Andy Dalton | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Dalton

Dalton was not the best QB. Newton is better and I think Ponder is better. Locker might be better, but we won't know until he plays. Basically Dalton is just better than Gabbert.

Newton is a better athlete, Dalton is a better QB. The others you mention don't even belong in the argument at this point.

Newton is a better athlete, Dalton is a better QB. The others you mention don't even belong in the argument at this point.

If they had the same schedule Dalton does they be widely considered better.

all i know is if you'd prefer dalton over cam newton right now you're nuts...nuts i tell ya

newtons got dcs around the league having nightmares trying to figure out ways to stop that kid...jon grudens literally baffled when he watches tape of newton and says "i don't know how you stop that"...he's the ultimate run and pass weapon in the nfl in a nfl te body...jiminy xmas...good luck

Really? We're arguing if if Cam is better than Andy? Cam has 18TD's to Andy's 13 (passing and rushing). Cam's averaging 300yards/game to andy's 212/game. Andy has been playing the red headed (yes, I went there) stepchildren of the league while Cam has faced GB, NO, ATL, CHI. Cam is so much better than Andy, it's not even close. Andy supporters are in for a rude awakening this weekend.

its not an argument...its a waste of damn time

cam newtons taken the league by storm...and it will continue

two things :
this QB class is better than last year. i read an article that say that jones and barkley would have been ratead higher than ponder, mallet and dalton if in the same class. so we will en up with a very fine QB no question.

and second i wouldnt say ireland did a bad job on this draft. pouncey is emerging as maybe the best center in the NFL, thomas runs hard, clay is going to be a special player and wilson is nice. this was a great draft and he didnt draft a QB because daboll felt well with henne and moore.

Whether he is better than Newton or not is besides the point . . . his team is 6-2 and that is damn impressive. Give the guy some credit, he has played well.

Whether he is better than Newton or not is besides the point . . . his team is 6-2 and that is damn impressive. Give the guy some credit, he has played well.

I think people can recognize that he's playing pretty well, but still not regret passing on him because they don't think his ceiling is that high.

Really their number are almost dead even except yardage which Newton leads by 700 yds passing and rushing which he leads 300 plus to 20 something for Dalton. Newton has 12 turnovers Dalton has 8. Completion percentage Newton 60.5 Dalton 61.5.

I dont see the logic.

Time to slow down this Andy Dalton love affair that is going around the league. The media and now fans of other teams are talking this guy up like he has been a good QB for the Bengals. Let's start with their schedule to date:

@ Cleveland - Won 27-17
@ Denver - Lost 22-24
vs. San Fran - Lost 8-13
vs. Buffalo - Won 23-20
@ Jax - Won 30-20
vs. Indy - Won 27-17
@ Seattle - Won 34-12
@ Tenn - Won 24-17

They have beaten one team better than .500 (Bills 5-3) and one team @ .500 (Tenn 4-4). Combined record of their other wins: 7-26.

The Bengals still play Pitt twice, Baltimore twice, and Houston. Their other 3 games are definitely winnable which just shows how bad their schedule was this year.

Now let's take a look @ Dalton's numbers:
62% Completion (good), 1696 PY (bottom 1/3 of the league), 12 TDs 7 Int - pretty solid

Dalton has been solid this year passing the ball but again, this is against some of the worst defenses in the league. I would go as far to say their defense won them more games (late defensive TDs) than Andy Dalton did. Rude awakening for this team the rest of the way.
Love that you brought every stat to every ones attention, but no matter what a W is a W!

Damn gingers. When they show andy dalton in an orange bengals uniform and he's in front of an orange background it looks like a floating face and it scares the $H!T out of me.

Dalton's for real. I didn't see it coming, but no one's paying me ludicrous sums of money to scout these players. Another big miss by Ireland. All those people who said Pouncey was a good pick because there were no more good QB prospects have been proven wrong.

Back
Top Bottom