Another Chris Mortenson Comment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Chris Mortenson Comment

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Reaction score
He had this to say on an ESPN.com chat:

George, Virginia Beach, VA: To Mark in Boston PLEASE..... Mort AFC East shapes up as one of the toughest divisions in football will Miami be able to put their off season behind them and make the playoffs?

espn-1.gif
Chris Mortensen: (12:31 PM ET ) I'm unsettled about the Dolphins. I see the Patriots and Bills as playoff teams, and the Dolphins making a run with the Jets as a mystery. I see the Dolphins falling short again but obviously if one of the QBs along with David Boston step up big, then we'll talk playoffs.

Just something to read in the boring month of July.

The Bills do have a chance to make the playoffs...just like the other 31 teams.

Actually...the Bills making the playoffs is more realistic than "we" would like to admit. They have a great "D" and "IF" Bleedslow gets time to throw the ball...they could very well be the front runner in the AFC EAST. The biggest question mark for the Bills is protecting Bleedslow. The AFC East is always tough and this season will be no different. Each team in the AFC East can easily be 8-8, 6-10, or 10-6...3-4 close games that end up in "w" or "l" will be the difference.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
The Bills do have a chance to make the playoffs...just like the other 31 teams.

Actually...the Bills making the playoffs is more realistic than "we" would like to admit. They have a great "D" and "IF" Bleedslow gets time to throw the ball...they could very well be the front runner in the AFC EAST. The biggest question mark for the Bills is protecting Bleedslow. The AFC East is always tough and this season will be no different. Each team in the AFC East can easily be 8-8, 6-10, or 10-6...3-4 close games that end up in "w" or "l" will be the difference.

Go Fins!!!
Good post, i hate the Bills but they dont look weak at all. I dont think there a playoff team tho, i dont think Vincent will end up as good as Winfield woulda been, there DE's suck, and Bledsoe needs a better O-Line to b prductive. Id guess 8-8 from them.

Mort is usually correct about rumors he reports, but predictions and such....not so much.

I think the Bills will be pretty OK this year. Running game and D looks a lot like Miami's team really, but Buf just doesn't have the superstars.

The biggest question mark for the Bills is protecting Bleedslow.
I believe the way the Bills are attempting to solve this is to go to more 3 and 5 step drops. Instead of the 7 step drops he's used to with Gilbride's system. Get rid of the ball faster. Sounds good, except the problem with this is, its not well suited to Bledsoe's talent. He just does not read defenses all that well or quickly.

Mort is correct that Miami has to demonstrate more than potential. If Feidler/Feeley steps up and Boston is a hit then a deep run in to the playoffs is likely, but reporters aren't paid to be optimists. I do not share his entusiasm for how far Buffalo has come. I don't think so!

NLude33 said:
but Buf just doesn't have the superstars.
Yea Moulds, Henry, Spikes, Lawyer, Clements, Troy, Shoebel. I think the bills have a much better chance then the phins have at the playoffs this year, a questions mark at QB for you guys and who is your OC a TE coach? And everyone knows what Wanny brings to the table. :roflmao:

Now I am not saying we are 100% playoff bound but to disregard them as a playoff team before training camp.... :confused:

So I guess their 6-10 record was crap and now they're contenders. Again, predictions are based on last year's stats and occurances. Always look for the predictions of the Patriots, Panthers, Ravens, and NY Giants the last few years and you'll see they werent picked to do anything. Who really cares?

When it comes to comments by Mort, I just let them go in one ear and out the other because his comments always come back to bite him in the @$$

This is the same guy who change his Superbowl picks every other week, right? Please unless he is talking about injury reports I don't listen to a word he says bad or good about Miami.

IMO Buffalo has an outside chance at the playoffs. They're much less likely to make the playoffs than Miami. As much as I like Vincent, he's declining and I think their takes a step back. I also think that Bledsoe is a horrible fit for the three step drop O they're talking about using. I expect them to finish about the same as last season.

Back
Top Bottom