Another Bess photo? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Bess photo?

His NFL career is clearly done. The guy is acting just like Alonzo Spellman (former Bears player) when Spellman was off his meds. Bess needs to be institutionalized until he can get his mental issues straightened out or he's heading for disaster.

Playing for the Dolphins and Browns are starting to weigh on him. Imagine if he is traded to Jacksonville. Dude will start tweeting images of him licking a stovetop on high.

It's pretty clear jeff Ireland never thought of mental stability as something to look for in players.

Brandon Marshall, Jon Martin, Davone Bess, Richie Incognito, Chad Johnson.

These guys cost our team especially the coaches a lot of headaches. On top of everything a HC has to deal with he has to worry about this kind of nonsense too. Really goes to show how short sighted jeff was.

I feel terrible for bess, when your rich, talented, and have a mental disorder, no one says or does anything about it. Brandon Marshall completely lost it at one point, and somehow nothing happened.

Not a dig on Ireland, he thought about that stuff at times i.e. is your mom a hooker questioning to Dez being based on his mental state of lashing out. But Marshall was known to have fits but his talent outweighed his actions(hell he even threw the ball at jay in that mia vs bears game and they are to be best buds since denver days lol) but he has come out ahead of the bipolar situation. Martin.. he isn't ill, he just lacks balls. Richie was known to be a hardass on his previous teams but you want a no sh*t taken approach from somebody protecting your qb. Chad.. I can't say anything good or bad about chad, what he did/does is just chad being chad. Did Bess cause any problems while with Miami? I don't recall any, believe he won an award for his help with youth & etc.

Ireland was bad, we all get it but don't throw somebody's mental state onto somebody else, people go years seeming average human being way of thinking, doing, living, etc.. and then just one day it all falls apart & out. I get it though, some will mock Bess' situation, some will take it serious, some will ease the internet vibe with tossing blame elsewhere but it's not on Jeff for this(inc pitchforks and fire people), even if there was questioning on how Bess would handle coming into money and all that, Jeff took a shot at signing him and it paid off while he was here. Pats took chance on Aaron even though he was redflagged by many teams of his way of life, Cowboys took shot on Dez, we took a shot on Ricky, etc.. Not attacking ya either, just I don't see how Bess having a mental state breakdown a year removed from the Miami culture is in anyway a wtg ireland thing

It's pretty clear jeff Ireland never thought of mental stability as something to look for in players.

Brandon Marshall, Jon Martin, Davone Bess, Richie Incognito, Chad Johnson.

These guys cost our team especially the coaches a lot of headaches. On top of everything a HC has to deal with he has to worry about this kind of nonsense too. Really goes to show how short sighted jeff was.

I feel terrible for bess, when your rich, talented, and have a mental disorder, no one says or does anything about it. Brandon Marshall completely lost it at one point, and somehow nothing happened.

It does seem interesting that while Jeff Ireland couldn't find success with 2nd round draft picks, but he had a bit of a knack for signing players with mental health issues. I think that Freud said that the Irish were impervious to psychoanalysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes people with a mental illness can only hold it together for so long before giving in to the demons. This country as a whole does a terrible job of dealing with and treating mental illnesses. And as a people, we're incredibly lacking in empathy for not only those suffering from mental illnesses, but also to the friends and families that have to deal with this on a daily basis.

I have empathy for a kid from Liberty City that exists in nothing but violence and poverty, who
not only does not have access to mental health services, but sees nothing but dysfunction every day.

My empathy for those on the absolute upper crust of society that work in organizations that
do nothing other than want to help their multi million dollar investments physical and mental
health, since not doing so could well mean their jobs is pretty much nill.

Could Bess be suffering from some mental illness? Sure. It's possible, but since there is literally
nothing in a person's behavior that can't be traced to some "mental illness" or another, the only
reason is the person looking for cause isn't trying hard enough.

Sometimes, the answer just is; "I started doing X because I thought I could handle it. Gradually
it got control of me, and I refused to seek help for it because I thought it would make me look
weak (or whatever). That's my fault, and my own bad choices."

It appears to me that not only had Bess gone through a rough beginning of life, he, like
many others of his talent level, got chance, after chance handed to them through no
virtue other than being able to catch, run, throw. The same person without that talent
would've been tossed on society's scrap heap and left to his own devices long, long ago.
His (documented) issues started cropping up about a year ago. I've seen people
spiral in much, much shorter periods of time.

It's not hard at all for me to believe that Bess reverted to his default position. Yes, I hope he
does get the help he needs, but my empathy is pretty much nil.

His erratic pattern of behavior emerged a month before he was under the employ of the Browns, so
it would be more accurate to say that the City of Miami does that to people. Not saying it does,
but to crack on Cleveland for it is pretty silly.

I wonder if any of this started when he suffered his injury here. Maybe strated with some kind of addiction to pain meds, then escalatwd to something more? He seemed like such a normal guy just before all this happened. I hope he gets the help he needs. I really liked him. Good guy.

I wonder if any of this started when he suffered his injury here. Maybe strated with some kind of addiction to pain meds, then escalatwd to something more? He seemed like such a normal guy just before all this happened. I hope he gets the help he needs. I really liked him. Good guy.

Well, you'll note that I said "emerged". That's certainly not to say it wasn't present previous to the first known,
documented incident which, predictably, our SOFLA media members missed, or chose not to report since
I have a VERY difficult time believing that the incident went unreported to media.

He was at one time my favorite Dolphin, and a professional athlete I could actually say.."Hey, you know....Good for you."

Now, eh. Just another turd in the bowl. Very disappointing.

bess has crazy issues. im not gonna knock him. I hope he gets the help he needs. he was a cap casuality here. there were no signs of him having emotional issues from what we saw as fans. whether hes worth 10 million a year or 10 cent a year he is still a human. any of us can say if we were in his financial situation we would be lucky and set for life and do nothing wrong. none of us are in the mind of that young kid. im youre normal person and try to view certain abnormal behavior that is non violent as different than just random acts of violence. im sorry for feeling bad for the kid and wishing he gets help so that he might still be successful. if it was a cnnsi article about him going bankrupt for wasting money I would have no pity. Ive stated on here before my thoughts on mental illness and im not gonna get back into it again. something has triggered in his genes that I don't think he knows what he's doing anymore. whether its being back around old friends or what. but he was never a bad kid when he was in Miami. if its a mental issue im no better than him as far as any of yall are any better than him. at the same time, just cause he's a pro wr he's no better than me or any of the rest of us. . compashion is just as much of a b---h as understanding.

Next time warn us about what we are going to see. Not a cool picture for grown men to look at.

His best bet is signing with the Broncos and showing he still has something left in the tank, after he gets out of rehab of course.

Ag1Ckr7-1.jpg

Next time warn us about what we are going to see. Not a cool picture for grown men to look at.

Guess you missed that giant headline... "Davone Bess Tweets Picture Of Himself Completely Naked" :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom