will be better, but I think Christian Ponder already is better. Dalton's done a good job for a rookie, but in my time watching him I don't see game changing potential.

The immediate success that the Cincinatti Bengals are enjoying with Andy Dalton as their new QB is interesting to note. He appears to have successfully transitioned from a stellar college career to the NFL without skipping a beat. He ended up being drafted in the second round because teams were wary of his lack of arm strength and coming from a weaker conference, having freckles and red hair, etc.
Dalton's immediate success is obvious, especially his natural leadership, but it also highlights our failure in QB talent evaluation, again. (OK many other teams needing a QB whiffed on this as well).
After Miami has wasted so many 2nd round draft picks on a QB (eg Pat White, Henne, Beck, Daunte Culpepper, AJ Feeley, etc), it is interesting to see another team having success in this area. Talent is out there but it needs skills to be properly evaluated. What do we need to do to improve in this area? Fire Ireland?

This is why I dont like Weeden.....wed be the laughing stock of the NFL with his goofy looking face

He's as good as I thought he was. Dude will never be a Rodgers esque QB, but as a rookie he is playing lights out.

If I remember correctly m. Mayock was pretty high on Dalton. Kind of anxious to see what he has to say about this years crop of Lbs.

Don't Forget

The Bengels have the Best D. in the leauge. Us not so much!

Bad example, while CP was a good QB, he didn't lead any of his teams to a SB.

A couple of reasons, A) he was hurt every other year and B)he had a dynasty team in his division. Chad was more than capable of leading a team to a SB w/ the right supporting cast and situation.

That's as close as Snatchez will ever get.

Maybe, we'll see.

jiyz5y-1.jpg

This is why I dont like Weeden.....wed be the laughing stock of the NFL with his goofy looking face

This is the same stuff that happened when Flacco and Ryan came in and weren't terrible their rookie years. Everyone want to anoint them as great QBs, but so far Ryan and Flacco are above average QBs. I think Dalton is ok, but I am not ready to crown the guy.

I said it all along. Dalton was the best QB to come out of the draft this year. Smart, mobile, plenty enough arm for his quick decision making ability. If he was a Dolphin, everyone on here not giving him credit would be buying up his jersey and wearing red wigs to the games.

I said it all along. Dalton was the best QB to come out of the draft this year. Smart, mobile, plenty enough arm for his quick decision making ability. If he was a Dolphin, everyone on here not giving him credit would be buying up his jersey and wearing red wigs to the games.

Dalton was not the best QB. Newton is better and I think Ponder is better. Locker might be better, but we won't know until he plays. Basically Dalton is just better than Gabbert.

Dalton was not the best QB. Newton is better and I think Ponder is better. Locker might be better, but we won't know until he plays. Basically Dalton is just better than Gabbert.

Being better than Gabbert doesn't even appear that hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom